Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

Hi Robr9457

Yes, that is where i downloaded my map upgrade from (re post above)

20 hours ago, Robr9457 said:

Hi just wanted to let you all know on Ford.co.uk the map updates are back on again for the edge 😀

37E3D0C7-A883-40B5-B09B-D37CC81CBACB.png

Cheers for info.  Have downloaded files,  unzipped and transferred to usb stick.  Will do update at weekend.   No problems downloading from Ford site this time.  

Just done the official ford map update. It’s showing version f8 and not f7 for the maps but it did not create a log file to upload to Ford website on the usb I hope the car does it over WiFi by its self.but at least the maps are all updated on the car 👍

1 hour ago, Robr9457 said:

Just done the official ford map update. It’s showing version f8 and not f7 for the maps but it did not create a log file to upload to Ford website on the usb I hope the car does it over WiFi by its self.but at least the maps are all updated on the car 👍

B59DB6B8-D7E7-46B0-8E85-00B2D825CACC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Robr9457 said:

Did you perform the 2 key cycle required.   Read this ..     Inside your vehicle.
1. Turn on your vehicle’s engine. Please
remove any other USB devices prior to the
installation and do not insert them again
until the update is completed.
2. Insert the USB Flash Drive into the
vehicle‘s USB port and follow the SYNC
screen prompts.
Tip: The USB flash drive will
begin to be recognised by SYNC.
This might take few minutes.
3. The first part of the SYNC Map update
will continue for approximately the next
30-35 minutes. When the first part is
complete, a “Key Cycle” pop-up may
appear on the screen.
Do not remove the USB until the whole
installation is complete. It is ok to leave
the USB inserted after you park your car
and leave it in when you restart the car
for your next journey.
To begin installing the second part of the
Map Update immediately you will need to
perform a key cycle. A key cycle requires
the following steps:
• Stop driving
• Ignition OFF / Stop
• Open and close driver‘s door and lock it
• Wait 2 minutes (ensure the SYNC display
shuts off)
• Unlock / open driver‘s door
• Ignition ON / Start
4. The second part of the SYNC Map Update
will continue for approximately the next
45-60 minutes. It is highly recommended
to not interrupt the installation process
until the second part is completed and a
“Installation Complete” pop-up appears
on the screen.
Do not remove the USB. A key cycle is
required before the updates will take
effect and the log file is generated

B59DB6B8-D7E7-46B0-8E85-00B2D825CACC.jpeg

... Just done an update, all be it just an update to the voice files, i.e. JR3T-14G422-BD.tar.gz (following the instructions above) and mine also does not create a log file when its complete. The on screen instructions are contradictory in that it tells you to remove the USB stick before cycling the ignition!!

Now every time I go back to the website update page it keeps offering me the same download because I can't upload a confirmation log file!! Wonder if the developers have really tested this process out on a car and not just on the bench! 

It has maybe only installed part one of update.  Have you tried inserting usb stick again ?

2 minutes ago, eddiek said:

It has maybe only installed part one of update.  Have you tried inserting usb stick again ?

Yep, quite a few times! Just says update is complete ... no log! Previously updated maps to 'F7', that didn't create a log file either. The latest update for me was a 7GB single file updating the voice files from JR3T-14G422-BC, which was installed during the F7 update, to JR3T-14G422-BD.

I haven't been offered the update to F8 as shown by @Robr9457 yet.

Be interesting to know what the contents of the F8 update is. i.e what's in the SyncMyRide folder and what the autoinstall.lst file has in it. Maybe @Robr9457 can share that info.

20 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

Yep, quite a few times! Just says update is complete ... no log! Previously updated maps to 'F7', that didn't create a log file either. The latest update for me was a 7GB single file updating the voice files from JR3T-14G422-BC, which was installed during the F7 update, to JR3T-14G422-BD.

Be interesting to know what the contents of the F8 update is. i.e what's in the SyncMyRide folder and what the autoinstall.lst file has in it. Maybe @Robr9457 can share that info.

Simon,  This is whats in my folder,  but as yet not attempted update.   Remember last time we had connected to wifi and that seemed to inform the site of our updates.

