Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

Bannko

If you are not getting a 'Parking aid malfunction' message come up on the display when you start the car, then there will be no need to change it. 

No idea why you are not getting as AsBuilt. My one is F1ET-15K866-BJ but I originally tried F1ET-15K866-AH (rear only) and got an AsBuilt with both. I do use UCDS but did use Forscan. 

You may have an early MK3.5 PAM which had 4 sensors. Perhaps those ones don't have AsBuilt but are set to 4 sensors only. 

If you are not getting a 'Parking aid malfunction' message come up on the display when you start the car, then there will be no need to change it. 

No idea why you are not getting as AsBuilt. My one is F1ET-15K866-BJ but I originally tried F1ET-15K866-AH (rear only) and got an AsBuilt with both. I do use UCDS but did use Forscan. 

You may have an early MK3.5 PAM which had 4 sensors. Perhaps those ones don't have AsBuilt but are set to 4 sensors only. 

Noticed dimming wasn't working too... Got bit side tracked and updating the ipc theme.

For life of me can't get rear parking sensors to work.

Here are polling result from ucds for PAM

Module Name: PAM
F108 - ECU Network Signal Calibration Number :	
F10A - ECU Cal-Config Part Number :	F1ET-14C647-AFG
F110 - On-line Diagnostic Database Reference Number :	DS-FU5T-15K866-CH
F111 - ECU Core Assembly Number :	F1ET-14F159-AB
F113 - ECU Delivery Assembly Number :	F1ET-15K866-AG
F124 - ECU Calibration Data #1 Number :	
F162 - Software Download Specification Version :	
F163 - Diagnostic Specification Version :	0x03
F188 - Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Software Number :	F1ET-14C090-AF
F18C - ECU Serial Number :	153310427300

2 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

No display? No beeping?

Nope, just moved to laptop so should be able to stop duplicate posts and upload screenshots.

Looks like I might have buggered my IPC got blank screen so will try re-flashing before I fix parking sensors now

1 hour ago, Steevo25 said:

Have you tried with the car moving?

Just tested again, get rear sensors showing on SYNC3 screen but no sounds or anything on instrument cluster

Also created a new profile on forscan and pam as built showing

image.thumb.png.f1f4d9246d8cbe1cfd6baf0c313e9526.png

Just running firmware update on PAM module to see if that makes any difference

Strange, I saw someone else had that same issue after upgrading IPC and PAM. The only common thing between you and them is that both of you upgraded the software on a MK3 IPC to make it a MK3.5 rather than replacing the IPC with a MK3.5 one. 

I replaced my IPC in case I needed to go back. I was under the impression that hardware wise, the MK3 and MK3.5 IPC were the same. Either there is a difference or it's to do with the BCM. 

Mine worked straight out of the box. I have 12 sensors on a 2014 car so had to go for the full park assist PAM. I did upgrade the firmware on my PAM, IPC and APIM to the latest versions.

Finished updating firmware, did pam reset but no joy, that's enough for today.

Also checked central config and set parking assist to not configured as I only have the 4 rear sensors.

Parking assist in CCC needs to be set to 'rear only'. 

Parking assist does not signify the semi automatic parking. It deals with parking sensors as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

Parking assist in CCC needs to be set to 'rear only'. 

Parking assist does not signify the semi automatic parking. It deals with parking sensors as well. 

Right back in 5mins

Assuming its 02 - Parking assistance

image.png.42d3513fa744e0eb3aede4a5e3c8dbb6.png

no joy, will create a separate thread

Also now got headlight malfunction, tmps, Hill start and hamdbreak light not turning off 🤪

right then, i have a few questions which maybe the local experts will be able to help with before i start taking bumpers off 🙂

i have 3 different front looms, 2 with one number and another with another, which one can i use with my car for the retro fit please?

No photo description available.

and this is the rear loom part number from an earlier car, so what part number do i need for the 6 sensor loom (i'd want the BLIS sensors on there too if anyone can help me out)

No photo description available.

Thanks all

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to say which loom is going to fit your car using those manufacturing codes. They are manufacturing codes and not part numbers as such. Part numbers for Ford are called finis codes and are purely numeric. I have never found a catalogue anywhere that shows the manufacturing codes. 

The only section that stands out are the middle codes (15K867 and 15K868) which denotes front/rear bumper loom.

The rest of the codes relate to production year and revisions. I am sure there is something somewhere that lists them all but I have never found it. 

Even 1 number different COULD mean it won't fit your car without modification as, in many cases, it has to match what is on your car. 

On mine, for example, the front bumper loom I got had the right part number but when I went to fit it, the spot light wires were in a different place. 

