Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

Bannko

Hi Guys,

again did this few months back so thought i would share all the info i have so anyone can try it 🙂

My case was, that i had 4 rear sensors wanted to add the front but at the end i did the full automated parking option.

Principle is the same, so if you want to retrofit:

1.  just the rear senors or 2. rear + front sensors or 3. if you have rear and want to add the front or full parking assists. 

WHAT YOU NEED TO CHECK FIRST:

1. You have to check if the connector for the parking module is present. You can find it in the boot on the right side, under the boot lining:

• if cannot find anything, unfortunately you cannot retrofit it
  • If you have there just one yellow connector - you can retrofit just the rear sensors
  • if you have there 3 connectors (2x yellow, 1x black) - you are lucky and you can retrofit the front or the whole automated parking assist.

Examples:

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/konektory.jpg.406be6e896521c920e7f0d5931abd8e1.jpg<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/module.jpg.acafa633073faceaf95622d0b58c2551.jpg

2. In case you have 3 connectors and you would like to also add the automated parking option you have to check what ABS sensors you have in rear axle.

• For the automated parking you need to have the one, that are light color. 
  • If they are present you are good to go if you have the black one, you need to change them with the light one.

Examples:

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/ABS.jpg.d9132a75a750d130e51ef2ff30deda78.jpg

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/abs3.jpg.a506cc8ae30e6b119d7f4d543a2f74c1.jpg

WHAT YOU NEED TO BUY:

1. PARKING MODULE:

• For the pre facelift the module's part no. begins with BM5T- for the Focus facelift MK3.5 F1ET-
  •  If the first letter of the part no. ending begins with -Ax it is just for the rear and if beginns with -it is for the front+rear and also controls the automated parking option.
  • They should be easy to find on eBay

Examples:

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/850301801_modulepfl.jpg.1ef3ca6de364c022c68576a4fc490ec1.jpg<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/1617755867_obr1-modulparkasistenta.jpg.c20f12e86ca45dcc87d8dabb8c3b83cc.jpg<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/module.jpg.acafa633073faceaf95622d0b58c2551.jpg

2. The rear/front bumper loom.

3. Parking sensors and the brackets:

4. The light color ABS sensors (in case you would like to have the active park assist and you have the wrong black ABS sensors)

• Hard to find used and i bought a new one from ford dealer. Ford catalog FINISH number is: 1756081.
  • They are the same for MK3 and also MK3.5 Focus
  • You need to buy 2 of them.

Example:

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/abs2.jpg.e9e8993b8ef7c97442050bc460b4345e.jpg

5. New Interior button (only if you are retrofiring front, not needed just for the rear parking sensors😞

• There can be more buttons variations, depends if you have also heated steering wheel. 
  • Don't know the part numbers so you have to just search on eBay or consult with your dealer 

Example for MK3+MK3.5

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/gombik.jpg.0219b36479d8ddfd429257250405caf7.jpg<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/DSC_0649.JPG.25747bea2d832e7f66611c747b44300e.JPG

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/button.jpg.bad44e3f1a53791f4d5b3164751f46b1.jpg

6. ELM327 cable for activation after all is in place.

HOW TO INSTALL IT:

Well basically everything is PLUG & PLAY 🙂 so no need to write you something more.

• There are plenty videos on YT how to remove bumpers.
  • And the bumpers have exact places marked where you have to cut the hole for the sensors. Just be careful you need to cut the exact shape so the sensor bracket will fit

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/naraznik.jpg.31dce2c5dea79fa5193600682e76ca09.jpg

And then about 4-5 hours of work, lol

<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/1856902426_34699807_868444763366519_216994095824896000_o(1).jpg.14082e1ee9974c1ab0e4aaa77f7e2015.jpg

HOW TO ACTIVATE IT:

1. With program Focccus : http://ford.xtlt.ru/FoCCCus/FoCCCus_0.8.6.zip

• Connect the car and laptop with ELM cable and start Forscan
  • In case we did change the ABS sensors as a first thing we have to configure it. Line #203 – Wheel Speed sensor type” – „With direction (autroparking) and then after the change also we have to INITIALIZE the ABS module.
  • Then we activate the parking sensors itself. Line #59 Parking assistance - and we choose the option we need.

2. In case we have SYNC2/SYNC3 then we have to activate also the visualization in APIM:

• Forscan: https://forscan.org/download.html
  • 7D0-01-01- here i must do some research first not sure what we have to change as i have not used Forscan for this.
  • In case we have 12 sensors and activated automated parking assist then additional change is needed in order to have full 360° visualization.
  • 7D0-02-02: xYxx xxxx xxxx / Value Y must be an odd value - so e.g. we have there A ( that is 10 in DEC), we have to change it to B (11DEC) or if there is 6 we change it to 7 or 5 and so on. 

Example:
<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/senzory.png.1a1473df49161df618f1118f53e15b90.png

That is all. The distance visualization will also show up on the display 🙂 sometimes not immediately after activation and you have to give it a day or so. Also note that it is displayed only on the 4,2" display and higher. On that really small one we have only acoustic notification.

Any questions or help or whatever are welcomed here in this topic and hope we can share later other successful attempts.

konektory.jpg

module.jpg

ABS.jpg

abs3.jpg

module pfl.jpg

obr1 - modul park asistenta.jpg

abs2.jpg

gombik.jpg

DSC_0649.JPG

button.jpg

naraznik.jpg

senzory.png

34699807_868444763366519_216994095824896000_o (1).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

my titanium 64 plate have all looms for so far everything so worth to check.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Ford-Focus-1-5-diesel-hatch-rear-parking-aid-module-f1et-15k866-af/132259152253?hash=item1ecb42817d:g:2dQAAOSwRMtZZp5l

does this look like the correct one for a facelift mk3.5 for just reverse? 2017 model. 

