Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

Bannko

The parking module uses all three connectors. Can't see by your picture if all three are there, but there is normally 2 yellow and 1 Black. 

Some people have only found 2 connectors, 1 yellow and 1 Black.  Which will just be the rear sensors. 

11 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

The parking module uses all three connectors. Can't see by your picture if all three are there, but there is normally 2 yellow and 1 Black. 

Some people have only found 2 connectors, 1 yellow and 1 Black.  Which will just be the rear sensors. 

Thanks Nathan. 1 yellow and 1 black is what I have. Time to do some eBaying. 

Hi @Andrew_h.

If you look on page 3 of this Thread you will see that @Tommo17 had the same set up as you and had to run extra cables back to the module. 

You are sure there is just one yellow? I ask because sometimes the connections are pretty well tapped up in the loom and not always obvious.

What set up are you looking for? If you are going for the full parking assist with the front sensors you will also need some sort of display in the car. I have retro fitted the sync 2 so I get the graphics from the sensors and the parking assist. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 8:52 AM, Andrew_h said:

Thanks Nathan. 1 yellow and 1 black is what I have. Time to do some eBaying. 

Yea I only had 2. But went on to fit the front. All explained in this thread 

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

Hi

I would like to install the rear parking aid (4 sensors) on my Focus MK3.5 with SYNC 3

I have correctly programmed the BCM but I cannot program APIM

Can you help me?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

right then, having spent HOURS reading this thread it seems to cover just the mk3 pfl

i've got a mk3.5 2018 titanium with 4 factory rear sensors with the graphic display, hill start, stop start and whatever else it might have

so far i've got to the pint that i've got to:

remove one side of the rear boot panel to look for this parking module, potentially with 3 plugs floating about somewhere

look under the rear bumper for these extra two plugs that things plug into (possibly the blis stuff rather than the extra 2 sensors)

remove a headlight to look for the plug for the front loom

plug stuff in and then get a 3 year old to do some computery stuff

what i don't seem to have figured out is which loom i'm supposed to be looking for, all the mk3 stuff is supposed to be interchangeable but then there are people saying things don't work

i'm wanting to do everything together (reversing camera as i've got the plug for it but no camera or loom, powerfolding mirrors but still unsure if i would need to upgrade the units again if i wanted to get the blis sorted out etc) so that i'm not one of those people who's mrs starts giving them the evil stink eye

i'm perfectly happy to do spannering etc but when it comes to wiring and all these new fangled things with computers i'm way way out of my comfort zone

if the above is all good for the basics then a list of things that i'd need would be excellent, i've looked online for loads of stuff that is plug and play but it's VERY VERY expensive, i mean REALLY REALLY expensive and then i've found the same stuff for a fraction of the price but it's always sold out or bits are missing etc

thanks

Can anyone give a quick indication how much it costs for this. 

I have 2013 Titanium with city pack, rear sensors only.

15 hours ago, DaSingh said:

Can anyone give a quick indication how much it costs for this. 

I have 2013 Titanium with city pack, rear sensors only.

i think it really depends on if you get lucky with the eBay parts bin, there are LOADS to choose from and i've been bitten by looking at stuff and thinking "it's too expensive" and then never finding it again and buying stuff because i've seen it and then finding the same thing for a quarter of the price in better condition 2 days later

although i did recently find a parking button for half the price others were selling them for and a heated seat panel for literally peanuts so there are bargains out there

I'm half tempted to just stick with the rear sensors but upgrade the PAM to MK3.5 and the upgrade my IPC. 

On 10/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Phil21185 said:

Stick with ford!! 

Centre sensors:

20191006_101847.thumb.jpg.b45be8820ecb752347191b47af2a605b.jpg

Middle sensors:

20191006_101907.thumb.jpg.1896fda8c46856cea8899c82aacf2788.jpg

Outer sensors:

20191006_101933.thumb.jpg.117500b3d7797b5bf8337e4d14a7b25e.jpg20191006_101937.thumb.jpg.6d592941ae4ac0956e16d6c035d17dbf.jpg20191006_101953.thumb.jpg.4db567b3add6be18ef7329b1282c1f81.jpg

definitely different. Different part number. 

can anyone confirm that i can use different part numbers as long as the dB numbers are the same please?
thanks

i've not got to the point where i can figure out what i need to get for things to work (but i still haven't figured out how to remove the passenger headlight to search for the plug to plug the sensors int, if it's there at all in the first place so....)

which of these looms do i need to get please?

BV6T-15K867 AAG EEU0-E-12587845-000

OR

EM5T-15L867 AAA EEU0-E-12630639-000

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just purchased a Focus MK3 Titanium Navigator late 2014.

