Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Footwell lights

robbyvrs

Hi

I've seen posts on FB about people adding footwell lights to their new Fiestas and cannot find out exactly what is needed.

I think i've found the wiring at each side (3 wires into a block?) so would i need a light unit to fit into 1 of each holes (rectangle) on the lower trim and that's all?

On the MK7 and 7.5 the bulb holders were already wired in so just fitting a bulb was all required - with the MK8 was that easy

• Like 1

I’d like to do this mod too, probably have to look at a Titanium to work out what hardware’s needed. 

I bet it needs Ambient lighting activating too though..

I've seen this which makes it sound plug and play with no coding - https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/collections/mk8-fiesta/products/mk8-fiesta-footwell-upgrade?variant=12211039895660  

Not sure i want the ultra bright lights on at night when driving though?

I've got the LEDs from CEUK as posted above. They're are bright but not very distracting at night. They do stay on permanently when driving and take 10 minutes to turn off after locking the car. If you don't want super bright ones you can buy the part from Ford directly and I think that includes the holder for them so the light is diffused, not too sure on the part number.

The passenger side connector is really easy to get to, you can see it if you duck your head underneath the dashboard and just push it out of the holder. The driver side one is much harder and is hidden below the steering wheel behind the plastic, requires a bit of force to get it out and it might be easier if you take off the thin metal bar to give yourself more manoeuvrability, however I didn't need to do this because I've got skinny wrists haha.

Cheers Tom - do the genuine ones stay on all the time with the headlights on? guessing they will if they just plug in likr the CEUK ones

Yeah they stay on all the time, not just when the headlights are on but you can't see them in the day anyway

Just ordered the Ford lights - approx £10 each and a week until they arrive at dealers 🙂

Cool let us know how it goes please!

Any chance you could post the part numbers of both pls?

7 minutes ago, Smartd00d said:

Cool let us know how it goes please!

Any chance you could post the part numbers of both pls?

Will do as soon as i pick them up 👍

I found This video on YouTube of a guy in Denmark putting the footwell lights in his MK8 ST-Line in. 

There are also some very helpful posts in this Facebook post. Having read through that tonight, I’m going to have a look this week at getting the wire out of the drivers side that I’ve been struggling with and order the part. The genuine ford part no is 2112634. 

some posts say to remove the bottom trim piece on the drivers side to get to the wire/ plug - hope to pick my light up this week so i'll find out how easy it is 🙂

Always liked footwell lighting in the cars I have had. I don't think I will bother on the Mk8 as I don't think I could do with them being on continually, being especially off putting in the dark.

Shame really they are continually on.

Thanks for the part number @CR91! I'm going to see if my Ford dealer can order them, I like the genuine look as they are not so bright as the ones from CEUK. But that's personal taste of course! Great find that these can be installed without too much work.

Update: just ordered mine at Ford (Netherlands) for just under 20 euros per light. I'll keep you updated and will post some photos of the install when I receive them.

I put a parts request through on Ford Parts and it came back as £25.16 inclusive of delivery in the UK. 

Would be interested to see pictures of the genuine ones before I order them, as you say @Martijn89, the CEUK ones do look quite bright. 

13 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Always liked footwell lighting in the cars I have had. I don't think I will bother on the Mk8 as I don't think I could do with them being on continually, being especially off putting in the dark.

Shame really they are continually on.

I would have expected them to be linked to the interior lights - on when doors opened ans off when closed - weird having them on all the time?

That's what normally happens. They are connected through the door switch or interior lighting.

They would definitely be more of a pain than a pleasure for me being on when driving.

What is the legality of driving in the UK with interior lighting being visible through the glass of the car?

Is that why they have been omitted for the UK market?

I added the original Ford lights 2 weeks ago.. My lights are on when the doors are open and when the headlights are on also. They are not on during the day. Regarding the intensity and the fact that they may bother you during night drive i have to share my recent experience. I had a night drive 3 days ago, at a mostly dark road for about 5 hours. I had to dim the dash light almost at the minimum because the screen light was bothering and eventually closed it completely, but the footwell lights, never bothered me. They are not that bright.

Picked mine up today - £10.49 each + VAT

Will fit them at the weekend when i clean the car unless i buy the Clio RS220 trophy i'm haggling on 🙂

F24YgYG.jpg

mN57eLl.jpg

lz5006F.jpg

Do they Ford ones actually slot in/fit on to somewhere, or do they just stick on like the CEUK lights?

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Do they Ford ones actually slot in/fit on to somewhere, or do they just stick on like the CEUK lights?

If you look under the dash at both sides in footwell area you should see a rectangle hole, this is where the wire/ plug is hidden behind and when pulled out and connected to lights the lights will then slot into the holes - proper factory fitted look 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, robbyvrs said:

Will fit them at the weekend when i clean the car unless i buy the Clio RS220 trophy i'm haggling on 🙂

Hi, so did you fit them and if so how’d it go?

15 hours ago, Smartd00d said:

Hi, so did you fit them and if so how’d it go?

Yep fitted them last weekend.

Passenger side was easy as the wire was easy to find - plug light into connector and slot unit into hole under dash - 2-3 mins

Drivers side was a little tricky as i could see the cable (looking under steering column) but wasn't sure how to get it out? i ended up removing the headlight switch trim so the connector was visable and pushed it out of the fixing hole - pushed connector into light and slotted it into the hole under the dash.

To remove the trim there is 1 bolt under the dash, remove this and the panel pulls forward as it's then held in place with 5 metal clips and  2 plastic tabs at the outer (door) edge - very easy to remove.

The lights are on when driving and for several minutes after leaving the car. These are very subtle in the dark so not distracting at all

Great thanks for sharing. I’ll have to get them ordered myself then! 👍

Was struggling for ages to get the drivers side wire out myself, gave it one last go this weekend and got it out. Found it easy once I’d removed this bar under the steering wheel. Just 2 bolts, seemed easier to me than removing the trim by the lights. 

It needed a hard press and pull to unclip the wire. Have ordered the lights, should’ve here this week, looking forward to seeing what they’re like. Hope they’re a lot more subtle than the CEUK ones look in the photos I’ve seen  

0CE8910F-7261-49CD-9351-8EB63B75010C.jpeg

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

Was struggling for ages to get the drivers side wire out myself, gave it one last go this weekend and got it out. Found it easy once I’d removed this bar under the steering wheel. Just 2 bolts, seemed easier to me than removing the trim by the lights. 

It needed a hard press and pull to unclip the wire. Have ordered the lights, should’ve here this week, looking forward to seeing what they’re like. Hope they’re a lot more subtle than the CEUK ones look in the photos I’ve seen  

0CE8910F-7261-49CD-9351-8EB63B75010C.jpeg

Much more subtle

you can see the rectangle hole (bottom right of pic) where drivers light fits

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club