Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Insurance

KHouldey

Hi everyone! 

I bought my ST back in April to replace my boring-as-hell Golf GT Edition. At the time it actually cost less to insure when I phoned my insurer (only by a few pence, mind). I was chuffed! In total I've paid around £750 for the year. 

Renewal time is coming up in September and I've been having a look at all the usual sites but they're all £800+ even though none of my details have changed except adding another year of NCB.

Cheapest is Sheila's Wheels at £797. Waiting on a quote from Adrian Flux. Aviva have stated £903. Goskippy (who my insurance is currently with) is quoting £2800! 

Has anyone else experienced any price hikes this time round? Can anyone think of any reasons why it's higher for me this year? Is ST theft more prolific at the mo for example? 

Thanks in advance!

-28 years old

-License held for 10 years

-No convictions/claims etc

-Live in a risk-free area

-Partner is a named driver

-Annual mileage - 24000

-Comprehensive 

-£500 excess

1 hour ago, KHouldey said:

Hi everyone! 

I bought my ST back in April to replace my boring-as-hell Golf GT Edition. At the time it actually cost less to insure when I phoned my insurer (only by a few pence, mind). I was chuffed! In total I've paid around £750 for the year. 

Renewal time is coming up in September and I've been having a look at all the usual sites but they're all £800+ even though none of my details have changed except adding another year of NCB.

Cheapest is Sheila's Wheels at £797. Waiting on a quote from Adrian Flux. Aviva have stated £903. Goskippy (who my insurance is currently with) is quoting £2800! 

Has anyone else experienced any price hikes this time round? Can anyone think of any reasons why it's higher for me this year? Is ST theft more prolific at the mo for example? 

Thanks in advance!

-28 years old

-License held for 10 years

-No convictions/claims etc

-Live in a risk-free area

-Partner is a named driver

-Annual mileage - 24000

-Comprehensive 

-£500 excess

Forgot to mention! 

-2 years NCB

-15 reg Fiesta ST

-No mods

24k annual mileage in a Fiesta ST!? :unsure: 

Car insurance seems to be going up every year for everyone, despite getting more NCB and theoretically more experience.  I could insure cars 5 years ago that I can't insure now, it's way more than just inflation!

Fiesta ST's are also well known for being frequently and easily stolen, but have been for a few years so it shouldn't have caused a jump this year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

24k annual mileage in a Fiesta ST!? :unsure: 

Car insurance seems to be going up every year for everyone, despite getting more NCB and theoretically more experience.  I could insure cars 5 years ago that I can't insure now, it's way more than just inflation!

Fiesta ST's are also well known for being frequently and easily stolen, but have been for a few years so it shouldn't have caused a jump this year.

Yeahhhh my partner lives in Leeds and I travel up every weekend from Birmingham so I certainly rack up the miles! It comes to about 20k miles but I added a bit more for if we travel around etc. Good thing I get around 45mpg! 🙂

Thanks for your input, glad to hear I'm not the only one. Previously I had an MK5 Golf that I could insure for around £400; after looking online for a comparison to the ST even that's costing around £800 this year too. 

a few others worth giving a call would brentacre and chris knott insurance.

My insurance was up for renewal last month and Aviva wanted an extra £90 a year for  my ST similiar mileage i'm about 19k a year.

managed to get decent quotes from both  of these brokers  might be worth giving them a call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tootles said:

a few others worth giving a call would brentacre and chris knott insurance.

My insurance was up for renewal last month and Aviva wanted an extra £90 a year for  my ST similiar mileage i'm about 19k a year.

managed to get decent quotes from both  of these brokers  might be worth giving them a call.

Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

Also give sky insurance a ring. With me recently I was just looking at insurance and cheapest I got was around £1000 with a black box. I recently renewed it which might be why it's higher but also the cheaper insurers weren't listed. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Also give sky insurance a ring. 

Thanks, will do! 

Hi,

Did we come back to you with a quotation? If we did how did we do?

Regards,

Dan.

• 1 month later...

I see a pattern - every year (if you do not screw anything i.e no convictions/claims etc) insurance prices are increasing by 50-100£ per year. Annoying, but do not think there is a way about it. As for the insurer, I usually stick with aviva, though they might not be the cheapest one out there.

I just did the insurance on my car with Admiral, but through Confused.com (owned by Admiral ) as it was cheaper than direct. Saved over £100 compared to last year and almost as cheap as 5 years ago, though this time the car has uprated brakes and winter tyres (declared)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club