It came with the 4 rear parking sensors but not the fronts. I am glad I found this thread as I got the car fairly cheap so my first question was can I fit front sensors. Parking assist would have been nice. 

Anyway, now I have found this thread and read through it all, I have purchased some of the bits I need and checked what I do or don't have. 

I only have 1 x yellow and 1 x black in the rear so the wiring is not there for the fronts. Also, I don't have the wiring in place for the switches so I have a bit more work to do. 

I have managed to buy the correct PAM module and have purchased the correct switch bank for the dash (I currently just have the start stop off button there). I have also got the ABS sensors and the correct front grille with the parking sensor holes. 

I am happy doing wiring and have done loads in the past on other cars but I am stuck on one thing. The connector that goes to the dash switches obviously does not have the wiring in. Are there pins available anywhere so I can add the 4 wires I am missing. Failing that, does anyone have that connector with a pigtail of all the wires (2 x parking buttons and the start/stop off button)? I can solder the wires on to the pigtails. Or is there any other solution. I have pigtails and the connectors for the PAM module. 

I just need to purchase the front bumper loom and front sensors and support brackets. 

Much appreciate any help you can give. 

Hi

There is a wealth of information on this thread and it has given me the urge to try to retrofit front parking sensors and also enable park assist

However as I have a focus ST3 mk3.5 there seems to be a consensus that there are no possible mounting locations on the bumper to do this

just interested to know if anyone has tried to fit front sensors to an ST?

thanks all

On 12/27/2020 at 6:34 PM, Steevo25 said:

Hi All,

Just purchased a Focus MK3 Titanium Navigator late 2014.

It came with the 4 rear parking sensors but not the fronts. I am glad I found this thread as I got the car fairly cheap so my first question was can I fit front sensors. Parking assist would have been nice. 

Anyway, now I have found this thread and read through it all, I have purchased some of the bits I need and checked what I do or don't have. 

I only have 1 x yellow and 1 x black in the rear so the wiring is not there for the fronts. Also, I don't have the wiring in place for the switches so I have a bit more work to do. 

I have managed to buy the correct PAM module and have purchased the correct switch bank for the dash (I currently just have the start stop off button there). I have also got the ABS sensors and the correct front grille with the parking sensor holes. 

I am happy doing wiring and have done loads in the past on other cars but I am stuck on one thing. The connector that goes to the dash switches obviously does not have the wiring in. Are there pins available anywhere so I can add the 4 wires I am missing. Failing that, does anyone have that connector with a pigtail of all the wires (2 x parking buttons and the start/stop off button)? I can solder the wires on to the pigtails. Or is there any other solution. I have pigtails and the connectors for the PAM module. 

I just need to purchase the front bumper loom and front sensors and support brackets. 

Much appreciate any help you can give. 

Hi,you can route the missing wires directly from the trunk where the new pam module is located 4 wires go to the two buttons bank,pam module first connector pin 13 goes to 7,4 to3,9 to3 and 16 to 2 than 8 wires from 2nd to the bumper loom with the 6 sensors added( you can modify the connector between the OEM loom plug and the one you will make to fit together as i did.

the mk3 and the mk3.5 seem to have different wiring looms for some things (powerfold mirrors for example) while others are the same (front sensor loom for example)

i know i've got the plug for the rear camera, the grey one without the fakra connector, but trying to source a genuine loom for it has proved impossible in a month of trying

having suffered from covid and spending the last 3 weeks in bed has meant that i've looked EVERYWHERE for parts and they are the only things i can't source

the mk8 fiesta uses the same rear camera though and handle but even that i had to stop and think about before spending £165 on a damaged example

you can buy the handle without camera for about £25 from amazon and then buy the camera kit to splice into the standard wiring separately but i'm not brave enough to do that just yet

On 1/3/2021 at 6:21 PM, Ghano said:

Hi,you can route the missing wires directly from the trunk where the new pam module is located 4 wires go to the two buttons bank,pam module first connector pin 13 goes to 7,4 to3,9 to3 and 16 to 2 than 8 wires from 2nd to the bumper loom with the 6 sensors added( you can modify the connector between the OEM loom plug and the one you will make to fit together as i did.

Many thanks for that, the pinout will be very useful. The problem I have is that the actual button only has 4 wires in it currently. Although I can easily run the 4 wires from the PAM module, I would have nothing to connect them to at the switch connector. The connector only has 4 pins in it so to add more wires I would need additional pins to add to the connector. Are these pins available to buy anywhere?

