Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facelifting front end of mk3.....

Luke_Anderson

On 7/31/2018 at 5:08 PM, fordification said:

I've seen somewhere online an RS style front bumper designed for the pre facelift mk3.  I'm considering getting one myself.

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/maxton-ford-focus-mk3-pre-facelift-10-14-rs-2015-look-front-bumper.html

These look pretty good to be fair as long as it doesn't have RS on it.

I've been looking at these.

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kits/ford/ford-focus-body-kits/ford-focus-mk3-10/mm-ford-focus-st-13-front-bumper.html

I'd need to cut holes in for the parking sensors as mines a Tit X so has them all round, and I'd need to cut holes for the headlight washer jets.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

Yeah I’m not a fan of the st badge either but I do much prefer the bumper! There is some electrics involved but to what degree depends on what you are starting with  and what you want to go to! 

I've a Tit X so same as yours. Did you just swap the headlamps over or was there wiring involved?

You need to add a wire, change the hcm module and change the central config. But all this will only work if you have the software updated bcm which I believe you have? 

Hi

Thanks, yes I managed to update the BCM to do the console change so that is fine. To be fair I looked at costs and blimey it runs to a bit. I even looked at the pre-facelift st bumper and they are mega money too, so I may wait and save my money see what happens in the future.

Best thing to do is keep an eye out and don’t underestimate the value of your existing parts. The pre facelift xenon lights sell for good money. I collected all my parts over about 6 months and bought them in the right colour, by the time I sold everything that came off I was actually up financially 👍🏻

Fair enough I'll keep my eye out. Getting the correct colour is a biggy I suppose. I actually prefer the look of the pre-facelift ST bumper so I'll look at both and not rush in like I normally do 🙂 I'm seriously tempted to do this though. 

I've just looked at the price of Xenon units pre-facelift, that's a hell of a lot of money, I see what you mean.

The only problem with that is that the preface lift st is spirit blue so won’t match your existing paint. I found that one out when I got the spoiler 😂 facelift st is deep impact blue so matches just fine 👍🏻

It's all swings and roundabouts, for me it would be less hassle to just swap the bumper and cut holes for the the parking sensors, you on the other hand seem to be quite gifted when it comes to swapping bits over, or lucky 😁

Patient and obsessive usually 😂 I just keep an eye out for things and check super regularly. If you aren’t in a rush it’s worth playing the long game 👍🏻

Yes I think on this occasion I will be playing the long game, or I might even just go for the zetec s look, saw one today with the honeycomb inserts which didn't look too bad.