Bannko

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

The parking module uses all three connectors. Can't see by your picture if all three are there, but there is normally 2 yellow and 1 Black. 

Some people have only found 2 connectors, 1 yellow and 1 Black.  Which will just be the rear sensors. 

11 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

The parking module uses all three connectors. Can't see by your picture if all three are there, but there is normally 2 yellow and 1 Black. 

Some people have only found 2 connectors, 1 yellow and 1 Black.  Which will just be the rear sensors. 

Thanks Nathan. 1 yellow and 1 black is what I have. Time to do some eBaying. 

Hi @Andrew_h.

If you look on page 3 of this Thread you will see that @Tommo17 had the same set up as you and had to run extra cables back to the module. 

You are sure there is just one yellow? I ask because sometimes the connections are pretty well tapped up in the loom and not always obvious.

What set up are you looking for? If you are going for the full parking assist with the front sensors you will also need some sort of display in the car. I have retro fitted the sync 2 so I get the graphics from the sensors and the parking assist. 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:52 AM, Andrew_h said:

Thanks Nathan. 1 yellow and 1 black is what I have. Time to do some eBaying. 

Yea I only had 2. But went on to fit the front. All explained in this thread 

Another amateur guide.....

Hi

I would like to install the rear parking aid (4 sensors) on my Focus MK3.5 with SYNC 3

I have correctly programmed the BCM but I cannot program APIM

Can you help me?

Thank you

right then, having spent HOURS reading this thread it seems to cover just the mk3 pfl

i've got a mk3.5 2018 titanium with 4 factory rear sensors with the graphic display, hill start, stop start and whatever else it might have

so far i've got to the pint that i've got to:

remove one side of the rear boot panel to look for this parking module, potentially with 3 plugs floating about somewhere

look under the rear bumper for these extra two plugs that things plug into (possibly the blis stuff rather than the extra 2 sensors)

remove a headlight to look for the plug for the front loom

plug stuff in and then get a 3 year old to do some computery stuff

what i don't seem to have figured out is which loom i'm supposed to be looking for, all the mk3 stuff is supposed to be interchangeable but then there are people saying things don't work

i'm wanting to do everything together (reversing camera as i've got the plug for it but no camera or loom, powerfolding mirrors but still unsure if i would need to upgrade the units again if i wanted to get the blis sorted out etc) so that i'm not one of those people who's mrs starts giving them the evil stink eye

i'm perfectly happy to do spannering etc but when it comes to wiring and all these new fangled things with computers i'm way way out of my comfort zone

if the above is all good for the basics then a list of things that i'd need would be excellent, i've looked online for loads of stuff that is plug and play but it's VERY VERY expensive, i mean REALLY REALLY expensive and then i've found the same stuff for a fraction of the price but it's always sold out or bits are missing etc

thanks

Can anyone give a quick indication how much it costs for this. 

I have 2013 Titanium with city pack, rear sensors only.

15 hours ago, DaSingh said:

Can anyone give a quick indication how much it costs for this. 

I have 2013 Titanium with city pack, rear sensors only.

i think it really depends on if you get lucky with the ebay parts bin, there are LOADS to choose from and i've been bitten by looking at stuff and thinking "it's too expensive" and then never finding it again and buying stuff because i've seen it and then finding the same thing for a quarter of the price in better condition 2 days later

although i did recently find a parking button for half the price others were selling them for and a heated seat panel for literally peanuts so there are bargains out there

I'm half tempted to just stick with the rear sensors but upgrade the PAM to MK3.5 and the upgrade my IPC. 

On 10/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Phil21185 said:

Stick with ford!! 

Centre sensors:

20191006_101847.thumb.jpg.b45be8820ecb752347191b47af2a605b.jpg

Middle sensors:

20191006_101907.thumb.jpg.1896fda8c46856cea8899c82aacf2788.jpg

Outer sensors:

20191006_101933.thumb.jpg.117500b3d7797b5bf8337e4d14a7b25e.jpg20191006_101937.thumb.jpg.6d592941ae4ac0956e16d6c035d17dbf.jpg20191006_101953.thumb.jpg.4db567b3add6be18ef7329b1282c1f81.jpg

definitely different. Different part number. 

can anyone confirm that i can use different part numbers as long as the dB numbers are the same please?
thanks

i've not got to the point where i can figure out what i need to get for things to work (but i still haven't figured out how to remove the passenger headlight to search for the plug to plug the sensors int, if it's there at all in the first place so....)

which of these looms do i need to get please?

BV6T-15K867 AAG EEU0-E-12587845-000

OR

EM5T-15L867 AAA EEU0-E-12630639-000

thanks