Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Warning Light "ring With Exclamtion Mark In Red"

sid777

hi everyone please help, im new to this site so be tender, i have bought a 55reg focus 1.6tdci, i was driving when suddenly a "red warning light" came on dash its a "ring type with a exclamation mark in it" i lost power immediately the more you put your foot down the slower it gets it seems the turbo does not kick in, checked manual it doesnt help at all, has any one come across this problem?

hi everyone please help, im new to this site so be tender, i have bought a 55reg focus 1.6tdci, i was driving when suddenly a "red warning light" came on dash its a "ring type with a exclamation mark in it" i lost power immediately the more you put your foot down the slower it gets it seems the turbo does not kick in, checked manual it doesnt help at all, has any one come across this problem?

Hi there and welcome,

well seeing as you have just bought the car and you have got this warning message with a loss of power. It sounds to me that the car went into "limp home mode" it does this because the engine management system sees an issue that left un resolve could damage your engine, or threaten your safety. As the car is an unknown entity to you, it's best that you have it connected to a diagnostics program by a Ford garage. Lest way then you will know what the problems are. It could be all sorts, it could be a blocked "diesel particulate filter" maybe the elyos oil needs replenishing given the age of the car, like I say who knows hence the diagnostics check.

How many miles has it covered, has it had a Ford 36K service done? Did you buy it from a dealer/trader recently? Maybe it was sold on because the previous owner knew what the fault was and wanted shut of it. If it was a private sale you have no comeback.

Hi there and welcome,

well seeing as you have just bought the car and you have got this warning message with a loss of power. It sounds to me that the car went into "limp home mode" it does this because the engine management system sees an issue that left un resolve could damage your engine, or threaten your safety. As the car is an unknown entity to you, it's best that you have it connected to a diagnostics program by a Ford garage. Lest way then you will know what the problems are. It could be all sorts, it could be a blocked "diesel particulate filter" maybe the elyos oil needs replenishing given the age of the car, like I say who knows hence the diagnostics check.

How many miles has it covered, has it had a Ford 36K service done? Did you buy it from a dealer/trader recently? Maybe it was sold on because the previous owner knew what the fault was and wanted shut of it. If it was a private sale you have no comeback.

if it was bought private you do have comeback now at least in scotland if a person has sold the vehicle from there home address and a fault is immediately present that wasnt there when you test drove the car then you can get the previous owner to pay for diagnostics if they do that is otherwise its a trading standards and a court job if its a garage take it straight back dont let them clear the code and send you on youre way it will only reappear insist on a adiagnostics and insist on it being repaired

if it was bought private you do have comeback now at least in scotland if a person has sold the vehicle from there home address and a fault is immediately present that wasnt there when you test drove the car then you can get the previous owner to pay for diagnostics if they do that is otherwise its a trading standards and a court job if its a garage take it straight back dont let them clear the code and send you on youre way it will only reappear insist on a adiagnostics and insist on it being repaired

Not arguing about how it works in Bonny Scotland as I'm ignorant of the facts.

That said, the Scots have always been far more advanced than those warmongering Sassenachs.

But the other 65 million peeps in the UK are most likely not legally covered in the same way See Here

And to quote the above site....I bought it from a bloke down the pub

the statutory term of satisfactory quality only applies if you have bought something from a commercial entity – a supplier or retailer who is acting ‘in the course of a business’. In this respect, your rights under Sale of Goods apply even if the item you have bought is second-hand, as long as you buy it from a registered trader or retailer. If you buy something from a private seller, you don’t have the benefit of this protection and must employ ‘buyer beware’. For this reason, take good care when buying a second hand car from a private seller.

