KugaEdge

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

The script to write the logfile is GB5T-14G386-AB.TAR.GZ.

If that's not included in the SyncMyRide folder and included on the end of the autoinstall.lst actions list ... A logfile will not be written!

I’d like to make you aware of further issues that have arisen since the F8 map update.

I had tested on a few very short journeys, after the map update, and operation appeared to be normal. However, today I made a number of longer journeys during which issues became apparent.

It would be interesting to know if others have encountered the same issues, or if it's just my car.

1.       I entered a new destination some 10 miles from home. For the first few miles navigation functioned normally, but then the route information disappeared from the display and voice instructions stopped. I stopped the car and re-entered the same destination, which was found on searching. On clicking Start a message “route calculation failed” was heard. On re-trying several times the error was repeated.

2.       On arriving at that destination, I attempted to enter several new destinations, and for any of these the same error message was heard. So unable to navigate to any destination.

3.       I did a master reset. After that I entered and saved my Home destination, which was saved correctly.

4.       I attempted to create a new favourite corresponding to my next intended destination. On saving, the destination details were blank in the list (as No3), and neither that nor any other favourite could be selected, edited, or deleted.

5.       I switched off the ignition and re-started. After that new favourites from No4 onwards could be created, saved, selected etc. On selecting the blank favourite No3, the behaviour in 4 above was repeated.

6.       After a further master reset, I repeated steps 3,4 and 5 with identical results. On selecting favourite No3, all further favourite related operations were impossible until the system  was restarted.

I then made several further journeys to different destinations, each entered manually, and without issues.

I've passed this on to Ford and will post their reply here.

Hey Guys,

So I've got the F7 maps still, my current update from Ford.co.uk is only 8GB in size rather than the 20GB.

So I've left the USB stick in and performed 2 key starts, how do I know when it's actually finished and I can remove the USB?

It should come up on screen that its updated successfully and say safe to remove USB.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, theroninhunter said:

So I've got the F7 maps still, my current update from Ford.co.uk is only 8GB in size rather than the 20GB.

For that size it's probably just the update voice files. What text does the autoinstall.inf file contain?