Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Footwell lights

robbyvrs

Thanks to all on this thread with the various info. I fitted my Ford footwell lights and they are very good - ambient indeed, a nice touch. I used a mirror to see where the driver side wire was. It uses the clip on the electrical connector to fix in a hole with the connector pins facing the driver, so if you reach under the panel and locate it by touch, it actually comes out really easily if you press down on the clip at the top and pull it directly towards the front of the car. No need for removing anything.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Well, it took ages before the lights arrived at Ford. But just got mine this morning and installed them right away. Installing took me less than one minute on each side, for some reason I don't have a big steel bar like on the previous photos... Maybe that is something in the UK only (RHD)? I was able to grab the connector, pull it out of it's hole and then just click it in the LED lamp. It does look nice and dims nicely when turned on or off. I will take some photos at night to have a better view on how much light these OEM lights give. Price was EUR 16,- per lamp which wasn't too bad. 

The lamps, they actually click in really easily and give a nice blue light. Just the same colour as the rest of the ambiance lighting inside.

IMG_0202.thumb.jpg.17fb152e79d577a54042966946c1998b.jpg

The installed light at the passengers side. This was an easy one; the connector was fitted in the slot just besides the slot for the lamp. It was easy to pull it out and connect it to the lamp.

IMG_0204.thumb.jpg.7eb218205d7acdf2c8504ece89ee987b.jpg

And the installation at the drivers side. Luckily I had no metal bar like I saw on previous photos, you could grab the cable which was connected to a small plastic connector just besides the hole for the lamp itself. After I was sure I could pull this out and it didn't powered something else (just to be sure 😁) I was able to pull it out and connect it to the lamp. Which then clicked into the hole for the lamp easily again. 

IMG_0211.thumb.jpg.0fa67088433aa4bf95cd9205d9be16df.jpg

So as promised, the interior photos at night of the OEM lights. Bit hard to see, but a very nice look in real! Happy with installing these and blending in nicely with the other ambient lights.

A3B249BD-5EDA-4EB2-A16D-24D2339AB6C0.thumb.jpeg.78db9a22a6cbab76160c949f0be5fc5d.jpeg

AB4DBAFF-3C98-4C8E-9356-035376C0AAC8.thumb.jpeg.6627dc931e8367d53f7e701015b96d29.jpeg

• Like 2

Fitted mine last weekend after overnight delivery from Ford Parts at no extra cost, really easy to install both sides would definately recommend it!

• 3 months later...

Did some of you had any problems after fitting the OEM Footwell light?

In the ST Line X and possibly other trims  too, there is some ambient light in the cupholder area, am I correct thinking that the footwell lights would be switched on and work at the same time as the light in the cupholder? 

On 1/8/2019 at 11:12 PM, Fiestafyn said:

Did some of you had any problems after fitting the OEM Footwell light?

Nope.. 

On 1/9/2019 at 4:44 PM, DG97 said:

In the ST Line X and possibly other trims  too, there is some ambient light in the cupholder area, am I correct thinking that the footwell lights would be switched on and work at the same time as the light in the cupholder? 

In my ST-Line, they are both on, at the same time.

Managed to remove the driver side wire after a bit of wrist breaking, I didnt think the metal bar needed removing but would have probably made it a bit easier. The worst part I thought was pulling the wire out of the connector hole. I pressed down on the clip and tried pulling the wire out but needed quite a few attempts before it finally came out. 

Finally received the 2 lights from Ford and fitted them a moment ago. Once you've got the wires out, as others have said its a very quick and easy fit. 

In terms of the lights itself - they're spot on. Not bright enough to be distracting and just add a really nice touch to the interior. 

On 1/11/2019 at 10:48 AM, DG97 said:

Managed to remove the driver side wire after a bit of wrist breaking, I didnt think the metal bar needed removing but would have probably made it a bit easier. The worst part I thought was pulling the wire out of the connector hole. I pressed down on the clip and tried pulling the wire out but needed quite a few attempts before it finally came out. 

I ended up removing the bar which made it far easier - like yourself I am really pleased with the lights, a very worthwhile mod.

Paul.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the advice of this thread - I fitted my footwell lights today. Lamps were around £10 each from FPUK.

Passenger is a doddle but I honestly thought that I was going to snap the drivers side wire when pulling (didn't remove metal bar either) but nope, all was good.

Lights look great and is probably the best £20 I'll spend on mods imo.