I agree, whether or not a warranty was given by a trader or dealer, a buyer is still covered by "Your statutory rights" as explained in the supplied links. So if it was indeed bought from a dealer/trader take it back to them and insist they sort it out...or else

hi there, this car (ford focus 1.6cdti) i bought private last week it done 113000miles, anyway i have a mate whos done a diagnostic check and its showing error code p242f, checked on the net for definition, some DPF restriction, i have been told by a local mechanic that these cars have a dpf filter which can get clogged it needs cleaning or replacing, can any one shed light on this subject please.

if thats the case about buying privately, i can see issues when someone tries to claim a fault happended after 10 mins....prove it :lol:

where did you find that out? as far as im aware buying privately is 'sold as seen'?

privately sold cars need only be 'as described', which means the responsibility lies with the buyer to ensure the vehicle is ‘of satisfactory quality’ or ‘fit for purpose’

time to go ask the gf who is currently studying law...

if thats the case about buying privately, i can see issues when someone tries to claim a fault happended after 10 mins....prove it laugh.gif

where did you find that out? as far as im aware buying privately is 'sold as seen'?

privately sold cars need only be 'as described', which means the responsibility lies with the buyer to ensure the vehicle is ‘of satisfactory quality’ or ‘fit for purpose’

time to go ask the gf who is currently studying law...

trading standars will tell you in scotland there is no such thing as sold as seen and its illegal for a garage to advertise a vehicle as sold as seen ive seen a nissan garage do it the n when i qouted trading standards they changed it garages rely on customer ignoirance as you said prove it is exactly the problem though we have a comeback the problem is proving it but if you bought a car and there was a major fault even privqately and it wasnt disclosed and a mechanic can state the problem existed before you had the car then you have the proof. never buy motors from guys down the pub my mates a trader and done that 2 days later the cops turned up it was stolen even though all the documents etc checked out and a vehicle check hadnt been reported yet as the guy nicked it from his aunt while she was on holiday.the diesel particulate filters do eventually need cleaned but its not somethig imaware that you can do yopureself there are many companies who do it for you if its clogged it will cause back pressure and poor running

trading standars will tell you in scotland there is no such thing as sold as seen and its illegal for a garage to advertise a vehicle as sold as seen ive seen a nissan garage do it the n when i qouted trading standards they changed it garages rely on customer ignoirance as you said prove it is exactly the problem though we have a comeback the problem is proving it but if you bought a car and there was a major fault even privqately and it wasnt disclosed and a mechanic can state the problem existed before you had the car then you have the proof. never buy motors from guys down the pub my mates a trader and done that 2 days later the cops turned up it was stolen even though all the documents etc checked out and a vehicle check hadnt been reported yet as the guy nicked it from his aunt while she was on holiday.the diesel particulate filters do eventually need cleaned but its not somethig imaware that you can do yopureself there are many companies who do it for you if its clogged it will cause back pressure and poor running

that may be the case for a garage but not as a private seller. buying privately gives you less rights and you consiquently buy the car as seen. the seller has a duty to be honest but if hes not then tough. if the car has been nicked or has finance on it then that different because the car belongs to someone else

caveat emptor - buyer beware :)

that may be the case for a garage but not as a private seller. buying privately gives you less rights and you consiquently buy the car as seen. the seller has a duty to be honest but if hes not then tough. if the car has been nicked or has finance on it then that different because the car belongs to someone else caveat emptor - buyer beware smile.gif
. The car must be as described, but the other rules don't apply. If a private seller lies about the condition of a car, you can sue for your losses - if you can find the seller. Some dealers pretend to be private sellers to avoid their legal obligations and to get rid of faulty or over-priced cars. They advertise in local newspapers and shop windows. Warning signs to look out for include:

• Adverts which give a mobile phone number or specify a time to call (it may be a public phone box, not the seller's home).
  • The same phone number appears in several adverts.
  • When you phone about the car, the seller asks "Which one?".
  • The seller wants to bring the car to you or meet you somewhere, rather than you going to the seller's home.
  • When you get to the sellers home and there seem to be a lot of cars for sale on the street

If the seller is really a dealer, then your full legal rights apply.

hi there, this car (ford focus 1.6cdti) i bought private last week it done 113000miles, anyway i have a mate whos done a diagnostic check and its showing error code p242f, checked on the net for definition, some DPF restriction, i have been told by a local mechanic that these cars have a dpf filter which can get clogged it needs cleaning or replacing, can any one shed light on this subject please.

I had a Volvo S40 with a DPF, and Ford share the same engines, as Volvo is a Ford owned company.

