Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 F350 PowerStroke (7.3 L TDI diesel)

p38fln

We had a Chevrolet Suburban for almost 6 months before the transmission died on it, so I thought we should get something a little more robust.  It only holds 6 passengers, but it looks like it already survived a zombie apocalypse and is ready for another one.  The sheer size of this thing wasn't really something I noticed until I parked it next to the Suburban, and it made the Suburban look small.  

I've been slowly painting over the rusty bits with rustoleum rust reformer.

It's got a 7.3 liter turbocharged diesel engine - and for all the displacement, it only puts out 235 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque.  Rated for half a million miles though.  The 7.3 liter engines are capable of much more horsepower, but they restrict power in truck applications to prevent heat soak from destroying the engine (Basically, you aren't going to use your Fiesta to drag a 12,000 pound trailer over a mountain range, while you just might do it with this truck).

It's 21.5 feet long with a full crew cab (full front and rear doors), 8 foot pickup box, and a maximum loaded weight of 9900 pounds, full manual 4 wheel drive (You have to get out and twist the front hubs to engage 4WD), and no creature comforts besides AC, cruise, and an AM/FM/CD player.  It's even got an old style front bench seat, crank windows, and manual door locks.

LOTS of fun to drive, it was built long before emission controls were even though of for diesel trucks over here.  I think it's sole emissions control is the CCV hose goes back into the air intake instead of venting to the ground.  If you really mash the throttle pedal down it belches smoke and howls like a jetliner taking off.

I took the absolutely stupid checkerboard decals off the side of the truck after this picture was taken, I have no idea why someone would ruin a vehicle like that. 

20180721_212425_f5cecaae0d3b5558543ad37f96c494a2757dc322.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club