Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

Ok, so ive done the official F7 maps update from the Ford website, and all installed correctly.  However, when I come to check the Ford website again for an update, it tells me that there is another update this time only 7Gb.

Anyone else getting this?

Thanks

7 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

Ok, so ive done the official F7 maps update from the Ford website, and all installed correctly.  However, when I come to check the Ford website again for an update, it tells me that there is another update this time only 7Gb.

Thanks

Not something ive seen.

Yes, the official Ford site doesn't have the updated voice files (yet) so that's what you would expect 7Gb. Did you load your file back up onto the Ford site to say you had done it? It takes a few days to register the update has been installed (or it did when I did the Sync update).

Yes @KugaEdge I did upload the XML file to the ford site, ill check again in a few days and see if its registered my update.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:06 AM, SgtAWilson said:

Thanks    Ok, so ive done the official F7 maps update from the Ford website, and all installed correctly.  However, when I come to check the Ford website again for an update, it tells me that there is another update this time only 7Gb.

Thanks

On 9/5/2018 at 1:06 AM, SgtAWilson said:

On a previous post you said you had installed the unofficial version of the F7 Maps . Did you install the official Ford maps files from the the Syc 3 updates site, over the top of them  and generate the .XML file that way ?

I just connected my car to the WiFi and checked for system update, which seems to have informed the Ford servers that I had the latest updates, etc.   Then when I checked the main Ford Sync 3 update website it said there was this 7Gb map update file, which I downloaded, installed and uploaded the XML file.  Now when I check the main Ford Sync 3 updated website, it says everything is up to date.

Hope that all makes sense.

21 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

I just connected my car to the WiFi and checked for system update, which seems to have informed the Ford servers that I had the latest updates, etc.   Then when I checked the main Ford Sync 3 update website it said there was this 7Gb map update file, which I downloaded, installed and uploaded the XML file.  Now when I check the main Ford Sync 3 updated website, it says everything is up to date.

Hope that all makes sense.

That`s interesting. So what version are your Maps now ?

Updated successfully to Version 7 using the details given earlier by Simon - about 40 mins for 1st stick and 20 mins for second stick.

Many Thanks for posting the solution.

• Like 1

Well after tying to download the maps updates from the official ford sync site for days now,  it still wont download anything . Talked to my local Ford dealer and they too have been unable to update from the site.  Has anyone else managed to download this F7 map from the Sync 3 official site?

35 minutes ago, eddiek said:

Well after tying to download the maps updates from the official ford sync site for days now,  it still wont download anything . Talked to my local Ford dealer and they too have been unable to update from the site.  Has anyone else managed to download this F7 map from the Sync 3 official site?

Same here, I have tried using Firefox, IE11 & MS Edge and it either locks up or times out, not very professional in my opinion.

1 hour ago, eddiek said:

Yes its best early morning before  all the dealers try to log in as its the same server used by ford dealers and public worldwide.

It might be worth trying to download now., I must have tried 20 times at all times of the day on two PC's separately with no joy. However, logged on today to try for the 21st time and noticed the download has changed from 7.9GB to 22.1GB and thankfully connected instantly and downloaded although very slowly this is the best result I have had.

8 minutes ago, tornado51 said:

It might be worth trying to download now., I must have tried 20 times at all times of the day on two PC's separately with no joy. However, logged on today to try for the 21st time and noticed the download has changed from 7.9GB to 22.1GB and thankfully connected instantly and downloaded although very slowly this is the best result I have had.

Been trying as I post this.  Has been running since forever.  Download still 7.9 gb   Still a no go.

That's strange mine definitely showed 22.1GB and the progress to download was instant , it is very slow, download speed is 1.MB/sec at stands at 14.3GB loaded so far. Lets hope I am not downloading a rogue piece of software. There was no buffering that goes on for ever. This is on Firefox but I have tried the others it makes no difference.

Ok  so i just logged in to Sync 3 site today, low and behold it states the 22.1GB download for maps now and immediately went to download now. Something been fixed, never got this far with the map update.  yay !

Oh spoke too soon  its just saying Download Failed.     Guess its start again.  

Mine was successful, still to test the other part the install to the car - apparently it is in two parts - each about 45 mins long - fingers crossed. Hopefully might even fix my other sync 3 niggles, map buffering and black screens on start up. Otherwise works well

34 minutes ago, tornado51 said:

Mine was successful, still to test the other part the install to the car - apparently it is in two parts - each about 45 mins long - fingers crossed. Hopefully might even fix my other sync 3 niggles, map buffering and black screens on start up. Otherwise works well

It dont fix those issues well at least not on mine

Yes I think you are right - my dealer told me that the UK sync 3 systems are basically old Sync 2 hardware with a Sync 3 update which means some of us are going to get problems - he said the new Focus gets Sync 3.2 which gets wifi and should perfume better. Recently came back from Texas and we had a Ford Expedition and the mapping system on there was instant with no problems - I suppose it is more in tune with the states than us.

My dealer has said if the updates dont work then he will change the head as some do work well - mine occasionally boots up without problem.

8 hours ago, eddiek said:

Ok  so i just logged in to Sync 3 site today, low and behold it states the 22.1GB download for maps now and immediately went to download now. Something been fixed, never got this far with the map update.  yay !

Oh spoke too soon  its just saying Download Failed.     Guess its start again.  

Why don't you save yourself the hassle and use the files that other forum members have provided access to? It really is far easier.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KugaEdge said:

Why don't you save yourself the hassle and use the files that other forum members have provided access to? It really is far easier.

I have updated already from the files provided on here.  Thanks.  My reason for getting the official download from Ford is to hopefully be able to run it and get the XML file required to upload back to Ford site  so that further updates will show.

I now have the Official Ford files on stick and ready to install.  They appear to be exactly same as many of us have already installed with the addition of two small files in the Sync my Ride folder named GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz and HB5T-14G386-TJA.tar.gz,   The other 3 in that folder are as listed on here.  Hopefully this will generate the XML files required.   

5 hours ago, eddiek said:

I now have the Official Ford files on stick and ready to install.  They appear to be exactly same as many of us have already installed with the addition of two small files in the Sync my Ride folder named GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz and HB5T-14G386-TJA.tar.gz,   The other 3 in that folder are as listed on here.  Hopefully this will generate the XML files required.   

What does the content of the autoinstall.lst file look like on the official download?

Looking at the Mustang forums, they may be part of the upgrade to v3.0 ! Which you need as a pre-requisite of the newer maps.

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

What does the content of the autoinstall.lst file look like on the official download?

Looking at the Mustang forums, they may be part of the upgrade to v3.0 ! Which you need as a pre-requisite of the newer maps.

This is what the autoinstall.lst file  looks like.

; SYNC3 Consumer Appplication Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TJA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TJA.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G424-BC
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G424-BC.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G421-BC
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz
Options = Delay
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = JR3T-14G421-BC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G422-BC
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried installing the updates from Ford Sync 3 site tonight.  Message popped up  "aiready up to date" or similar.  Then when I re inserted the stick all I get now is BGMAP error code01.

So i`m still unable to generate the XML file to upload to Ford Update Site.  Anybody got theirs to generate code ?

Contact ford regarding the download hanging and timing out.  It now appears to have been fixed. It might just be a coincidence but I have been able to download the updated