Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

Bannko

Wow!! so, I've just been in touch with my local Devil Halshaw for ABS sensors.  I knew they'd be a bit more pricey than the £11 + postage I'd found online, but as I'm an impatient sod, I thought for a few quid more I'd pick a couple up tonight.

£115 inc VAT.

I nearly fell off the toilet.

Good idea. Although I used Luke’s data and left it at that and my APIM has been fine. Working how it should. And obviously I’ve only got the rear at the moment. 

What you’ve said about architecture is related to sync 3 not recognising a mk3 module as default. So need to change the architecture to a mk3 set up and this enabled my park pilot display afterwards. Prior to that I didn’t have any visual on the camera just the sound. 

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Wow!! so, I've just been in touch with my local Devil Halshaw for ABS sensors.  I knew they'd be a bit more pricey than the £11 + postage I'd found online, but as I'm an impatient sod, I thought for a few quid more I'd pick a couple up tonight.

£115 inc VAT.

I nearly fell off the toilet.

Slightly cheaper than ford haha

2 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Slightly cheaper than ford haha

No, that's each!!! For a £10 sensor!!!

Anyway, all working nicely apart from auto park.

I can't really see why directional sensors are needed. I'm actually getting no faults at the minute and the parking prompt appears on the screen when I push the button but I've not yet tested it!

Interesting that without the abs sensors things seem ok. 

what was the constant beep issue then, just a configuration issue ? Luke’s data solve this ? Can’t understand why mine hasn’t changed with his data. Ha

Actually I think it was just a dirty sensor. 

What do you mean it hasn't changed? From what? And to what were you expecting?

49 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Actually I think it was just a dirty sensor. 

What do you mean it hasn't changed? From what? And to what were you expecting?

Regarding not having the front sensors and park assist on mine. But Luke has. 

so your all up and running now ? Good stuff. Let me know if it parks it’s self haha

Ah I see. Not sure why that'd be, though if you've not programmed the BCM then that would be why. If you have, but not wired in the front sensors, then park assist wouldn't work anyway.

I've not been brave enough to try it yet! I'm not sure what'll happen without the abs sensors...

Not yet mate no. I made the loom to the engine bay last night. Might have a look at fitting it later today. And testing. Before I pull the bumper off and drill. 

Awesome! Keep us posted. I'll get a guide for what I did together at some point...

4 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Awesome! Keep us posted. I'll get a guide for what I did together at some point...

Fitted the c12 outgoing side this morning. Just waiting on some free time to add my next loom to the engine and crimp on. Hopefully have all the wiring in today and test the sensor loom and sensors. My 2 outer sensors are not arriving till Monday so maybe next weekend I’ll have time to remove the bumper and drill it. My dremmel arrived today so going to try using that. For the rear I used a 22mm hole saw but can’t find it. And they fitted perfect 

You'll find that the SAPP brackets have a flat-topped hole so you can't simply cut a circular hole.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Got the wiring in place. Was just connecting both ends of the loom but was freezing and rapidly losing light. 

what a nightmare the engine harness plug was. Took me ages to get the pins back in and working. 

the wife came out and gave me the ultimatum. 

hope I can finish it off tomorrow ready for the sensors arriving. 

@Phil21185 managed to finish connecting up and tested. Works fine apart from passenger side SAPA sensor. Will have to double check my connections another time. But was happy it all worked. Pushing the auto park button displayed looking for a space. And park pilot showed sensors working in the right place but not the left one. No error just not responding. Upon removing that sensor then throws an error and disables the system so it knows there is one there. 

Well done!!

Your SAPP sensors are new aren't they? Try swapping the two sensors over to see if it's faulty or its your wiring.

15 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Well done!!

Your SAPP sensors are new aren't they? Try swapping the two sensors over to see if it's faulty or its your wiring.

No mate they are just the standard ones that seem to fit. My original ford ones should arrive Monday. So will try them. Didn’t have time to swap the wife gave me a telling off again. But wasn’t any noise coming from it like the others so makes me think I’ve a lose connection As drivers side was fine. Just hope it’s not in the ***** engine bay plug. But happy the complete retro fit has worked out so far. 

Not sure if this is any use to you guys but there is a 2015 Focus with heavy front end damage being broken in Glasgow. Seems to have the park assist on it as it has 6 sensors on the rear, could be useful if you need any bits? Think it has the buttons on the centre console too.

Not for me thanks, I'm good apart from abs sensors and they're cheap enough that it's worth buying new. 

Thanks for sharing though, hopefully someone will find it useful.

It was a good read you guys...glad that you both managed to make it work 🙂 your discussion will be def. useful for others. 

Any chance some of you have SYNC 2 currently in car? 

54 minutes ago, Bannko said:

It was a good read you guys...glad that you both managed to make it work 🙂 your discussion will be def. useful for others. 

Any chance some of you have SYNC 2 currently in car? 

No, already upgraded to sync 3...

@Phil21185 you manage to test out the auto park without the ABS sensors yet ? 

ive managed to find my issue with left sensor. Was a bad connection. So hopefully Sunday I can finally fit the sensors and loom. Tomorrow is going to be raining all day. Damn weather. 

No! I need to go somewhere quiet to test it lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I’ve fitted everything. Just realised I’ve a connection mixed up in the switch. I press auto park and the front sensors show up and press front sensors auto park starts 🤪

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club