Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth Upgrading to the New Fiesta?

fiestalux

I have a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost, which is a great little car and it has a relatively low mileage and is still in very good condition (no faults so far). Next year it's 5 year warranty will end so I am curious to know if it is worth upgrading to the new Fiesta?  I doubt it will suddenly get loads of problems so the reason for a potential new car is more a mix of peace of mind and if the new version has improved significantly. My only real grip against the current car is the rather downmarket interior plastics. The fuel consumption is not quite as claimed but is certainly not a reason so switch as it is acceptable and  I doubt that will have improved much in the current model.

For what you would get for yours in p/x against a new model i don't think it would be worth changing.

The new model has a better interior (dash/ clocks/ display/ features/ etc) but maybe £12k+ extra - not worth it.

If you really want the new model have you thought about selling yours and leasing? works out a lot cheaper as you're paying less than the 2 or 3 years depreciation costs and you get the warranty and free RFL (lease co pays that)

• Like 1

I had a 2017 mk7.5 fiesta zetec which I liked but never really loved, always wanted the st-line.

I now have the mk8 st-line and it’s night and day in my opinion. Feels MUCH more sporty, grounded, technologically advanced and i just love it. The Interior seems massively improved, don’t notice the plastics any worse, the square bottomed steering wheel, wildly better screens, vents, buttons, dials, seat covers, headlining etc etc, are much better.

after chopping in the last car only, I’m only paying £27 per month more on 3 years options (on privilege though), but as the price was right the moons seemed to align.

i think it depends if you want to maintain an ageing car that’s perfectly ok at the moment, or don’t mind spending some extra money for the upgraded model that really is better all round and a brand new warranty and it’s a good year since it came out so any initial problems should be gone.

The only way is up!

hope my opinion helps!

😀

Definitely upgrade if you can....

You will notice and be impressed with the difference. 

If it is possible go for the St Line X to get all the little extras, they are with it. That is if you are getting an st line.

I'm sorry to burst the bubble here 

The mk7.5 is the better car (wait till I get to my point before judging) 

Mk8 belter looks wise comes to certain taste but that's not where I'm basing this on I'm basing it on engine..... 

Both Mk7 and mk8 has exact same engine except they added cylinder deactivation which is daft IMHO puts power from engine to one or 2 pistons .  Please .... 

Mk8 is heavier car, ford made the car wider and slightly longer with same engine makes it less bhp/tonne making it less mpg..... I've drove both and here to say Mk7 is better.... Now to the gadgets 

Mk8 beats it hands down gadgets galore which I'm actually more for, i love gadgets but with modern cars all you really need to do is add your own media screen and you get most of them anyway 

So here's the conclusion .....

Personal choice 

For me I drove my fiesta and loved it for years had over 4year of fun in that little car running 170bhp I needed bigger so was liking the fact the new car was bigger I drove one on test drive and work has one alsoso drove it.... Didn't feel the same imho and I don't mean better a felt the Mk7 was better for engine wise well down to weight being lower and mpg where I average 43+ on the mk8 37+

But was impressed with the inside of the car all round the mk8 definitely beats Mk7 for interior lol 

For me I ended up choosing an estate focus lol as I can buy a second car now for speed so personally

Go test drive it and work out if it's the best option out there ... Due to prices a would say there is better out there than the mk8 fiesta 😉

• Like 1

I think it comes down to your own choice as people on here either love or hate as goes the same with all cars.

My own opinion is if i have had a car for a nice few years and trouble free or close to and does my needs why sell.

I do like the MK8 and the inside is a lot better but and a big BUT its money,loose loads on yours and been a great car and still is what i have read.

Also finances/monthly Dept etc as all people are different.

I have a old 2011 titanium 1.6 and i will keep it,very low millage and loads of toys and trouble free for just over 4 years as i had it just over 3 years old.

James.........You have a good point there that the MK8 is a bigger car and a lot heavier so less MPG/HP as listed  as good as the same engine as MK 7.5.

I cant comment on other stuff only what i have seen and read as never drove MK8 and never drove a MK 7.5 eco.

• Like 1

This is a very personal choice.   I have a 2013 ecoboost 100 Titanium and it does everything I want.   I wouldn't even think of changing it.

• Like 1

No-one can tell you what to do really, I love the Mk8, massive improvement over the Mk7 for me.

But changing a car is down to personal preference, finances and circumstances. Regardless of what you are changing to.

• Like 1

When I look at the mk8 I do sometimes regret not waiting for a few months, not that I would have got as good a deal and been able to afford it anyway.

But I just don't see enough of a jump between the mk7.5 and mk8, they look similar, same engines but different gearbox, the screen is modern but I've had a car with a big screen and they're just a nuisance. If there was a 150ps mk8 that would have been where the temptation was.

If there was a leap in technology and design and drivetrain then of probably be regretting it more but on appearance I keep seeing it as a mk7.75 rather than a new car. The new focus is a brand new car and is coming with hybrid options later, that is will be where I look next time.

I have a Mk7.5 St Line and the mrs has a Mk8 St Line X. I love the engine sound on the 7.5 but In all honesty I cannot wait now until change day to order a Mk8 for myself (better refinement, comfort and looks now it has grown on me)........ Although an ST3 is still nagging in my ear. We will see.😁

Be good the see what they Facelift (8.5) on the MK8.

Im not 100% on the LCD screen being just stuck there as a lot of cars do now like BM'S and Mercs,i like them a nice flush fit into the dash.

• 1 year later...

Had a Performance edition MK8 and didn't really like it. agreed the gadgets and interior looks are great and lots of tuning potential but the build quality, seat comfort and lower MPG wasn't an improvement compared to the MK7. the external looks were not to my taste either and only really brought it for the orange paint 😁 

Now in a MK4 Focus STd and love it. do miss the old MK7 ST 5 door. A great car.

20200320_064641.thumb.jpg.abc8633fc93ea715ca3b5e269bde5051.jpg

20200426_143351.thumb.jpg.e0025ad7f888e6f8c468ffd7b2e02a34.jpg

20190810_104756.jpg.4c16bf133d3e0575c8b137139a101715.thumb.jpg.4a6b748fb28fed801d0af4347d524aa0.jpg