; SYNC3 Consumer Appplication Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TJB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TJB.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G424-BD
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G424-BD.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G421-BD
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G421-BD.tar.gz
Options = Delay
[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18093]
Item1 = JR3T-14G421-BD
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G421-BD.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G423-AA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-AA.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G422-BD
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BD.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

Untitled.jpg

4 hours ago, eddiek said:

Yes I done it exactly like it says but no log file and the website still says download the maps but it’s all done on the car 🤔

• Like 1

@eddiek, Thanks for that .... very interesting! My voice update offered by the website has :-

; SYNC3 Consumer Appplication Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18093]
Item1 = JR3T-14G422-BD
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BD.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

in the autoinstall.lst file. The version in my Sync3 is 18025_PRODUCT, so I would have though this update was for 18093 !! although it has gone through the update process and says it has been updated. How strange!

I'll check the Sync diag pages to see if it shows which versions of the other modules are installed. I think there is a weird mis-match of modules in my Sync at the moment.

3 hours ago, simonb65 said:

... Just done an update, all be it just an update to the voice files, i.e. JR3T-14G422-BD.tar.gz (following the instructions above) and mine also does not create a log file when its complete. The on screen instructions are contradictory in that it tells you to remove the USB stick before cycling the ignition!!

Now every time I go back to the website update page it keeps offering me the same download because I can't upload a confirmation log file!! Wonder if the developers have really tested this process out on a car and not just on the bench! 

My maps are up to date on the car but still no log file like you

2 hours ago, eddiek said:

No it has done the two parts but no log  file

2 hours ago, eddiek said:

but as yet not attempted update.

When you have updated, if you get a log file created, can you post the contents of the .xml log (If you just XXXXXXXXX out your VIN as I would assume it's stored in there somewhere). Would be interested to see what it reports back and if I could created one for my update that would allow the website page to advance!! Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Here it is 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

autoinstall.lst file has in it. how do I see what’s in this file so I can help

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

1 minute ago, Robr9457 said:

autoinstall.lst file has in it. how do I see what’s in this file so I can help

Don't worry Rob, EddieK posted the contents earlier. Thanks anyway. It was enough for me to realise that you guys are being offered full map updates, but I'm only getting an EU voice update at the moment!

820353606_Sync3version.thumb.jpg.97fbf33f265c7e40da40b975fbaf9bf4.jpg.

Just done the updates and all went fine.  Just like others it has not generated the xml file to upload to Ford site.  I tried checking for updates over wifi from car unit like last time and hopefully will trigger something at Ford site to show updated version eventually.  Will check their site for updates in a few days again.  

1404628430_Sync3version.thumb.jpg.4859f58b533b2240a4692f81472930cc.jpg

Just checked on ford website and this is what I got. I think The car when it checked over WiFi for updates it reports back to ford that everything is up to date 😀👍😅

C767CD42-FD17-4862-B03E-CD8E79760EC5.jpeg

What size USB stick has everyone been using for this 25Gb update?

1 minute ago, SgtAWilson said:

What size USB stick has everyone been using for this 25Gb update?

I used 32Gb  USB stick.

Hi All

Am I right in thinking that this update is only for vehicles with Sync 3.

Meaning that those of us with Sync 2 (myself included) are unable to update to latest version of maps?

Happy motoring

Dave

2 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

Hi All

Am I right in thinking that this update is only for vehicles with Sync 3.

Meaning that those of us with Sync 2 (myself included) are unable to update to latest version of maps?

Happy motoring

Dave

You can update, but just need to buy the SD card. I found one on eBay for £25.

46 minutes ago, Trent Edge said:

You can update, but just need to buy the SD card. I found one on eBay for £25.

Hi All

It seems a bit strange to me that, seemingly, if you have Sync 3 you can update for free, but with Sync 2 you have to pay for it.

I don't recall any posts about upgrade costs incurred with Sync 3

Fmc customer relations going a bit down the pan with this (me thinks).

Having just come in from checking my car, I discovered that it actually is using F5 according to it's display.

Happy motoring

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club