Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 DAB Aerial advice needed

rhyds

well I'm confused on this power idea for ford antenna

on VAG its dead std to have a DIN Ariel plug (std old one been going for 50 plus years) and an extra box of tricks on the wire pushes a phantom feed up so a water blue fakra connector powers up the antenna.  But no one makes fakra to fakra with phantom feed for the antenna, yet its what everyone in the modern world needs

my Ford Sony is radio only has two fakra connectors (white & black), the black DAB doesn't feed anything...   and the white doesn't seem to power anything either.... the ford later base and DAB antenna are hopeless, but less hopeless than the original.  I added this antenna amp below to the ford set up and it gets FM to normal and DAB to usable on strong signals and searchable for everything

https://incartec.co.uk/product/DAB--AM-FM-splitter-amplifier--15db   there are no instructions and the labelling is a joke …. 

IN - means to Antenna

12v FM - is total trash and means FM antenna IN connector on the radio

12v DAB - is total trash and means DAB antenna IN connector on the radio

as I wrote on another post  - this is probably a cheaper better idea than fords efforts

3939.jpg

https://incartec.co.uk/product/DAB--AM-FM-Combiflex-antenna-with-DAB-and-FM-extensions

4725.jpg

if fitting an aftermarket radio they do one like above DAB, FM and GPS for £96

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. Sounds like you have had about as much or more annoyance with getting the antennas to work!

I want to get the original unit back in to see what's what and if it works ok. I put the new one in almost as soon as I got the car so I cant recall how the old sony performed.

Once I have checked the connections are working I will pull out the black and white one at a time and see if I can figure this out.  It's just getting time to do so!

I need to try the phantom one more time as someone had said on another thread that white is just power and that black should be used with a splitter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club