Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

Bannko

2 hours ago, gravey11 said:

@Jonro2009 do you already have any of the parking system in place? I only ask as I’ve just found that keeping the part numbers togtger seem to be key.

so my rear only parking module is starts dv4t so I’ve had to get the parking assist module starting with dv4t to make sure it’s compatible (it hasn’t turned up yet so I hope so anyway). My original rear loom starts with dv4t also and I’ve seen ads on eBay for modules with the harness and their part numbers all match. 

not sure if this helps at all but mines a kuga. They do all seem to share the same units but very mk specific. 

Unfortunately I don’t have any form of parking sensors on my ST line and it seems to be a pig of a job to do from scratch, although some may say it’s actually easier 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve had her since she was 6months old and plan to keep her until she is 5 because the wife is demanding she gets a Skoda Karoq for herself, and as it’s always been me that gets the better car I’ve had to give in lol. I opted to fit the reverse camera instead of sensors and that’s has worked just fine for me. I may revisit the sensors in the summer if I’m feeling ambitious! 

What you say about the part numbers having the same code (dv4t) does sound like it makes sense as I know there are a few variations, wether they relate to pre fl/fl I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Fma965 said:

would rather not ask the dealership, find them pretty useless. 

I guess my question is really... I have a facelift ST, assuming i have the wire which i haven't checked yet, are the only things required the sensors, the loom the control unit and the sensor retainers? or is there something else that i'm missing, 

Also do i need 4 or 6, i can only fit reverse as the ST doesn't have front sensors at all

You may find the wire is not there if the car didn’t have sensors as standard to begin with. I know on mine there is absolutely nothing there, the whole loom is missing which means I would have to start at the front with the ‘brains’ of the car and then run wires all the way to the back to connect to a loom complete with sensors. 

I think you are right that if you did have the wire then all you would need is the sensors, brackets, loom, module and Forscan to program it all in.

the other guys are probably (definitely) better placed and more knowledgeable when it comes to a definitive answer though.

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

You may find the wire is not there if the car didn’t have sensors as standard to begin with. I know on mine there is absolutely nothing there, the whole loom is missing which means I would have to start at the front with the ‘brains’ of the car and then run wires all the way to the back to connect to a loom complete with sensors. 

I think you are right that if you did have the wire then all you would need is the sensors, brackets, loom, module and Forscan to program it all in.

the other guys are probably (definitely) better placed and more knowledgeable when it comes to a definitive answer though.

just checked, don't have the wire cba to do the full loom install so nevermind,🙂

Already have a reverse camera anyway just thought it would be cool to have, i'm trying to do all the ST3 extras as retrofits.

image.png.d8877e691a924ee6b0f48aecb79d9690.png

Thought as much [emoji3525]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm looking to continue the wiring from the passenger footwell to the bumper for the Parking Sensors like @Phil21185 on the pre facelift. Would the following wiring loom be suitable? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Core-Screened-Automotive-Cable-Wire-Wiring-Loom-Speed-Sensor-AFM-MAF-MAS/112819257484?hash=item1a448d408c:g:8VMAAOSweLBahw~y

On 12/2/2019 at 9:33 PM, Nathan Buffery said:

I'm looking to continue the wiring from the passenger footwell to the bumper for the Parking Sensors like @Phil21185 on the pre facelift. Would the following wiring loom be suitable? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Core-Screened-Automotive-Cable-Wire-Wiring-Loom-Speed-Sensor-AFM-MAF-MAS/112819257484?hash=item1a448d408c:g:8VMAAOSweLBahw~y

Should be. 

what have you got and not got. Wasn’t fully clear when I’ve looked back. 

do you have the wiring in the front to the passenger foot well then nothing from there ? 

you have the cables for the switch ?

to use a 3.5 module on a 3 you need to activate 360° sensors. 

So @Tommo17 in terms of wiring I need to strip out my glove box and run the wires to the bumper, like Phil did. I am 99.9% sure I do not have the wires for the switch so will have to run these wires as well. I managed to get all the sensors and loom in the right colour and then discovered, if you are retro fitting a pre facelift, you need the grill with the holes either side of the number plate as it has the sensor holders built into it. I could not update the software in my BCM to the Facelift build so I have the pre facelift module (although I am still toying with the idea of getting a facelift BCM and paying for someone with IDS to work the magic). So running the wires, cutting the bumper, soldering whilst upside down and then Forscan magic and I should be ready to let go the steering wheel and tell my daughter I'm a Wizard!!!!

7 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

So @Tommo17 in terms of wiring I need to strip out my glove box and run the wires to the bumper, like Phil did. I am 99.9% sure I do not have the wires for the switch so will have to run these wires as well. I managed to get all the sensors and loom in the right colour and then discovered, if you are retro fitting a pre facelift, you need the grill with the holes either side of the number plate as it has the sensor holders built into it. I could not update the software in my BCM to the Facelift build so I have the pre facelift module (although I am still toying with the idea of getting a facelift BCM and paying for someone with IDS to work the magic). So running the wires, cutting the bumper, soldering whilst upside down and then Forscan magic and I should be ready to let go the steering wheel and tell my daughter I'm a Wizard!!!!

Don’t need to update anything the modules work. 

Yes sounds like your at phils stage I was complete retro fit. 

