Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo MK4 petrol EGR and purge valve fault

Loynzey

Hi guys,

I'm looking for any help or info please?

my Mondeo recently went into limp mode and engine management light was activated.

We Checked diagnostics for fault codes, see picture

we have installed a new EGR valve also new purge valve and cleared the faults. Then after driving for a short while the engine light came back on, car went back into limp mode and these 3 fault codes are showing again.

have any of you had this problem before? Do any of you have any ideas?

20180729_184434.jpg

4 hours ago, Loynzey said:

we have installed a new EGR valve also new purge valve and cleared the faults. Then after driving for a short while the engine light came back on, car went back into limp mode and these 3 fault codes are showing again.

On some engines, there is a common 12v supply fuse and wiring for the EGR, Purge valve and variable Intake solenoid. So it would be worth checking for intermittent faults in this supply wiring.

Otherwise, next suspect is the Intake Runner control circuit (Called as variable intake solenoid above).

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the feedback m8. I ended up getting an autoelectrican to look at car 

Turns out there was a fuse missing, fuse replaced and problem solved  so I replaced egr and purge valves for no reason. There are only 2 garages my car has been in i won't name them here however must have been one of the garages that removed the fuse.

Glad it's sorted now tho.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club