You also have to be careful when fitting a six sensor loom on a MK3 as they never existed on a MK3 and only started on a MK3.5. I fitted a MK3.5 6 sensor rear loom on my MK3 and I had to move some wires. Mine had the keyless entry antenna so I would not have had enough pins left for BLIS. The MK3.5 with BLIS has a completely different plug with 16 pins instead of 12 (or at least the ones I have seen did).

The basic front and rear bumper looms should fit but may need slight modification depending on the looms you already have in your car so the only way you are really going to know is to look.

If you are thinking of fitting BLIS, it's not an easy job and will be very expensive. Not only do you need the radar units and brackets (which are expensive items even second hand), you are also going to have to replace or change a lot of other wiring in the doors. The DDM and PDM will need to be programmed and that's assuming they are capable. If not they will need a firmware upgrade or possible replacement. The mirrors will need replacement or modification. The BCM could need a firmware upgrade or replacement. 

I looked in to adding BLIS and although on paper it looked ok, in reality it was not feasible to do. I calculated that if I did it to my car (a 2014 Titanium). I wouldn't have got much change from £700.

It has been done on an F150 and I believe a Mondeo as well. But as with a lot of mods, you have to have deep pockets and really want it and want it on that car. It's a lot of money, risk and work for very little benefit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to say which loom is going to fit your car using those manufacturing codes. They are manufacturing codes and not part numbers as such. Part numbers for Ford are called finis codes and are purely numeric. I have never found a catalogue anywhere that shows the manufacturing codes. 

The only section that stands out are the middle codes (15K867 and 15K868) which denotes front/rear bumper loom.

The rest of the codes relate to production year and revisions. I am sure there is something somewhere that lists them all but I have never found it. 

Even 1 number different COULD mean it won't fit your car without modification as, in many cases, it has to match what is on your car. 

On mine, for example, the front bumper loom I got had the right part number but when I went to fit it, the spot light wires were in a different place. 

You also have to be careful when fitting a six sensor loom on a MK3 as they never existed on a MK3 and only started on a MK3.5. I fitted a MK3.5 6 sensor rear loom on my MK3 and I had to move some wires. Mine had the keyless entry antenna so I would not have had enough pins left for BLIS. The MK3.5 with BLIS has a completely different plug with 16 pins instead of 12 (or at least the ones I have seen did).

The basic front and rear bumper looms should fit but may need slight modification depending on the looms you already have in your car so the only way you are really going to know is to look.

If you are thinking of fitting BLIS, it's not an easy job and will be very expensive. Not only do you need the radar units and brackets (which are expensive items even second hand), you are also going to have to replace or change a lot of other wiring in the doors. The DDM and PDM will need to be programmed and that's assuming they are capable. If not they will need a firmware upgrade or possible replacement. The mirrors will need replacement or modification. The BCM could need a firmware upgrade or replacement. 

I looked in to adding BLIS and although on paper it looked ok, in reality it was not feasible to do. I calculated that if I did it to my car (a 2014 Titanium). I wouldn't have got much change from £700.

It has been done on an F150 and I believe a Mondeo as well. But as with a lot of mods, you have to have deep pockets and really want it and want it on that car. It's a lot of money, risk and work for very little benefit. 

i've got the blis mirrors and the brackets and sensors (i simply wanted some powerfolds and they arrived so i wasn't arguing 🙂) but if i was going to pull the bumpers i would want to fit stuff in one go rather than have it on and off multiple times

it's a mk3.5 so it's got all the wires in the mirrors (12 and 10? can't remember) in the mirrors, but if it's going to be a proper mission then i'll just stick to holding out for the 6 loom rear loom and then go from there

still got to find out how to turn on the powerfolds and puddle lights though, i'll use a seperate post for that though

thanks for the help so far 🙂

Ah right, I thought you had a MK3. The power folds, puddle lamps etc are set in the CCC and also the DDM and PDM.

I use UCDS so don't know the hex codes for Forscan. There is a spreadsheet on the F150 forum that has all the hex codes for the DDM and PDM.

• Like 1

What exactly can I do to get Rear Sensors visualisation on either my IP screen or my Sync3 upgrade? Have tried using AsBuilt APIM data from a 2017 Focus MK3 with largely the same features, also tried playing around with some of the programming in Forscan using another forum but still nothing.

Also since I installed my Sync3 FoCCCus won't work.... it launches saying "Error reading XML" and when trying to read from IPC or BCM I get an error "Couldn't read from second bootloader".

Also getting a bunch of DTC messages in Forscan for a bunch of things (wasn't there before)

My guess if FoCCCus doesn't work on newer cars so won't work with the Sync3 upgrade?