The DPF is down for replacing every sixth service or 75k miles which ever comes first.Every third annual service or 37.5k the additive reservoir needs topping up, and again when a new DPF is fitted at 75k. The additive is automatically added to the fuel in the tank to aid the burning off of soot particles that can block the particulate filter.

Now between those designated service requirements, if the DPF becomes blocked and you go into limp home mode. You need to take it into a Ford dealership where they can attempt what is called a "forced DPF regeneration"

Looking at your mileage, it could be that the additive which should have been topped up at 112.5k has not been done. In fact I very much doubt it has, now that can cost anything between £100 to 150, as the additive it's self is circa £65, then the engine management needs resetting, to record the fact the additive has been replenished. Now I don't want to scare you but the DPF it's self costs between £350/400 to buy from a motor factor, and remember again to add the cost of doing the additive replenishment..............well I've hear figures of £800 to £1000 for the complete job.

But with components costing circa £430 and the job taking about 1.5 hours to do, I would have thought £600 should well cover it.But I myself never needed either job doing as I only had the S40 nine months. As like you I was ignorant [until after the event of buying]of the fact these engines had DPF's So I moved the motor on [to a Ford dealership] with 64k on the clock, as my annual mileage is low and the resultant fuel savings would be wiped out by the servicing costs of having a DPF. But to be honest I wish I had not as the S40 2.0D SE was a fantastic car, with all the bells and whistles, traction, cruise, full heated leather. And the DPF is not hard to live with really, even on low mileage. If you don't do regular

"spirited" motorway driving, all you need to do is burn it up a dual carriage way for about 15 minutes every 300 miles to aid "DPF regeneration"

Of course yours is a different story completely, you have been stuffed from the start. In that a private seller has sold you a 55 plate on 113k. That will have had in all probability neither the additive or the DPF replaced as per service schedule.

Are you sure he is not a trader posing as a private seller ? Because if you can prove he is trading in cars, he is breaking the law pretending to be a private seller, and you have him by the balls. He fixes it or you shop him to trading standards.

Did you see the V5C document[ log book] when you bought the car, and was it bought at the address of the registered keeper of the vehicle as stated on the V5C?

If you did not do the aforementioned check, the name and address of the last registered keeper will appear on the front page of the V5C when you get it back from the DVLA. Write to him or find his home telephone number via directory enquires, and ask about the service history of the car, and who he sold it to. If he it ain't the guy you bought it from, then the guy you bought from is more than likely a trader.

AA DPF fact sheet

Honest John DPF discussion

So basically

37.5k additive top up

75k DPF replacement and top up

112.5k additive top up

150k DPF replacement and top up

and so on

Do keep us informed how you go on with this problem, as we are all here to help one another. And by learning by our mistakes, it makes us all more knowlagable, like me in my case supplying you with links appertaining to DPF problems.

I had a Volvo S40 with a DPF, and Ford share the same engines, as Volvo is a Ford owned company.

The DPF is down for replacing every sixth service or 75k miles which ever comes first.Every third annual service or 37.5k the additive reservoir needs topping up, and again when a new DPF is fitted at 75k. The addative is automatically added to the fuel in the tank to aid the burning off of soot particles that can block the particulate filter.

Now between those designated service requirements, if the DPF becomes blocked and you go into limp home mode. You need to take it into a Ford dealership where they can attempt what is called a "forced DPF regeneration"

Looking at your mileage, it could be that the additive which should have been topped up at 112.5k has not been done. In fact I very much doubt it has, now that can cost anything between £100 to 150, as the additive it's self is circa £65, then the engine management needs resetting, to record the fact the additive has been replenished. Now I don't want to scare you but the DPF it's self costs between £350/400 to buy from a motor factor, and remember again to add the cost of doing the additive replenishment..............well I've hear figures of £800 to £1000 for the complete job. But with components costing circa £430 and the job taking about 1.5 hours to do, I would have thought £600 should well cover it.