Im Away to see if i do have the wiring in place, and also check a price for the sensors themselves.

I have the rear parking module and rear loom for 4x sensors if you want forcthe mk3.5

Because i bought a new loom for 6x sensors 🙂 so have still few spare pars from it.

This is only for those who would like to add 4 rear parking sensors.

New parking sensor from Ford costs about 20Pounds.

But here is an Chinese alternative, they are proven that work like OEM Ford.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CJ5T-15K859-FA-PDC-Parking-Sensor-For-2006-2015-Ford-Galaxy-S-Max-2011-15-Focus/32812995285.html?

They will not help , I try to found with this numbers no luck.

• 5 months later...

Hi, thanks for the great guide, I've got a 2011 mk3 and am wanting to fit rear sensors. Unfortunately I've fallen at the first hurdle, how do you remove the rear side carpets to check for the connectors (before I order bits)? I've removed the two screws in the parcel shelf trim but neither it or the carpets will budge still. 

Also, does a dv4t module work in a pre face-lift? 

Thanks 

@mastachaz can you describe for the mate above, where is the parking module located in hatch?

On 1/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, xcd said:

Hi, thanks for the great guide, I've got a 2011 mk3 and am wanting to fit rear sensors. Unfortunately I've fallen at the first hurdle, how do you remove the rear side carpets to check for the connectors (before I order bits)? I've removed the two screws in the parcel shelf trim but neither it or the carpets will budge still. 

Also, does a dv4t module work in a pre face-lift? 

Thanks 

on right side only , need to remove few plastic around to be able look behind carpet for connectors.

Remove the screws and then you have to pull the carpet trim on the right wing down from behind the plastic trim that supports the parcel shelf. Place your hand on the top of the carpet trim above the wheel arch and push it down is probably the easiest way

5 hours ago, mastachaz said:

on right side only , need to remove few plastic around to be able look behind carpet for connectors.

So I need to remove the parcel shelf support, where are the clips?

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Remove the screws and then you have to pull the carpet trim on the right wing down from behind the plastic trim that supports the parcel shelf. Place your hand on the top of the carpet trim above the wheel arch and push it down is probably the easiest way

Thanks, so I shouldn't need to remove the trim that supports the shelf? A few things I read said I had to and I was struggling with that.

You don’t need to remove the shelf itself, just the carpet trim from under it 

Hiya I've got a mk3 focus estate and recently my reverse loom got melted ordered a new one from Ford and fitted it but still my reverse and front sensors ain't working ... do you know where it's a fuse or module that could have tripped and whereabout in the car are these located 

1 hour ago, Habs said:

Hiya I've got a mk3 focus estate and recently my reverse loom got melted ordered a new one from Ford and fitted it but still my reverse and front sensors ain't working ... do you know where it's a fuse or module that could have tripped and whereabout in the car are these located 

Not sure where the fuses are but a quick google search or look at the manual will tell you.

have you checked continuity of the wiring to the ecu to check if there is any unseen damage?

I've managed it and found the connectors so a big win (for me at least), I know the modules are model specific, are the sensors all generic and any will work? Also is the connector behind the bumper obvious?

Just now, xcd said:

I've managed it and found the connectors so a big win (for me at least), I know the modules are model specific, are the sensors all generic and any will work?

I have confirmed that these Chinese works OK. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CJ5T-15K859-FA-PDC-Parking-Sensor-For-2006-2015-Ford-Galaxy-S-Max-2011-15-Focus/32812995285.html?
Which Focus you have? I have still my rear parking module and loom for sale for Focus facelift MK3.5

11 minutes ago, Bannko said:

I have confirmed that these Chinese works OK. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CJ5T-15K859-FA-PDC-Parking-Sensor-For-2006-2015-Ford-Galaxy-S-Max-2011-15-Focus/32812995285.html?
Which Focus you have? I have still my rear parking module and loom for sale for Focus facelift MK3.5

That's half my problem, there seems to be tons of cheap sensors but the wiring doesn't seem to be sold anywhere. Looking on eBay there are a few used ones but all have different model numbers so I'm not sure if they are interchangable. I have a 2011 Mk3 (BT + VC, No Sync) so basically the earliest you can get, which slightly restricts what I can get.

1 hour ago, xcd said:

That's half my problem, there seems to be tons of cheap sensors but the wiring doesn't seem to be sold anywhere. Looking on ebay there are a few used ones but all have different model numbers so I'm not sure if they are interchangable. I have a 2011 Mk3 (BT + VC, No Sync) so basically the earliest you can get, which slightly restricts what I can get.

I should have number for old mk3 loom

On 2/5/2019 at 6:13 PM, mastachaz said:

I should have number for old mk3 loom

Thanks, did you find it out?

50 minutes ago, xcd said:

Thanks, did you find it out?

BV6T-15K868

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for a brilliant guide!

I'm putting a shopping basket together and cant find the parking sensor button for the MK3 pre-facelift ST. Anyone have any advice?
I'm not even sure where it's supposed to tbh, perhaps the dead button next to the esd button? but i have a feeling that might be for the start/stop option.
Any help would be awesome.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club