Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange problem

Macka89

So i have a fiesta mk6 zetec 06 plate i brought it 2 months ago from a friend. Everything was ok till i added sub and amp and i went out to car and started it and it died. Got it going and it kept stalling when going to pull off. Anyway changes batt as it was old and it fixed the issue....so i thought

Checked battery and its still the same volts as when brought so deffo not battery.

yesterday the car did the same started and cut out 3 times and when driving and trying to pull off would try to cut out so had to put more acceleration on. 

Friend said she had this issue when using morrisons fuel (iam using this) but i have a sneaky feeling this is not at all the issue. 

Could it be the idle? Anyone else had this issue?

thanks

Try not using Morrisons fuel and see what happens!

Otherwise it could be HT leads, spark plugs - when was it last serviced?

5 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Try not using Morrisons fuel and see what happens!

Otherwise it could be HT leads, spark plugs - when was it last serviced?

Trying to waste the fuel and try some where else. And tbh ive had it a month and as far as i know not in a long time. Iam planning on getting it serviced soon. 

You could try adding some Redex to the fuel tank see if that helps, and and take it for a run at 60/70 for an "Italian tune up"

• Thanks 1

60/70 cruising is pretty easy on an engine, should to be thrashing it about for an Italian tune up, hard acceleration, high revs etc...  But tbh I'd finish off the Morrisons fuel, stick a tank of branded in there, change the fuel filter, and see if it's any better.  No point changing the filter if you've still got potentially contaminated fuel in there.

Is the battery light coming on?  Was it a proper calcium battery or just cheap basic one?  Is the sub and amp still wired in?  

I doubt it's Morrisons fuel they must conform to British standards.

I use Morrisons fuel and have had no problems for years.

I had an 06 Fiesta and they had a lot of problems with the coil pack.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

60/70 cruising is pretty easy on an engine, should to be thrashing it about for an Italian tune up, hard acceleration, high revs etc...  But tbh I'd finish off the Morrisons fuel, stick a tank of branded in there, change the fuel filter, and see if it's any better.  No point changing the filter if you've still got potentially contaminated fuel in there.

Is the battery light coming on?  Was it a proper calcium battery or just cheap basic one?  Is the sub and amp still wired in?  

Running rest of petrol out today and refill tomoz with a proper fuel station and got a full service booked in thursday. No battery light on and proper battery. And yes sub and amp wired sill but its not that. The person i had it from said it did it to them once when using morrisons fuel and since she used some where else it never did it again. 

2 hours ago, Bobr said:

I had an 06 Fiesta and they had a lot of problems with the coil pack.

So could this be a cause? As a few forums i looked at have loads of different causes 

Added some redex and been giving it some high acceleration and running a treat now, so must of been fuel! Thanks all for help and advice, will see if service picks anything up thursday

I use Morrison's fuel all the time and have never had a problem.

7 hours ago, Bobr said:

I use Morrison's fuel all the time and have never had a problem.

My issue is now fixed since draining and using acpriper garage, also happened with mate when they owned car when using morrisons fuel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club