But then on learning about the DPF like you after the event of buying. I moved the motor on [to a Ford dealership] with 64k on the clock, as my annual mileage is low and the resultant fuel savings would be wiped out by the servicing costs of having a DPF

AA DPF fact sheet

Honest John DPF discussion

So basically

37.5k additive top up

75k DPF replacement and top up

112.5k additive top up

150k DPF replacement and top up

and so on

!Removed! hell whats the point buying diesel at those prices ive heard of lorry drivers putting an additive in but i wasnt aware that these new diesel cars are using the system expensive system i have to say

. The car must be as described, but the other rules don't apply. If a private seller lies about the condition of a car, you can sue for your losses - if you can find the seller. Some dealers pretend to be private sellers to avoid their legal obligations and to get rid of faulty or over-priced cars. They advertise in local newspapers and shop windows. Warning signs to look out for include:

• Adverts which give a mobile phone number or specify a time to call (it may be a public phone box, not the seller's home).
  • The same phone number appears in several adverts.
  • When you phone about the car, the seller asks "Which one?".
  • The seller wants to bring the car to you or meet you somewhere, rather than you going to the seller's home.
  • When you get to the sellers home and there seem to be a lot of cars for sale on the street

If the seller is really a dealer, then your full legal rights apply.

i have heard about the dealers trying to pull a fast one and act as a private seller, never come across one though.

if the private seller lies about the condition of the car, the buyer should be able to spot this. whos to say the seller knows about the fault and just so happens the next day it rears its head after someone has bought. whos at fault at here, its a genuine 'didnt know' but no one can prove or disprove this to have any come back.

i think if anyone is buying a car privately then they must have their wits about them and take into consideration that the seller may not be truly honest.

i have heard about the dealers trying to pull a fast one and act as a private seller, never come across one though.

if the private seller lies about the condition of the car, the buyer should be able to spot this. whos to say the seller knows about the fault and just so happens the next day it rears its head after someone has bought. whos at fault at here, its a genuine 'didnt know' but no one can prove or disprove this to have any come back.

i think if anyone is buying a car privately then they must have their wits about them and take into consideration that the seller may not be truly honest.

round my way theres quite a few that buy cheap cars from auctions tart themn up and sell them at the side of the road under the law they are classed as dealers even though they are just trying to make a quick buck ive had to fix a few of these cars bought by the road side and ive seen a few so bad they have been towed to the scrappy guy came in with a hyundai accent coupe nice car looking inside and around it looked fine till you removed the engine tray and found the crossmember was actually split in 2 rear engine mount was snapped anti roll bar link snapped various other bits it had been in an accidebnt where who ever clearlky went off the road and hit a rock or summat instead of declaring it they replaced the bumper with a second hand one and put a new undertray on covering all the evidence up then put it through the auction thats just one example personally my dad always taught me what to do i probably annoy people if im looking at car for anyone as i keep going round it till im happy if i have doubts i walk away ive always found if they have summat to hide and you say you want an aa or rac check done they arent interested so i only use garages or dealers far more come back with them and its peace of mind you know it isnt nicked or hiding some major damage thats been covered up

!Removed! hell whats the point buying diesel at those prices ive heard of lorry drivers putting an additive in but i wasnt aware that these new diesel cars are using the system expensive system i have to say

There is a new DPF on cars from 2008 onwards I think. It does not need replacing every 75K nor does it use additive, see bottom of that Honest John link. But I don't think you can add it as a retro fit the older cars using the older DPF.

Of course if your living in Germany then Ford will offer you a cheap retro fit deal [circa £144] for other reasons See Here

thanks for the info, i think i have messed this one up buying this car, looking at all them costs i am gona need a morgage, but anyway my mate has erased the error codes with a obd2 and its come out of limp mode so i have give it a good run, im not sure if it has cleared the dpf as i still feel some judders when you change gear an exelerate but it is better than limp mode, any idea where the additive reservoir is? also if you could addvise on the procedure on "forced dpf regeneration" which would be quite helpful thanks, well that guy i bought this car off was definately a trader as he mention the log book is registered in some other address and hes selling this as it was taken in p/x, it also has full dealer history im gona enquire with ford dealers on these service stamps and what was done to the car while being serviced, as i have not been given any list of works done to this car timing belt or dpf change, but i dont really wana go down the route of contacting trading standards, i should of done my homework before buying a deisal car as ive always stuck to petrol and not had problems. i was trying to be economical. :(

but anyway my mate has erased the error codes with a obd2 and its come out of limp mode

that is what the trader will have done, he will have got that car dirt cheap and then went on to screw you deliberately. And you want to let him get away with !Removed! you. It's simple, just threaten him with Trading standards, and the Small Claims Court, if he does not pay for putting it right at a Ford dealer garage. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain, don't be frightened of doing or threatening to do it. He sold you that car knowing it had a fault on it reducing it to a "not fit for purpose" sale.