3 minutes ago, DEVSR2 said:

Thanks to the advice of this thread - I fitted my footwell lights today. Lamps were around £10 each from FPUK.

Passenger is a doddle but I honestly thought that I was going to snap the drivers side wire when pulling (didn't remove metal bar either) but nope, all was good.

Lights look great and is probably the best £20 I'll spend on mods imo.

It really is a good addition and yes, the driver side wire is an absolute wrist and finger breaker! 

• 2 months later...

Hi, i recently purchased some footwell lights from CEUk for my mk8 Fiesta ST-Line. However, i was told they only come on with the headlights but mine all the time. Which isn't too much of a problem but, when the car is off and locked they still stay on. I spoke to CEUK about it and they said the mk8's footwell lights stay on for up to 20 minutes after locking the car. Has anybody else had this issue with footwell lights in their mk8?

3 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Hi, i recently purchased some footwell lights from CEUk for my mk8 Fiesta ST-Line. However, i was told they only come on with the headlights but mine all the time. Which isn't too much of a problem but, when the car is off and locked they still stay on. I spoke to CEUK about it and they said the mk8's footwell lights stay on for up to 20 minutes after locking the car. Has anybody else had this issue with footwell lights in their mk8?

There is a “lights off delay” in the Fiesta but it isn’t anywhere near as long as 20 mins - more like a minute or so. I find the footwell lights go off at the same time as any other interior lights such as the ambient light in the cupholder 

• Like 1

I got the OEM footwell lights, and they turn off shortly or immediately the car is off.
I have not watched it, but it does not seem to be light on when the car is off and locked.

• 3 months later...

Hello, Where can I get the OEM footwell lights? Because ford parts is not available actually and I'm not able to find them in any place.

Maybe, tomorrow I will go to ford's distributor here and I look if they have the lights

• 3 months later...

Just fitted these to my wife's 24 day owned car having had mine fitted to new car delivered yesterday as part of deal.

Like others thought it was going to be easy, yes the passenger side no problem at all.

Drivers side - could see the connection "stored" by looking between steering column and dash skirt, could even reach it but not enough grip to remove.

Remembered a set of long nose pliers bought some time ago languishing in tool box - the answer to the problem with a little manoeuvring to get nose around  end of the connector, no need to remove steel bars or get  bruises trying to feed fat hands into place.

See attached tool.

Nice effect of lights.

pliers ambi inst dr side.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bought the ceuk footwell lights for the mk8 passenger side was done in near enough 30 seconds the drivers side however has took me collectively 6 hours and counting that’s also with the supposed help of needle nose pliers... I’m seconds from pull the hole car apart I have adhd my patience is limited at the best of times I’ve remained calm far too long now I’ve took the little metal brace everyone was on about to make life easier and they got there’s put in 10 minutes well done lucky for you Ive tried to pull the whole fxcking underneath of the steering wheel out and that’s not coming out either 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Ordered the Lens- ambient lighting yesterday from my local Ford parts department.

Picked them up am today £27 lighter.

Passenger side easily done but found the drivers side more difficult,did remove the metal bar on mine and also the small pull down stowage unit as to a slightly get a better view to were the plug you have to remove is.

Once removed after a few attempts plunged in to the ambient light unit and installed.

Have to wait till tonight to see how it looks.

Hi all, how does drivers side connecter come out, I just can't seem to do it. 

On 3/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Andy st line said:

Hi all, how does drivers side connecter come out, I just can't seem to do it. 

There's a little tab at the back of it which you have to press down on before pulling it out. 

I have fitted footwell LED lights from AutoBeam. They are plugged in and work for a few seconds before going off (same with the cup holder lights) however if I only plug one side in at a time, it works fine. This is a 20 plate, so not sure if anything’s changed with wiring? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 9:51 PM, robbyvrs said:

Hi

I've seen posts on FB about people adding footwell lights to their new Fiestas and cannot find out exactly what is needed.

I think i've found the wiring at each side (3 wires into a block?) so would  Nox Vidmate VLC i need a light unit to fit into 1 of each holes (rectangle) on the lower trim and that's all?

On the MK7 and 7.5 the bulb holders were already wired in so just fitting a bulb was all required - with the MK8 was that easy

I’m going to have a look this week at getting the wire out of the drivers side that I’ve been struggling with and order the part. The genuine ford part no is 2112634. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club