Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

Just to update on here..  checked my sync 3 for updates over wifi at weekend and found nothing but it logged the last checked date.  I logged into the Ford Sync 3 online site and it now shows that everything is now up to date,  where as before it was saying there was an update.    So guess there`s no need to upload .xml file now .

Untitled.jpg

20 hours ago, eddiek said:

Just to update on here..  checked my sync 3 for updates over wifi at weekend and found nothing but it logged the last checked date.  I logged into the Ford Sync 3 online site and it now shows that everything is now up to date,  where as before it was saying there was an update.    So guess there`s no need to upload .xml file now .

Do you have Sync3 connected to WiFi? Mine did the same. I suspect it reports back to the servers direct through Wifi or when paired to your phone. 

4 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

Do you have Sync3 connected to WiFi? Mine did the same. I suspect it reports back to the servers direct through Wifi or when paired to your phone. 

Simon,  yes I have it connected to my home wifi and thought i`d give it a check at weekend.  So all up to date, and Ford site working as it should now.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions?  I’m running latest sync3 version 3.0 build 18025 (updated by Fords as failed several times when I installed files downloaded from ford website) plus on Saturday I updated maps from ford website with the 7.3gb download. Connected car to home wifi and ran check for updates and no further updates found but this confirmed to ford servers the software version installed. Website now says my sync and map versions are up-to date. Trouble is my maps are still showing as EU 4 14. 

Does anyone else have or had this problem following the official ford update process?

I had no problem upgrading to version 3, but I had exactly the same issue with the map update.  To get around it I downloaded the files from this forum.  The maps are now F7 and have and I have seen a couple of new local roads appear.

Thanks Sonic72 for the info. I downloaded the files from the forum and now have updated F7 maps. Stick-1 took about 40mins as expected and stick-2 only about 4 mins. I compared stick-2 files and those I downloaded from Ford server and they were identical so all now seems to be working ok.

Its a shame FORD cant get the download system working as designed so its customers don't have to struggle to update their vehicles. 

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens at the next update if they release one or will they just release another version of sync which we can't install. 

• 4 weeks later...

i tried dowloading from ford sync website , downloaded ok, but Dontindx msa file seems to be missing . tried a few times but with same result. Any answers ?

Is the file missing from both stick 1 and stick 2 downloads ?  I believe this file is the same in both, so you can copy one to the other and it will work fine.  

My car went in yesterday for the ford recall on a/c pully, anyways i asked them to update the maps on my edge, picked it up at 5pm and was told there wasnt any official update for the maps via ford! . Showed the lad on the desk the ford sync web page and he just shrugged his shoulders. Nice service when u can get it, btw they didnt have the part for recall so have to book it in again.

2 hours ago, bluepeter said:

My car went in yesterday for the ford recall on a/c pully, anyways i asked them to update the maps on my edge, picked it up at 5pm and was told there wasnt any official update for the maps via ford! . Showed the lad on the desk the ford sync web page and he just shrugged his shoulders. Nice service when u can get it, btw they didnt have the part for recall so have to book it in again.

Sounds like you need to use a better Ford dealer! All the sales staff at my local carry USB sticks with the Sync3 and Map updates ... I didn't even need to talk to service.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering has anyone updated there version of maps from the Ford sync website and if so have they had any issues after installing ?  Asking, because ive been told it might freeze the system. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have downloaded stick 1 but stick 2 just times out after about 2 hours. Getting very frustrated now I have tried 2 different computers and the same thing happened. Anyone got any idea what is happening. 

It’s  the one drive one by kugaedge stick 2 I’m having the problem with it says failed network error 

41 minutes ago, Robr9457 said:

I have downloaded stick 1 but stick 2 just times out after about 2 hours. Getting very frustrated now I have tried 2 different computers and the same thing happened. Anyone got any idea what is happening. 

It’s  the one drive one by kugaedge stick 2 I’m having the problem with it says failed network error 

You can try downloading the files you need (the large firmware files) direct from Ford. See my first post in this thread for details!