As to the rest I gotto dash, catch you later.

that is what the trader will have done, he will have got that car dirt cheap and then went on to screw you deliberately. And you want to let him get away with !Removed! you. It's simple, just threaten him with Trading standards, and the Small Claims Court, if he does not pay for putting it right at a Ford dealer garage. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain, don't be frightened of doing or threatening to do it. He sold you that car knowing it had a fault on it reducing it to a "not fit for purpose" sale.

As to the rest I gotto dash, catch you later.

hesa trader mate so you have the legal right dont be worried about it take it back to him and tell him the problem if you spemnt more than 2 grand youre covered by sale of goods act 1979 ammended this is the same in scotland and england so take it back tell him the problem and if you dont get anywhere demand the cash back simply tell him that those codes must have been present and cleared before you bought the car i think they will come back to be honest with you you dont have to go to trading standards the therat that you will go is usually enough to make them come to an agreement

hesa trader mate so you have the legal right dont be worried about it take it back to him and tell him the problem if you spemnt more than 2 grand youre covered by sale of goods act 1979 ammended this is the same in scotland and england so take it back tell him the problem and if you dont get anywhere demand the cash back simply tell him that those codes must have been present and cleared before you bought the car i think they will come back to be honest with you you dont have to go to trading standards the therat that you will go is usually enough to make them come to an agreement

Yes you only need to use the threat of reporting him to Trading Standards if he tries to "stone wall" you. I find [and this in regards to any purchased product] once they the seller realise that you know your consumer rights, they play ball, as they have not got a leg to stand on.

Now going back to the actual car, if it has indeed a fullservice ford history, it should have had its DPF renewed at the 75k service. If it has not had a 75k service then it does not have a full service history. But lets assume it has, and in that case lets assume it has not had the latest 112.5k service done, which would have included the additive replenishment. If this has not been done then I suspect that is the problem. The DPF has got blocked and needs a dealer administered "forced regeneration" to see if they can clear the filter. If they manage that then they have then to do the additive job.So still not a cheap not cheap job, possibly £250 /£300. But remember a few years down the line you will be faced with another £900for the DPF replacement. To know exactly when this is due you need to look at the service record, and it will be the sixth year on from the date of the 75k service date [again assuming the DPF was renewed at that service] or at 150k mileage which ever comes first. Worst case is the DPF was not renewed when it should have been, or they cannot regenerate the filter, then your looking at circa £900 [that was a quote a guy got from a Ford dealer to renew the DPF on his Volvo, Volvo wanted £1000]

You asked how is "Forced Regeneration" done? To be honest I do not know for sure, but I would suspect the the dealer accesses the engine management system and sets it on a Forced Regeneration program. So guy said when he took his it it was sat there in the dealers yard with its engine running for about an hour and a half, and paid £150 for the pleasure.

Yes you only need to use the threat of reporting him to Trading Standards if he tries to "stone wall" you. I find [and this in regards to any purchased product] once they the seller realise that you know your consumer rights, they play ball, as they have not got a leg to stand on.

