Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

Finally got log file uploaded to ford, now saying 8.3 GB map update available?  Is there another version above F8 ?

Finally got log file uploaded to ford, now saying 8.3 GB map update available?  Is there another version above F8 ?
F8 is the most current version.
F9 is due some time in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just wondering why Ford puts updates on website if u already up to date. Strange.

8.3GB  isn't a full map update, that would be around 26GB perhaps it's an amendment or addition to what you have at present. Maybe you should download it and see ?

I have downloaded it and installed it, unable to say if any changes have been made , still F8 but might be something I'm missing

As has been said on this topic many times, the sync and map updates consist of 4 items ...

VOICE, APPS, GRACENOTE and the MAP DATA.

The smaller updates (i.e. < 10GB) are just the VOICE, APPS or GRACENOTE updates (maybe one of them, maybe all of them). You will not notice any difference when installed other than maybe the main PRODUCT version and/or improvements in the way sync operates. These are minor changes to database versions, added voice libraries and bug fixes in the built in apps.

The MAP DATA is usually over 20GB and up to 28GB. You'll know when you get a map update ... it takes forever to install and the F number will increment!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club