1 hour ago, simonb65 said:

You can try downloading the files you need (the large firmware files) direct from Ford. See my first post in this thread for details!

I have tried the ford website and when I put in my chassis number it says that it’s all up to date but the maps are not f7 it’s still the old maps on any idea? Please 

52 minutes ago, Robr9457 said:

I have tried the ford website and when I put in my chassis number it says that it’s all up to date but the maps are not f7 it’s still the old maps on any idea? Please 

From memory the maps were on stick one . Download from here  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UlkJ_InwZWUPpiJfjHxkF3TuXza6NzIo

1 hour ago, Robr9457 said:

Read this Topic, Page 1, 2nd Post (My first post on the updates)!! Download direct from the Ford servers, Its NOT using the Sync Update website. Using the Sync Update website wasn't what I suggested in my last post!

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Read this Topic, Page 1, 2nd Post (My first post on the updates)!! Download direct from the Ford servers, Its NOT using the Sync Update website. Using the Sync Update website wasn't what I suggested in my last post!

Ok I see what you meant now I’m downloading the 3 files now and when they have down loaded what do I do with them sorry for sounding stupid but I don’t want to mess up my car 🤨 and thank you for helping me out 

4 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Ok I have finally downloaded all the files now from different sources can someone please show me what files I should have in stick one and in stick two please because it’s a bit confusing for me anyway. 

3 hours ago, Robr9457 said:

Ok I have finally downloaded all the files now from different sources can someone please show me what files I should have in stick one and in stick two please because it’s a bit confusing for me anyway. 

Stick 1

In the Sync my ride folder I have 2 files - JR3T-14G421 and JR3T-14G424. Outside the folder I have 2 files - autoinstall.lst and Dontindx.msa

Stick 2 has similar autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa files outside the Sync My Ride folder with JR3T-14G422 inside the folder.

I’ve copied the above from elsewhere in page 2 of this thread for ease of reference. 

Well I tried do the update and stick one failed I was up till 4:00 am and I thought I had it all sorted .can some one tell me what files have to be zipped and what ones have to be unzipped in lay men’s terms please I’m getting confused please if you tell me exactly what files to zip and what not to. I know I’m asking a lot from you all but I really need the help.

20 hours ago, Robr9457 said:

Well I tried do the update and stick one failed I was up till 4:00 am and I thought I had it all sorted .can some one tell me what files have to be zipped and what ones have to be unzipped in lay men’s terms please I’m getting confused please if you tell me exactly what files to zip and what not to. I know I’m asking a lot from you all but I really need the help.

Referring back to my first post .. It explains which files go in what folder, It also shows what the contents of the autoinstall.lst file should be for each stick. Can't really explain it any clearer than that, sorry! Maybe you just need to read it through it again.

It might be the memory card / USB stick you are using. If you have another, format it and copy your stick 1 files onto it and try again. I had similar issues at first. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have done my update this morning

Not too tech "savvy", so went for a basic install (just thought i would give it a go see if it worked)

Bought a 32gb USB stick (Toshiba one from Asda £12.99)

Downloaded the update from the Ford site, and copied it to the USB stick

Didn't do any unzipping or anything like that, just copied the 3 downloaded items to the stick  (autoinstall.lst,  DONTINDX.MSA and the folder SyncMyRide)

Stuck the USB into the car and it immediately came up with System Software Update (or something like that)

Was doing a 2 hour drive, so off i went. After about 45 mins message came up and said "first part of update complete, please restart engine)

Stopped the car, restarted engine, and message came up again saying System Software Update.( I didn't remove the USB, just left it plugged in all the time ).

Drove off again and after another 40 mins got the message "now safe to unplug USB, software update complete will update next time you start the engine".

Stopped again, restarted engine, checked Sync 3 settings, and hey presto F7 Maps was showing.

So that was simple....  or was i lucky???

• Like 1

Hi just wanted to let you all know on Ford.co.uk the map updates are back on again for the edge 😀

37E3D0C7-A883-40B5-B09B-D37CC81CBACB.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club