Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Window Air Deflectors

Hamster

Has anyone fitted the front window air deflectors as supplied as an accessory from Ford. I have a set of 4, the back one seem to fit OK using the clips provided.

But the fronts catch the window on the way up at the very front of the front in the window channel. I've checked to make sure their position in the channel is correct and it is but they still catch and occasionally 'bounce back'. Additionally the wind is very tight in the channel causing it to slow.

Any ideas?

H

If they are like climair ones then they need to sit on top of the door ledge rubbers not inside them.
Also try a shot of silicone spray in the window channels to lubricate them.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I had the climair ones fitted before I collected the edge . 3 weeks later when it was a very hot day my daughter opened the window and one of the rear deflectors flew out leaving the clips in place . When I check the other one it had bowed in the heat and became very loose.  Just checked my front ones I have 1 clip fitted down by the mirror and no others .

I read the instructions again and i think the front ones should be glued but there is no glue in the kit.

I'll have another look later

H

• 1 year later...

@Hamster did you ever sort this out?

I'm thinking of fitting a set from Heko (used before on other cars) - anyone else used those on an Edge? What's the fit like?

• 1 month later...

I understand Santa is bringing me a Heko set - will update if/when fitted

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I fitted the Heko type and had no issues. Had a Volvo some time ago and just used the sticky pads to fit but with the Ford I used the clips as was clear the sticky pads were not enough.Make sure the clips are put in the correct way round. Wind the windows up and down several times till they "learn" to overcome the obstruction.May have to wobble the deflectors as well to assist then leave window shut to mould in shape,maybe better to do when it warms up or do you have a garage you can get in?

• Like 1

Great thanks - have had Airvit (very similar to Heko) on my Landy without problems was just looking for re-assurance on the Edge as there is much less leading edge glass to seat the deflector into - will update when Santa has been :santa:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club