Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Navigator

Les Focus

Hello can members help me with a quick question please?  How do I recognise a Titanium Navigator from a Titanium?   I am upgrading to a 16/17 plate but want to make sure that I am actually getting the  Naviagtor trim and extras.  Most entries on websites rarely mention the word Navigator.  

Many Thanks 

Edited by Les Focus
Typo

i believe the navigator is the pre-facelift

i think the titanium and X trim both have sat nav as standard (2015 on)

i could be wrong though

Navigator just includes factory sat nav, no other extras. 

If you want the Titanium plus the half leathers, xenons and park assist you'll have to look for a Titanium X...but don't just take the sellers word for it, I've seen a few advertised as X models which aren't!!

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Navigator just includes factory sat nav, no other extras. 

If you want the Titanium plus the half leathers, xenons and park assist you'll have to look for a Titanium X...but don't just take the sellers word for it, I've seen a few advertised as X models which aren't!!

one quick visual check when looking at adverts - if no headlight washers fitted then it doesn't have Xenon lights so not a X.

Also if they have put a picture of the Sync2 screen then if it says 'Information' top right then doesn't have Nav. It will say 'Navigation' if Sat Nav is installed (might also say 'Insert SD card' if they have removed the map card)

If Sync 3 is fitted (mid-2016 on I think) then the middle icon at the bottom should say 'Navigation'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les Focus said:

Hello can members help me with a quick question please?  How do I recognise a Titanium Navigator from a Titanium?   I am upgrading to a 16/17 plate but want to make sure that I am actually getting the  Naviagtor trim and extras.  Most entries on websites rarely mention the word Navigator.  

Many Thanks 

To check if the car has factory fitted navigation check on ETIS using the reg or VIN. If you're going for a 2017 plate, I'd recommend going for a Sync 3 equipped model if you can find one.

Many thanks for all the responses, it's very useful information. To be honest it can get quite confusing, some website entries say "Navigation" and others "Navigator". The details on the X are also most useful.  I actually missed out on an X with low mileage, someone got in ahead of me with a deposit.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks for the advice to use Ford ETIS, I have checked a few vehicles but despite knowing the year of the car the display is always 2014. Do I need to pay to use this service?  I have already registered as a user but there is a section requesting company details, VAT etc. that I haven't completed.  Sorry if I have made an obvious mistake.

Mine is a 2015 titanium but it came with navigation. 

You can also add navigation if it’s not present on the sync 2 relatively easily. But I’d agree with the above, get Sync 3 if possible. 

34 minutes ago, Les Focus said:

Thanks for the advice to use Ford ETIS, I have checked a few vehicles but despite knowing the year of the car the display is always 2014. Do I need to pay to use this service?  I have already registered as a user but there is a section requesting company details, VAT etc. that I haven't completed.  Sorry if I have made an obvious mistake.

To get the full details you need to register with ETIS, but this is free and you shouldn't need a Vat number etc.   ETIS shows the actual date of manufacture and full details of all factory fitted options, which is important because sometimes a car can sit in a compound for a long time before being registered. Hence, a "2017" plate car may have been manufactured in 2015, with different options fitted than those of a supposed  2017 model.  

Thanks very much Avi, I've registered and got access to ETIS. However, I  think  that I am more confused than ever.  I have been following a 16 plate clearly advertised with a dealer as a Focus Navigator yet the list of "less than" on ETIS is a long one including no daytime running  lights and less "navigation system.

3 minutes ago, Les Focus said:

Thanks very much Avi, I've registered and got access to ETIS. However, I  think  that I am more confused than ever.  I have been following a 16 plate clearly advertised with a dealer as a Focus Navigator yet the list of "less than" on ETIS is a long one including no daytime running  lights and less "navigation system.

What's the reg or vin and I'll take a look on ETIS.  It can be confusing and I've seen examples that are "less" one type of navigation system, but include another type.

46 minutes ago, Les Focus said:

YJZ 8775

Yup he beat me to it - Sync II With Navigation & Nav Data-All Europe

As I mentioned I've seen "The less navigation system" on Sync based cars and assume it must have been some other option, 

Cheers folks. 

Edited by Les Focus
Typo

Ford Etis is confusing. With mine on one line it's says less Sat Nav and down a bit from that with Sync2 with Nav. All facelift titaniums have Nav!

Les, you said in your opening post, you wanted navigation with extras

If i were you , get a titanium X they have all the extras as standard, just a few "options" that are not standard on any trim level

for example,

(From my 2014/15 brochure for the MK3.5)

Driver Assistance Pack (includes Traffic Sign Recognition + others)

Appearance Pack 2 (18" sport wheels and privacy glass)

Sat-nav

Sony SatNav (option only on the X)

Full Leather Seats (as opposed to partial)

Heated Steering Wheel

Adaptive Cruise Control

Sun Roof

Door Edge Protectors

10 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

Les, you said in your opening post, you wanted navigation with extras

If i were you , get a titanium X they have all the extras as standard, just a few "options" that are not standard on any trim level

for example,

(From my 2014/15 brochure for the MK3.5)

Driver Assistance Pack (includes Traffic Sign Recognition + others)

Appearance Pack 2 (18" sport wheels and privacy glass)

Sat-nav

Sony SatNav (option only on the X)

Full Leather Seats (as opposed to partial)

Heated Steering Wheel

Adaptive Cruise Control

Sun Roof

Door Edge Protectors

I go along with that.  There's some stuff on the Ti x that isn't even an option on other trim levels ie. coloured LED interior lights, BiX headlights(?) etc.

When I specced mine the only thing I wasn't keen on was the Stereo update, because the sub raised the boot floor making it even smaller, and the traffic sign recognition that gets confused with speed limit badges on trucks lol.

In the end just opted for leather and  App Pack 2.

The best option to select on the Titanium/ Titanium x is adaptive cruise control. It's not Standard but it's a brilliant option to have.

i didn't think of the badges on trucks! that's a good point

on the Titanium X, Bi-Xenon lights are standard, i dont even think they are on option on the other trim levels, but on the X they are "adaptive lighting"

2 minutes ago, James said:

The best option to select on the Titanium/ Titanium x is adaptive cruise control. It's not Standard but it's a brilliant option to have.

ive always been confused with this, is this just Cruise Control or does it have that auto braking thing added on to it ? (i.e. not in cruise control for it to kick in)

7 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

ive always been confused with this, is this just Cruise Control or does it have that auto braking thing added on to it ? (i.e. not in cruise control for it to kick in)

Cruise control is standard, but AFAIK the adaptive version uses the forward camera to maintain a minimum distance and "adapt" to slowing traffic.

It uses Radar built in the bottom bumper to maintain a set distance to any car in front. Essentially it automatically applies the breaks when the radar senses your car is to close to the car in front. It speeds up your car when the way in front is clear again to the set speed.  It can be a bit to sensitive sometimes but overall I really like this feature. 

39 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

It uses this radar to sense cars in front and slows down the car in slower moving traffic to a set distance(the breaks are appled automatically). See below for a picture of sensor and Adaptive cruise control stalk. It's different than the normal one.

IMG_20180727_211122__01.jpg

IMG_20180328_213645.jpg

Thanks for all the replies it is  a real Focus education. I plan to import an X but there arent that many in N Ireland with low mileage and don't know the GB market well enough ie reliable dealers close to a ferryport.  I would prefer Scotland Glasgow area but Arnold Clark seems to have it sewn up and have already had a bad experience of them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club