I have fully working functionality, just no visual aid for the 4 rear sensors that I retrofitted, only chimes when in reverse and makes any audio quieter. Everything else works beautifully (every now and then I get a "Navigation is not working properly, please get it serviced" but after a few seconds the nav works fine.

If anyone can give me any help showing rear sensors on any screen please reply 🙂

Ok, a number of things here. 

If you have a 2014 car (as per your profile), then you have a MK3. The AsBuilt you copied is from is a MK3.5 (as all Sync3 will be).

MK3.5 has a different PDC architecture to the MK3 so needs to be changed in the APIM along with a few other things. 

7DO-04-02 **XX

The XX should be 01 for just rear sensors.

7D0-01-01 *X**

The X should be B for PDC and Reversing Camera or 9 for just rear sensors. 

7D0-02-02 **** X***

Above needs to be checked as PDC architecture needs to be C1MCA. Look at the list below and see what it is currently set to, then choose the option that is identical but C1MCA. 

0=DS off, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

1=DS off, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

2=DS off, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not present

3=DS off, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU present

4=DS off, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

5=DS off, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

6=DS off, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not present

7=DS off, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU present

8=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

9=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

A=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not present

B=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU present

C=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

D=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

E=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not present

F=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU present

Enable the Flank Guard

7D0-02-02 *3** **** ****

If you attempted to use FoCCCus to read the BCM, it will generate loads of DTCs. This is because when reading the BCM, it temporarily disconnects so all other modules in the car complain by throwing a DTC. Clear all the DTCs and then see if any remain. 

FoCCCus does work perfectly well on a 2014 car with Sync3. It sounds like FoCCCus has got corrupted somehow. Try uninstalling and then re-installing. 

My guess is that you are using one of the cheap Chinese GPS antennas that you have installed under the dash for your Sync3. This is the reason you are getting the delayed navigation sometimes. You will probably find there is a GPS DTC on the APIM as well. Many of the cheap GPS do not present the correct resistance to the APIM so it complains. Unfortunately it's luck of the draw on those GPS antennas. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, a number of things here. 

If you have a 2014 car (as per your profile), then you have a MK3. The AsBuilt you copied is from is a MK3.5 (as all Sync3 will be).

MK3.5 has a different PDC architecture to the MK3 so needs to be changed in the APIM along with a few other things. 

7DO-04-02 **XX

The XX should be 01 for just rear sensors.

7D0-01-01 *X**

The X should be B for PDC and Reversing Camera or 9 for just rear sensors. 

7D0-02-02 **** X***

Above needs to be checked as PDC architecture needs to be C1MCA. Look at the list below and see what it is currently set to, then choose the option that is identical but C1MCA. 

0=DS off, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

1=DS off, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

2=DS off, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not present

3=DS off, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU present

4=DS off, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

5=DS off, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

6=DS off, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not present

7=DS off, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU present

8=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

9=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

A=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not present

B=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU present

C=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

D=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

E=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not present

F=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU present

Enable the Flank Guard

7D0-02-02 *3** **** ****

If you attempted to use FoCCCus to read the BCM, it will generate loads of DTCs. This is because when reading the BCM, it temporarily disconnects so all other modules in the car complain by throwing a DTC. Clear all the DTCs and then see if any remain. 

FoCCCus does work perfectly well on a 2014 car with Sync3. It sounds like FoCCCus has got corrupted somehow. Try uninstalling and then re-installing. 

My guess is that you are using one of the cheap Chinese GPS antennas that you have installed under the dash for your Sync3. This is the reason you are getting the delayed navigation sometimes. You will probably find there is a GPS DTC on the APIM as well. Many of the cheap GPS do not present the correct resistance to the APIM so it complains. Unfortunately it's luck of the draw on those GPS antennas. 

• Thanks 1

I forgot to mention that you will also need to enable parking assistance in the central car configuration (CCC on the BCM). If FoCCCus doesn't work you can use Forscan. Just go in to the CCC configuration and read it then look for an option that says parking assistance. Change this to rear only. Then write that back to the BCM and also write to backup (IPC).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steevo25 said:

I forgot to mention that you will also need to enable parking assistance in the central car configuration (CCC on the BCM). If FoCCCus doesn't work you can use Forscan. Just go in to the CCC configuration and read it then look for an option that says parking assistance. Change this to rear only. Then write that back to the BCM and also write to backup (IPC).

This forum is legendary! Thank you so much! I had done everything except the CIMCA thing, works beautifully. I'll reread this when fitting my reverse camera in a couple months. Thanks a lot bro 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club