I have purchased a new switch which contains the front parking sensor and park assist switch and uses the same connector as the current switch. But obviously I need to find some way of adding the 4 additional wires to the connector. 

Edited by Steevo25

21 hours ago, Steevo25 said:

Many thanks for that, the pinout will be very useful. The problem I have is that the actual button only has 4 wires in it currently. Although I can easily run the 4 wires from the PAM module, I would have nothing to connect them to at the switch connector. The connector only has 4 pins in it so to add more wires I would need additional pins to add to the connector. Are these pins available to buy anywhere?

I have purchased a new switch which contains the front parking sensor and park assist switch and uses the same connector as the current switch. But obviously I need to find some way of adding the 4 additional wires to the connector. 

In my case i only had left side two buttons for front and rear windscreen defrost(left side drive) and i added the right block with four buttons(the two we need +trunk opening button and start & stop modified for closing the tailgate)there’s many blocks with different buttons you can choose one with the tow buttons you need if others ones are there you simply don’t use them,you can make your own test the pinout i gave you is for the block of buttons i used it may change if you use a different one for the wiring i simply use 12 electric 22 awg 5 meters  wires with Tesa tape and appropriate connector for the buttons for the PAM you need just the 8 pins to add into the connector,i bought all on her https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/32960222107.html?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

This guide is amazing!    Is anyone able to help me, I want to go ahead and have the full auto parking setup I don't currently have any parking sensors on the car but I do have the full wiring going to the boot.  here are some of my questions I have.

i have a 2011 focus 1.6 tdci estate titanium with fog lights

What sensor loom do I need for the front?   I'm find these are hard to find  

What sensor brackets would I need for the front and back as all the ones I have found online done have any with the looms?

Any help would be very appreciated.

21 hours ago, trebor4482 said:

Hi guys,

This guide is amazing!    Is anyone able to help me, I want to go ahead and have the full auto parking setup I don't currently have any parking sensors on the car but I do have the full wiring going to the boot.  here are some of my questions I have.

i have a 2011 focus 1.6 tdci estate titanium with fog lights

What sensor loom do I need for the front?   I'm find these are hard to find  

What sensor brackets would I need for the front and back as all the ones I have found online done have any with the looms?

Any help would be very appreciated.

in my experience, you can use any loom for the front sensors

i bought 2 from different years and they were the same, even though the loom numbers were different

they were both broken so i made one out of 2 as they were cheap enough, but don't get the fiesta version as it won't fit

you also have to remember that if you get the loom you need to get at least 2 different sensors and 2 different fitting kits, the centre ones and the ones under the headlights seem to be the same but the outer ones are not only different lengths but also different sensors, 29db as opposed to the central 4 that are 36db

it also has the fog light loom built in so look at the plug that sits under the passenger headlight to see how many wires it's got in it, this is where i've fallen down as the headlight is screwed in because it's got a snapped lug and i got covid 5 weeks ago and i've not been out the house since to do any further investigating

1 hour ago, Dojj said:

in my experience, you can use any loom for the front sensors

i bought 2 from different years and they were the same, even though the loom numbers were different

they were both broken so i made one out of 2 as they were cheap enough, but don't get the fiesta version as it won't fit

you also have to remember that if you get the loom you need to get at least 2 different sensors and 2 different fitting kits, the centre ones and the ones under the headlights seem to be the same but the outer ones are not only different lengths but also different sensors, 29db as opposed to the central 4 that are 36db

it also has the fog light loom built in so look at the plug that sits under the passenger headlight to see how many wires it's got in it, this is where i've fallen down as the headlight is screwed in because it's got a snapped lug and i got covid 5 weeks ago and i've not been out the house since to do any further investigating

That's brilliant thanks!   

The front sensors had me very confused today working that bit out but thanks to you I understand it now.   

So with the outer sensors they are a different length,  do you know where I might find the right length ones with the correct 29db from or would it be something I would have to get from ford them self's?

with the plug for the front loom am I checking for how many wires it has on the main car side of things if so do you know how many there needs to be? 

Many thanks for you help.     

18 hours ago, trebor4482 said:

from what I can see it looks like I'm out of the game on the car side of the harness sadly

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry to bump an old thread, I have all the plugs, i am just trying to source the correct wiring looms?

on the back, I have this KV module, that’s plugged into the loom.. so I need a loom with this KV module plug and the parking sensors?

can someone help?

thanks

17 hours ago, chrissyboyyy said:

Hi,

sorry to bump an old thread, I have all the plugs, i am just trying to source the correct wiring looms?

on the back, I have this KV module, that’s plugged into the loom.. so I need a loom with this KV module plug and the parking sensors?

can someone help?

thanks

KV module?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club