Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Update & Waze

CR91

I’ve updated my Sync 3 in my Fiesta MK8 to Version 3 today in order to get the Waze app working when plugging my iPhone in. However, no matter how many times I plug the phone in, and have the Waze app open, it just won’t appear. I have also clicked the find more apps button but nothing is showing up.

Also, when using CarPlay, the side menu has moved over to the left hand side. I was under the impression that it was on the right so as to make it easier for right hand drive car drivers to touch those buttons.

Has anybody else updated Sync 3 and had similar issues?

don't you access waze through android auto? and not through applink at present only Sygic can be accessed through applink.

Given that Waze is on the Ford UK App Catalogue, I was under the impression that it could be used through Sync. It has also been featured in Parkers as available. 

I’m not hugely bothered as I’ll use Google Maps through CarPlay when iOS 12 is released in September anyway. 

Got in the car earlier today and miraculously, Waze appeared, and the CarPlay menu had moved back over to the right of the screen. 

Had the same issue, I had to restart my iPhone before it really worked. I'm not using it however, not sure how it is for you but here Waze is sooooo slow on Applink (iPhone 7, Fiesta mk8). Good news though: in september Apple will be releasing iOS 12 which will now allow other navigation software to use Carplay. So just a matter of time before you can start Waze using Carplay which is supposed to work a whole lot better than Applink from Ford.

Source: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/04/apple-says-third-party-nav-apps-coming-to-carplay/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club