Now going back to the actual car, if it has indeed a fullservice ford history, it should have had its DPF renewed at the 75k service. If it has not had a 75k service then it does not have a full service history. But lets assume it has, and in that case lets assume it has not had the latest 112.5k service done, which would have included the additive replenishment. If this has not been done then I suspect that is the problem. The DPF has got blocked and needs a dealer administered "forced regeneration" to see if they can clear the filter. If they manage that then they have then to do the additive job.So still not a cheap not cheap job, possibly £250 /£300. But remember a few years down the line you will be faced with another £900for the DPF replacement. To know exactly when this is due you need to look at the service record, and it will be the sixth year on from the date of the 75k service date [again assuming the DPF was renewed at that service] or at 150k mileage which ever comes first. Worst case is the DPF was not renewed when it should have been, or they cannot regenerate the filter, then your looking at circa £900 [that was a quote a guy got from a Ford dealer to renew the DPF on his Volvo, Volvo wanted £1000]

You asked how is "Forced Regeneration" done? To be honest I do not know for sure, but I would suspect the the dealer accesses the engine management system and sets it on a Forced Regeneration program. So guy said when he took his it it was sat there in the dealers yard with its engine running for about an hour and a half, and paid £150 for the pleasure.

The DPF function is to collect soot particles emitted in the exhaust gases. At a predetermined level the DPF supposedly ‘cleans’ itself by a DPF regeneration, a process that increases the temperature with the DPF and burns off the soot particles.

In theory the vehicle should be able to carry out its regeneration process un-aided under normal driving conditions. However in practice the majority of owners find this isn’t the case and will be told by their main dealer that their driving style is not sufficient for the process to function and that the car needs to then be driven a certain way to clear the DPF. VW group documentation says that ‘short’ or ‘stop/start’ journeys aren’t sufficient and the regeneration process may not complete. We know of customers that have been advised by the VW Group that they do ‘too many motorway miles’ for the regeneration to function correctly. VW Group documentation states:

‘Driving conditions in inner-city and any UK Island do not provide optimum conditions for the regeneration procedure’

‘Consider your driving style and length of journey to allow for the driving conditions required for DPF regeneration’ refer to owners handbook.

In a lot of scenarios the regeneration procedure doesn’t complete and allows the DPF to further block and require forced regeneration or DPF failure and replacement; something that’s not usually covered under warranty.

Performance software and DPF

Problems occur when the cars run performance software for the same reasons they occur in standard vehicles, however depending on the driving style these problems can be accentuated when using performance software.

The DPF can block or get too hot causing hesitation and poor fuel economy. Although Revo haven’t had any dealers or customers experience it, there have been reports in the press of dry DPF systems actually catching fire. Issues experienced are typically erratic power delivery and fluctuating fuel economy

as said it sounds like either the service history is false a call to the garage that did it will find that out or the service was not done fully either way either the garage you bought it from has to answer to it or the dealer dont just pay the cash and be done with it call ford and get an answer as to why it wasnt done they may do it for free or a heavily reduced price if not take it back to the garage if the history is false take it back to the garage either it gets fully serviced or you get youre cash back and request proof of the service reciepts empty boxes etc its up to us to stand up to them so they dont rip people off or take the mick ive had an issue with getting a few rust patches dealt with garage used a cheap painter and the paint fell off yes fell off he got a second guy to do it and the guy cocked it up so i took the car back and told him either a body shop of my choosing sorts it or give me my money back i had called trading standards and new where i stood he gave in the cars now done and a great job and the dealer is 400 quid lighter in the pocket

as said it sounds like either the service history is false a call to the garage that did it will find that out or the service was not done fully either way either the garage you bought it from has to answer to it or the dealer dont just pay the cash and be done with it call ford and get an answer as to why it wasnt done they may do it for free or a heavily reduced price if not take it back to the garage if the history is false take it back to the garage either it gets fully serviced or you get youre cash back and request proof of the service reciepts empty boxes etc its up to us to stand up to them so they dont rip people off or take the mick ive had an issue with getting a few rust patches dealt with garage used a cheap painter and the paint fell off yes fell off he got a second guy to do it and the guy cocked it up so i took the car back and told him either a body shop of my choosing sorts it or give me my money back i had called trading standards and new where i stood he gave in the cars now done and a great job and the dealer is 400 quid lighter in the pocket

Correct.

artscot79 if you read sid77's last post, the deal was done at a private address, one assumes he lures people in as appearing to be a private seller. But from there on in he admits he took the car in as a PX for another he sold, so he's a trader, albeit working from home, possibly as a second income. But nonetheless a trader in motor vehicles he indeed is. You could say if Trading Standards hear of it he would be "banged to rights" then there's the tax man. I could make this guy squeal like a pig, putty in my hands so to speak. So as I see it if sid77 understands the liabilities of having a DPF motor and he does little mileage to warrant the service costs of having a DPF motor. He could just demand his money back as the vehicle was "not fit for purpose" not only that it was knowingly sold in that condition.

