Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

I'll have another go at down loading the files . Thanks kugaedge 

Well I appear to have been able to download the files for stick 2 (the One Drive one), but when I try to download the files for stick 1 (Googledrive version), my computer says preparing download, zipping 1 file, then nothing.    I’ll try again. 

Well, what a marathon that was.  After about 7 hours in all tonight, I think I now have all the files for sticks one and two.  I’m not completely confident however and wondered if anyone who has successfully done their map update, would be good enough to list the files and folders that ‘should’ be on my sticks 1 and 2, so I can make certain before ruining my Satnav !   Thanks in advance.

Ian

Actually maybe fairer if I type what I have, if someone could please verify.

Stick 1 contains 4 items.....

SyncMyRide (folder)

autoinstall.lst

DONTINDX.MSA

JR3T-14G421-BC-002.tar.gz

The SyncMyRide folder above contains 

JR3T-14G424-BC_110777.tar.gz

Stick 2 contains 2 items.... 

SyncMyRide (folder)

autoinstall.lst

The SyncMyRide folder above contains

JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz

Hopefully......

Stick 1 move it so both .gz files are inside syncmyride folder, you don’t have any .gz on the root.

I sat in the car for 30 mins, trying to update using stick 1 with zilch occurring.  I then re-checked my files against the autoinstall contents.  One of my files on stick 1 is named JR3T-14G421-BC-002.tar.gz but the one referred to in the autoinstall is JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz so I’m assuming the autoinstall will not work as the file names don’t match.  Do I need to install the file again or can I change the file name.  The size of the file is 14,494,945 if this makes any odds. Confused.com

The '002' at the end of the file means it has been downloaded to the same location more than one.

Just match the file names in the folder to those in the install files.

I'm coming up to Scotland in a few weeks and i'll have a look if you want.

H

• Thanks 1

Cheers Kev, but hopefully I’ll have it done.  I’ll let you know though. 

Well I sat for 45 minutes today waiting on stick 1. Nothing happened. I’ve downloaded the files and created a fresh USB so will try again. Getting bored now. Might just buy a road atlas. 

SUCCESS !   At last, I have upgraded to F7 mapping.  As I didn’t have USB sticks in the conventional sense, I was using SD cards with a USB adaptor and the card I was using for ‘Stick 1’ (Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDHC) wasn’t liked by SYNC.  I changed to a standard Sandisk 32gb SDHC card and the update went on. In fact within 5 seconds of inserting the USB, ‘Updating System Software...’ appeared at the top of the SYNC screen.  The update for Stick 1 took 33 minutes.  My card for Stick 2 was a Sandisk Ultra 32gb SDHC, which worked perfectly and the Stick 2 update took 20 minutes.

As I’m in the Edinburgh area, I knew that the Queensferry Crossing, which opened a year ago and replaced the Forth Road Bridge, didn’t appear on the old map, so I immediately checked and it does appear on the new map, so no more driving on water for me. 😃

Thanks to @KugaEdge for the files, @simonb65 for troubleshooting and @Hamster for the offer of a home visit 👍

• Like 1

Glad you got there in the end Ian. I wish I could make this more foolproof for people but sadly given the limitations of free hosting sites and the difficulties of downloading such large files  I don't think I can. 

I think you’ve done very well.  I had difficulty in downloading the files initially, I couldn’t understand why one of my files had an incorrect name and then had an issue with the memory card used.  I was ready to give up, then....bingo.  Happy boy now.  Incidentally, I now have various POIs on the map, that I hadn’t had previously, including roadworks (although the roadworks icon was about 1/4 mile out). Seems a bit more detail of surroundings in the map to me too.  Either that or I’ve never studied it previously. 

I've copied everything into my Mega account, hopefully you can get what you need from here if you're struggling with the links provided. I've not added or edited anything so, read all above for help.

I'm not sure of their bandwidth restrictions, so good luck!

Download as ZIP  then use 7-Zip or your favourite archive util to extract.

https://mega.nz/#F!bQEBQIoI!NSn0IdBYqfcdNFzIJLSw9w

I will host for at least 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey! Finally got round to updating my own from EU4-14 to F7 ... Maps (1st stick) took around 45 mins, Voice (2nd Stick) took just over 20 mins. No issues. Fairly straight forward.

Like @Edge of Reason, I used a USB-MicroSD card adapter with a Medion 32GB Micro SDHC card which I formatted to exFAT before copying the files onto it.

Sorry for being thick - but do I need to unzip the files first before using - thanks

Not thick. A perfectly reasonable question. Yes is the answer.  Anything that arrives zipped, needs to be unzipped. I created a Stick 1 folder and Stick 2 folder on my desktop and anything that was zipped, I unzipped into the appropriate folder. Just remember when you copy the files onto your USB drives, only copy the contents to the root of the USB and not the folder you saved them in. You could unzip straight onto the USB if you prefer, but for me, one of the files went into the wrong place. 

Thanks Ian - much appreciated

In my Syncmyride folder I have 2 files - JR3T-14G421 and JR3T-14G424. Outside the folder I have 2 files - autoinstall.lst and Dontindx.msa

Is this correct?

Regards

Remember guys, the SYNC 3 system is sensitive to types of USB drives as well, so if you're waiting ages for it to start and nothing happens within say 5 mins, it may not like your USB drive, I've got lots of them as I work in IT, and it wouldn't work with my LEXAR USB 3.0 drives, they flash and look like they're being accessed, but nothing would happen. Tried a different brand with the same files, boom, the upgrade started.

Best way to test if your USB  drive is good for the upgrade, see if you can play some music from it first, format it, copy a few MP3's. If they play, your USB drive will work for the upgrade, if it doesn't play, then try another drive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alienburt said:

Thanks Ian - much appreciated

In my Syncmyride folder I have 2 files - JR3T-14G421 and JR3T-14G424. Outside the folder I have 2 files - autoinstall.lst and Dontindx.msa

Is this correct?

Regards

Yes that’s right for Stick 1. 

Stick 2 has similar autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa files outside the Sync My Ride folder with JR3T-14G422 inside the folder. If the DONTINDX file doesn’t go onto stick 2, just copy the one from stick 1, it’s just a file to prevent Sync trying to index the contents of the USB. 

Any chance you could make the sync 3 18025 files available? Can't seem to find them anywhere.. On a side note: the f7 maps worked fine even on sync 3 version 17276

• Like 1

The F7 maps will work on any Sync 3 version 3 car.  The 18025 isn’t crucial. 

• Like 1

I know you've now done it Ryan (from your Facebook posts), but for the others, If you can't get any joy (or aren't offered an update) from the Sync Update page, to update from v2.0 or v2.3 to v3.0, at ...

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/ 

... you can download the v3.0 (build 18025) update from ...

https://fc.nf/sync330eunav

Have tried with a couple of usb sticks but the car didn't accept them - so I bought a new 32gb sandisc usb 2.0 and tried again. The stick is recognised but I get the message LST_ERR05. Anybody any ideas please - Thanks

15 minutes ago, Alienburt said:

Have tried with a couple of usb sticks but the car didn't accept them - so I bought a new 32gb sandisc usb 2.0 and tried again. The stick is recognised but I get the message LST_ERR05. Anybody any ideas please - Thanks

Have you checked that you have all the correct files on the stick (the file list is detailed earlier in the post)? Have you done the upgrade of the Sync version first?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club