Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Popping/ audio crackle after engine off but car not locked

Abbadon

Car: Focus ST3 TDCi 2018

Problem: When I turn off the engine, but before getting out of the car, after a few seconds there is a click/ crack,  from the audio. Really harsh and loud, like when a connection is made with equipment switched on. It then happens every minute or so. I dont know how long it goes on, i've never sat there long enough to find out, or I have  turned the radio back on or driving of somewhere.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour or similar crack/pop from the audio after engine off?

I have the 10 speaker setup, sony branded tweeters in front etc, if thats any help?

Andy

I don't recall seeing anyone on here complaining about something similar.

On a car that new I'd be taking it straight back to the dealer to fix, with the caveat that if you can't make it do it on demand then record some video of it doing it as proof.

My 2017 st line does that too. No idea what it is, I noticed it one day when I was waiting for the wife. I have a standard sync 3 setup. It sounds like when you plug an AUX lead in doesn’t it, almost like a ‘pop’ as if the speaker has actually blown. I’ve not done anything about it other than get out the car before it has time to do it and upset me lol. Sorry that’s no help to you really 

• Thanks 1

This sounds exactly like mine, I have Sync 3, with Nav and 10 speaker setup, is this same as yours?

Im pretty sure it happens consistently and repeatably.

Ill have to drop in to my local dealer, as the purchase one is about 1hr away.

Anyone else?

Sure mine has done that too. 17 titanium.

Car does do a lot of things before the ecu shuts down mind you, so plenty strange noises

Mine has sync3 and nav, not sure how many Speakers it has though. 

As above, I’m pretty sure it stops when the ECU shuts down 

How do you get 10 Speakers?  I've been looking at the Mk3.5s so far and seen that the Titanium only comes with 6!?  I guess it's possible that's a typo, but I'm sure it was 8 in the mk2.5 and 9 in the Mk3.

If you sit in the car long enough after shutting the engine off, you might notice the needles jump as well, I've seen people post about that a few times, just seems to be self tests and shut downs of various modules rather than a fault.

I've seen that too Tom with needles.

I’ve seen the needles move too, makes an odd little noise too. Sounds a bit like the old ‘ticker’ when you rewind a cassette tape and it reaches ‘000’

The crack is pretty harsh and has already been noted by various friends, just a bit annoyed that it's there at all! Never had anything like it on another car new or otherwise 😞

On 8/3/2018 at 1:30 PM, TomsFocus said:

How do you get 10 speakers?  I've been looking at the Mk3.5s so far and seen that the Titanium only comes with 6!?  I guess it's possible that's a typo, but I'm sure it was 8 in the mk2.5 and 9 in the Mk3.

If you sit in the car long enough after shutting the engine off, you might notice the needles jump as well, I've seen people post about that a few times, just seems to be self tests and shut downs of various modules rather than a fault.

Titanium X has the 10 speaker system with Sony as standard I think. I have Sync 2 and 10 Speakers and an array of other sound issues... namely losing Speakers randomly until the car has been left for a while. 2 years later and still no fix.

10 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Titanium X has the 10 speaker system with Sony as standard I think. I have Sync 2 and 10 speakers and an array of other sound issues... namely losing speakers randomly until the car has been left for a while. 2 years later and still no fix.

Oh, that's not ideal then. :unsure: 

On 8/6/2018 at 1:09 PM, TomsFocus said:

Oh, that's not ideal then. :unsure: 

Nope. Thankfully my dealer is next door to work pretty much and they're actually pretty decent.

4 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Nope. Thankfully my dealer is next door to work pretty much and they're actually pretty decent.

Can't be that decent if it's still not fixed! :laugh: 

If I go to buy a Mk3.5, are there any checks I should do on the Sync2 system or is it too intermittent to check?  Also, do they all have Nav capability?  

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

If I go to buy a Mk3.5, are there any checks I should do on the Sync2 system or is it too intermittent to check?  Also, do they all have Nav capability?  

I drove at least 1 Mk3.5 Focus hire car that had Sync 2 but not nav, although it could just have been broken :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

I drove at least 1 Mk3.5 Focus hire car that had Sync 2 but not nav, although it could just have been broken :lol:

Lol, I know they don't all have it, but I wasn't sure if they all had the capability and it was just a case of buying the maps card.

All of the Titanium's I've looked at so far seem to have it although most not advertised as 'Nav' editions.  But I've noticed a lot don't have any maps on...are people keeping the card before trading the car in?  Don't see how you would accidentally lose it lol!

After having built in RNSE Nav on the A3 I've found it really useful, works much better than my tomtom standalone as well.  Funny thing is it's a 2004 car, been wondering why I haven't had it in any of my other 30 odd previous cars lol!?

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I know they don't all have it, but I wasn't sure if they all had the capability and it was just a case of buying the maps card.

All of the Titanium's I've looked at so far seem to have it although most not advertised as 'Nav' editions.  But I've noticed a lot don't have any maps on...are people keeping the card before trading the car in?  Don't see how you would accidentally lose it lol!

After having built in RNSE Nav on the A3 I've found it really useful, works much better than my TomTom standalone as well.  Funny thing is it's a 2004 car, been wondering why I haven't had it in any of my other 30 odd previous cars lol!?

:lol:

I'd also be interested to find out if all the necessary hardware is installed in all trim levels and it's just software configuration as to which cars "get" nav.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

But I've noticed a lot don't have any maps on...are people keeping the card before trading the car in?  Don't see how you would accidentally lose it lol

I’m not sure about wether or not all Sync2 systems have nav capability but the ones that do but have no cards will be because the dealers take them out prior to test drive and people rummaging around in them. ITs not uncommon for them to go ‘missing’

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 1:22 PM, TomsFocus said:

It's beyond their control now. It's reached their technical department. I've had data sent back to the USA and god knows what.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club