Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS pump for 2008 focus style

FocusSCO

Hi, 

Just had my focus in for its MOT, was done on July 2nd and we're now in August. The problem the garage had was finding an ABS pump. After 3 weeks I asked for photos of identification labels, and sourced one online within 5 minutes. The garage ordered and used the part, but then told me it had to go to a sparky to get the coding done. 

I just need to know if that is true enough and also if an old one can be refurbished, as I was told that once its gone, its gone, there's no fixing one. I'm a little sceptical of this garage now after being recommended to use them. 

Have attached pic of the label 

Thanks 

received_1800483520036097.jpeg

There are places that you can get your abs pump refurbished and sent back to you in about a week, and I’m sure they get coded to your car. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong 👍🏼

A quick google for ABS pump refurbish will bring up various websites that do it .

Edited by Russ

should be two types

with ESP has the small wiper motor to provide traction and ESP pressure (these can get two designed in faults... motor brushes playing up or the std resolder multiplug to circuit board fix

without ESP, these just be the re soldering DIY in 10 minutes

if you re use you own pump no coding needed

multiple companies doing this stuff for between 150 and 250 guaranteed for life  BBA did my Omega (5 years back) for 120  ECU testing did both faults on my BMW bike

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, 

I'll let them know that there are places who can refurb them. Ive not seen the bill yet but imagine an auto electrician being involved it would have been cheaper to send the duff one away. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club