Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Focus adaptive lighting problems

Andreuk
聽Share

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my 2015聽Focus titanium X adaptive lighting unit(s) , quick story is that I bought the car in March 2016 (nearly new). In November 16 both headlight units were replaced under warranty due to malfunction, the lights were constantly moving and resetting when stationary.

Recently (after 12 days of cars base warranty expiring! 馃槧) the headlights have malfunctioned again and will cost a staggering 拢650 each!聽

The purpose of this post is to firstly warn any prospective buyers of this model that the potential for replacing headlights every 18-20 months is a clear possibility, and secondly ask if there are any cheaper non dealer options as I have totally lost faith in the headlight units.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andre

On 8/11/2018 at 6:06 PM, Andreuk said:

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my 2015聽Focus titanium X adaptive lighting unit(s) , quick story is that I bought the car in March 2016 (nearly new). In November 16 both headlight units were replaced under warranty due to malfunction, the lights were constantly moving and resetting when stationary.

Recently (after 12 days of cars base warranty expiring! 馃槧) the headlights have malfunctioned again and will cost a staggering 拢650 each!聽

The purpose of this post is to firstly warn any prospective buyers of this model that the potential for replacing headlights every 18-20 months is a clear possibility, and secondly ask if there are any cheaper non dealer options as I have totally lost faith in the headlight units.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andre

I would push to get them replaced again under warranty as they aren't that old and two you're just outside of the window. I've had one done on my car, and touch wood has been fine since.

I'd contact Ford Customer Relations directly about the issue as well because at the present time I could see this being a not fit for purpose claim under the sales of goods act although I'm hoping someone is going to correct me on this one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried to contact ford customer service but they don't even answer the phone.

2 hours ago, Andreuk said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried to contact ford customer service but they don't even answer the phone.

What number are you using? They do answer.

0203 564 4444聽

I got the number from my log book and I've searched online too and it came up with the same number.

I have tried the number over 50 times and it rings out each time.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:27 PM, Andreuk said:

0203 564 4444聽

I got the number from my log book and I've searched online too and it came up with the same number.

That's very strange. Does it not even present you with a menu system? I have an email address you can use to contact them if need be.

Following聽

Do you know what exactly failed? control board or similar - it would be ideal if we could dissect a failed unit and identify failed component, if it were possible. If it turns out to be a failed "dumb" on-board component, it its feasible these could be repaired.聽

21 hours ago, Abbadon said:

Following聽

Do you know what exactly failed? control board or similar - it would be ideal if we could dissect a failed unit and identify failed component, if it were possible. If it turns out to be a failed "dumb" on-board component, it its feasible these could be repaired.聽

When it fails, the headlight control module聽reports errors with the motors. It's easier to replace the headlamp than strip it down and reseal. Plus getting the motors themselves will be difficult.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:27 PM, Andreuk said:

0203 564 4444聽

Option 3,聽 then option 4. You'll get put on hold with some music.

All else fails, email ukcrc1@ford.com

18 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

When it fails, the headlight control module聽reports errors with the motors. It's easier to replace the headlamp than strip it down and reseal. Plus getting the motors themselves will be difficult.

It probably isn't the motor itself, more likely a component on the motor driver board failing leading to poor motor positional control. It might even be a power supply component on that board and not even a component which is part of the motor driver itself.聽

At 600 quid id say it was worth a community investigation at least!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club