Not a bad job. Longest bit was cutting the bumper. 

• 1 month later...

Hi! 

Anyone know exactly Park assist Module for Ford Everest 2.0 Diesel  2018?

I searched in amazon, but I only see Module for F150/Focus/Mondeo.

Thanks to @Bannko 's guide and help from @Phil21185 and @Tommo17 I now have automated parking. I actually got it working a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to test it fully. 

I used @Phil21185 guide for the wiring from behind the glove box to the front bumper and @Tommo17 guide for the wires to the switch. I managed to get the bumper loom complete with the sensors and brackets in the right colour for my car and I also installed the fog lights, which I didn't have, at the same time. I also fitted the rear sensors, because I had aftermarket rear sensors on my car. Enabling it in Forscan was relatively easy. I had already retro fitted the sync 2 unit. 

For me, this forum is brilliant for the tips, tricks and guides which, without, I wouldn't have the confidence to tackle these modifications and upgrades. The fact that comments like, "Take it to the experts mate" is very rarely seen on this forum (unlike others) is great. Thanks again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree mate. Brilliant site with a good level of help and guides 2nd to none. Glad you got it all working. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, help please, I have just fitted the ford “factory “ rear bumper & sensors along with “PDC” module in my boot on my focus mk3 the wiring loom was already there by luck , I get a single tone when putting it in to reverse but nothing else. My problem is I have phoned around local ford main dealers to get the software upgrade / have it activated but they either have not got a clue what I’m on about or they refuse to do it because they have not fitted the equipment, can anyone help / come up with any other ideas ? I’m more than happy to pay for this to be done ( Essex area), thank you.

1 hour ago, Steve1966 said:

Hello, help please, I have just fitted the ford “factory “ rear bumper & sensors along with “PDC” module in my boot on my focus mk3 the wiring loom was already there by luck , I get a single tone when putting it in to reverse but nothing else. My problem is I have phoned around local ford main dealers to get the software upgrade / have it activated but they either have not got a clue what I’m on about or they refuse to do it because they have not fitted the equipment, can anyone help / come up with any other ideas ? I’m more than happy to pay for this to be done ( Essex area), thank you.

You have activated the rear sensors in FoCCCus haven’t you ?

also did you get the correct module ? 

Thanks for your reply Tommy 17, the pdc module I fitted has the part code BM5T-15K866-AN, and I’m afraid you’ve lost me when you ask have I activated the rear sensors in FoCCCus , do I suppose my answer to that is no , could you please enlighten me ? , thank you.

The car needs to be programmed to recognise the sensors. The 'how to activate' section in the first post of the guide details how to do it.

You will need an ELM327 cable and the focccus software to do it.

Until it's activated in the central config of the car they won't work.

Once again thanks for your help , how do I get the focccus software,I thought this was a main dealer only type thing ?

Focccus can be downloaded from http://ford.xtlt.ru/FoCCCus/FoCCCus_0.8.6.zip

Would be a good idea to download Forscan at the same time as it can read fault codes and clear them etc.  https://forscan.org/download.html

Cable wise, Tunnelrat seems to be the most recommended one. I myself got a cable from eBay and works fine.

What area of Essex are you located?

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice, I’m in the Basildon area, but I’m more of a nuts & bolts person than computers when it comes to tinkering with cars if you what I mean !

Yea all info you need is here. You can’t just plug modules in and expect the car to use them. You need to use focccus software and tell the car they are there. Soon as you’ve done that your rear parking sensors will work. 

21 hours ago, Steve1966 said:

Thanks for your advice, I’m in the Basildon area, but I’m more of a nuts & bolts person than computers when it comes to tinkering with cars if you what I mean !

I'm not sure yet but I may be passing Basildon on my way back from upminster Sunday evening. If you haven't got them sorted by then and I am passing by, I'm happy to swing by and activate it for you.

• Like 1

Ok mate that would be great , I will sort you out I don’t expect it to be done for nothing, how do I get your number so your personal details do not appear on line?, regards.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:33 PM, Steve1966 said:

Ok mate that would be great , I will sort you out I don’t expect it to be done for nothing, how do I get your number so your personal details do not appear on line?, regards.

I've sent you a private message. 

Just want to update, thanks to Bannko for his concise description on how to retrofit focus oem Reversing sensors on a mk 3 Focus, all finished and working fine now,would like to mention that in some of the postings I read on this forum some people were unsure as  to what pdc module to use ( in the boot ) I used a BM5T- 15K866-AN  and my Focus is one of the last mk3 ( registered) on a 64 plate .Everything works as it should with the changing tone & the image on the screen I hope this helps.

Last of all and my biggest thank you has to go to jlawes20389 who went out of his way to help me so much with the focccus software part , as I posted earlier laptops and  OBD ports are not really my thing !, once again thank you.

• Thanks 1

I have a 65 plate focus but I don't have any of the connectors in the back. I've read a few people mentioning retro fitting a new loom, is that a easy job and where would I get the loom?

20200217_192539.jpg

Is that photo of the L/H side or R/H as you look in the boot ? it looks like L/H to me , if this is so you need to look on the other side, there’s also a multi plug hanging down on the underside of the car behind the o/s/r wheel this will also give you a clue . Hope this helps.