Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine malfunction on dash

Gordan m

Hi new to this forum so sorry if this is posted in wrong place. I have a 09 ford focus 1.6 tdci engine malfunction  on dash when you turn on ignition,  scanned for fault codes and this is what came up...P0299      P1936     P2585    P0380   U0073   U0416   I have checked fault codes listed on this site and the only one I can find in the list is P0380 glow plug . Any help would be great.

I have noticed the hose on the turbo was split so replaced it. I cleared all the fault codes with OBE ll reader I got from eBay and still the same problems .. Engine  malfunction on dash and  when driving  no power. ( ie ) 1st gear 15 kph foot to the floor revs at 17 tho won't  go any faster. 

2nd gear 35kph foot to the floor revs at 25 tho won't  go any faster.

3rd gear 75 kph  ,,,,-------- ------- ----------   ---- ------ ------- ---- ---------------

4th  gear 100kph.

5th  gear 130kph 

Any  one any ideas  before I go to garage with car 

Hi pragmatix my brother  bought a scanner from eBay for 2.99 connect to iPad,  this is what I read codes with as I said before replaced turbo hose cleared all fault codes but problem still there . Engine malfunction on dash.I had ordered a D900 2018 scanner  before I seen your reply so I said I would give it a Try.    I disconnected  battery left it over night to drain computer ecu reconnected and when I turn on ignition engin malfunction is still there connected  the D900 scanner it paired with my car ran a scan for faults and it says no faults detected. Think I might have to bring to garage and paye there price €92 for a dionostic 

• 2 months later...

Hi I've got a galaxy 2.0tdci 163bhp and it drive's great for the first 5minutes after starting full power and boost then the esp light illuminates then engine malfunction comes on it loses power but doesn't seem to be in limp mode then it will start to cut out but carries on driving the main code is always po1169 fuel rail pressure sensor fault. Changed the sensor and rail main dealer. Genuine EGR valve and fuel pump all to no avail as the problem is still exactly the same now after spending over £2500 I'm ready to give up end get rid unless anyone can point me in the right direction to finally repair it .because there seems to be a lot of people have had this problem but no one is saying if it's fixed..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club