Go on sid77, you can sort this no problem, as keeping you sweet is his least pain and hassle free option, trust me you can do it. He knows its either that or all the pain from Trading Standards and the Tax man, and then still having to settle in your favour, it's a no brainer sid.

Correct.

artscot79 if you read sid77's last post, the deal was done at a private address, one assumes he lures people in as appearing to be a private seller. But from there on in he admits he took the car in as a PX for another he sold, so he's a trader, albeit working from home, possibly as a second income. But nonetheless a trader in motor vehicles he indeed is. You could say if Trading Standards hear of it he would be "banged to rights" then there's the tax man. I could make this guy squeal like a pig, putty in my hands so to speak. So as I see it if sid77 understands the liabilities of having a DPF motor and he does little mileage to warrant the service costs of having a DPF motor. He could just demand his money back as the vehicle was "not fit for purpose" not only that it was knowingly sold in that condition.

Go on sid77, you can sort this no problem, as keeping you sweet is his least pain and hassle free option, trust me you can do it. He knows its either that or all the pain from Trading Standards and the Tax man, and then still having to settle in your favour, it's a no brainer sid.

afetr checking if the car was sold privately but took youre old car as px then he by law has declared himself to be a dealer and the law states you are fully covered therefore you can return with the car and demamd youre old car back and the cash if he has sold the old car then you can demand the full cash value including the trade ion value therefore trading standards would take the case up on youre behalf if you no longer want the car take it back if he gets funny tell him you have spoken to trading standards and by taking youre old car as px he is legaly regarded as an independant trader and therefore sale of goods act 1979 ammended states he either must repair the car as it was sold with no faults which was not the case and it can be proved the fault wast there when you purchased the car if he refuses any of the above then tell him that trading standards will be taking the case on on youre behalf and if hes nort registered as an independant trader then you will see him in court also worth saying that the taxman will be wanting to see him too

afetr checking if the car was sold privately but took youre old car as px then he by law has declared himself to be a dealer and the law states you are fully covered therefore you can return with the car and demamd youre old car back and the cash if he has sold the old car then you can demand the full cash value including the trade ion value therefore trading standards would take the case up on youre behalf if you no longer want the car take it back if he gets funny tell him you have spoken to trading standards and by taking youre old car as px he is legaly regarded as an independant trader and therefore sale of goods act 1979 ammended states he either must repair the car as it was sold with no faults which was not the case and it can be proved the fault wast there when you purchased the car if he refuses any of the above then tell him that trading standards will be taking the case on on youre behalf and if hes nort registered as an independant trader then you will see him in court also worth saying that the taxman will be wanting to see him too

Time you went to bed mate, sid77 did not say the guy took his [sid's] old car in PX.

"well that guy i bought this car off was definately a trader as he mention the log book is registered in some other address and hes selling this as it was taken in p/x"

I think we have established the seller is a trader.

So I'm hitting the sack, catch ya later.

Time you went to bed mate, sid77 did not say the guy took his [sid's] old car in PX.

"well that guy i bought this car off was definately a trader as he mention the log book is registered in some other address and hes selling this as it was taken in p/x"

I think we have established the seller is a trader.

So I'm hitting the sack, catch ya later.

had a bad flu bug yesterday so if i isread then i apologise my head was up my axxe

had a bad flu bug yesterday so if i isread then i apologise my head was up my axxe

No worries, everybody seems to be going down with something.I started with a light head and feeling weary, sneezing , soar throat, then for the last ten days or so left me with a barking chest cough I cannot seem to shift. But we will survive I hope :unsure:

No worries, everybody seems to be going down with something.I started with a light head and feeling weary, sneezing , soar throat, then for the last ten days or so left me with a barking chest cough I cannot seem to shift. But we will survive I hope unsure.gif

tell me about it ive got a 6yr old at primary school that picks up every bug going and a 15mnth old so between the 2 thay get everything

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club