Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Footwell lights

robbyvrs

Fitted the ford ones to my St line which has now been traded for a fiesta St3, removed them thinking I’d fit them to the St, didn’t realise they are fitted as standard. So if of use to anyone drop me a pm.

210D65B6-6B79-4E14-9416-39486DEC800F.jpeg

5AE5C5B1-5FF8-4DAF-B21C-9A79600AB97E.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Do you have any idea on how and when the lights actually come on, some people say constant but i read only when doors are open or engine is turned off after driving until the car is locked?

• 4 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, KingCraigx said:

I have fitted footwell LED lights from AutoBeam. They are plugged in and work for a few seconds before going off (same with the cup holder lights) however if I only plug one side in at a time, it works fine. This is a 20 plate, so not sure if anything’s changed with wiring? 

That must be the full 48 SMD panels you bought? On some models they do not work unfortunately, the car detects them as drawing more power than standard and turns the lot off.

I would suggest the small OEM like panels which fit into the factory unit however are available in all colours: https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-mk8/products/led-footwell-interior-unit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I’ve just fitted the smd 48 panels from auto beam and like someone else posted one works but plugging other in causes them both out. Left one in for now BUT if you turn the front fog lights on the (one) footwell flashes and goes out ?  Presuming it’s a canbus issue?  Car is an ST Line X hybrid built September 2020. 

I have recently installed this mod. Bought 2 lights from local Ford dealer. And it was plug-and-play! In less than 5 minutes it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m looking at installing these onto my ST-LINE. However, having issues trying to find a genuine version of this parts. Does anyone know where I would get these as a genuine Ford part?

4 hours ago, TylerC said:

I’m looking at installing these onto my ST-LINE. However, having issues trying to find a genuine version of this parts. Does anyone know where I would get these as a genuine Ford part?

Ford...... Dealership Spare parts desk.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, David Ridout said:

Hi.  I’ve just fitted the smd 48 panels from auto beam and like someone else posted one works but plugging other in causes them both out. Left one in for now BUT if you turn the front fog lights on the (one) footwell flashes and goes out ?  Presuming it’s a canbus issue?  Car is an ST Line X hybrid built September 2020. 

I am pretty sure the Fiesta STLX Mhev we test drove before ordering (2021 model) had footwell lights in place and they go out when driving, they did not stay on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I am pretty sure the Fiesta STLX Mhev we test drove before ordering (2021 model) had footwell lights in place and they go out when driving, they did not stay on.

Its illegal to have interior lights on at night while driving car.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Its illegal to have interior lights on at night while driving car.

That's actually a bit of a myth. There's no law anywhere that states you can't have lights on inside your vehicle. It just can't be distracting to you or dazzle other drivers as it can be seen as careless driving. Otherwise how do you think busses get away with having their inside lights on all night?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luke4efc said:

That's actually a bit of a myth. There's no law anywhere that states you can't have lights on inside your vehicle. It just can't be distracting to you or dazzle other drivers as it can be seen as careless driving. Otherwise how do you think busses get away with having their lights on all night?

The RAC said: “There is no law against this. However, if a police officer pulls you over and adjudges your interior light to be a driving distraction they have the right to tell you to turn it off.”

But drivers should not show anything out of the back windscreen other than a red light.

And the driver should not be distracted from the road by, for example, switching on and off.

• 1 month later...

Anyone with an Active fitted these? I can't find the plug so thinking they're not there. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo NI said:

Anyone with an Active fitted these? I can't find the plug so thinking they're not there. 

Have you looked under the dash to see if you have a small rectangle hole where the unit clips in? if you do then look into the hole (or stick your finger in) to see if there's a cable with a black connector on the end

Yes, I've looked but don't see anything. I assume it's pretty obvious 

17 hours ago, Jimbo NI said:

Yes, I've looked but don't see anything. I assume it's pretty obvious 

Obvious if you know where to look.

On the very lower part of the plastic dash (where you might catch your feet) is where the holes should be. The passenger side cable is easy to spot but the drivers side is out of sight and held in place with a plastic clip.

The last time i fitted mine i removed the headlight switch panel so could see and reach the cable - some have removed a metal bar to get to it.

• 1 month later...

I have hunted out the connectors and installed the led lights but they are not working as if no power. Do you need some sort of softwear installed. I have a focus st line x ?

29 minutes ago, Mascott said:

I have hunted out the connectors and installed the led lights but they are not working as if no power. Do you need some sort of softwear installed. I have a focus st line x ?

They need to be enabled on the Focus.

I tried adding them on the Mk3.5 but had no luck. Not sure how it is on the MK4, but on the MK3.5, even if the cables are present, doesn't mean that the module to control/power them is.

Mine is an 18 plate st line x. Where would the connecting cables go to? There must be a way some how to get them working can't be that much difference from the titanium x. Surely 

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, Rick65 said:

Fitted the ford ones to my St line which has now been traded for a fiesta St3, removed them thinking I’d fit them to the St, didn’t realise they are fitted as standard. So if of use to anyone drop me a pm.

210D65B6-6B79-4E14-9416-39486DEC800F.jpeg

5AE5C5B1-5FF8-4DAF-B21C-9A79600AB97E.jpeg

I’m guessing these sold? 

• 3 weeks later...

HI DO U STILL HAVE THE FOOTWELL LIGHT FOR SALE 

On 4/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, RO02THO said:

I’m guessing these sold? 

Yes

18 hours ago, Jamiehebb said:

HI DO U STILL HAVE THE FOOTWELL LIGHT FOR SALE 

and no, i should know they have been in my car for 10 months now...

Now onto the location / cable of them, this is the cable, on my 2018 st line x it was cliped to something on the LHS to stop it rattling. (not that 1 more rattle would make any difference mind 🤣)

image.thumb.png.132c5f98f528161839b9a299185731fa.png

Driver side was a bit more of a pain, my hands where not small enough to get up the back of the metal bar, so i removed it and after some messing about found the cable hanging behind the location for the light. again just a plug and play.

image.thumb.png.e5ca7fa211b4957b174cbda81a0dc3ab.png

With these in my situation nothing else needed doing, they are always on, although obviously you can't see them at night, they stay on for a few seconds after the car is locked and then go off. If i recall correctly they're wired up to the same thing as the cupholder ambient lighting.

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 4:12 PM, robbyvrs said:

Yep fitted them last weekend.

Passenger side was easy as the wire was easy to find - plug light into connector and slot unit into hole under dash - 2-3 mins

Drivers side was a little tricky as i could see the cable (looking under steering column) but wasn't sure how to get it out? i ended up removing the headlight switch trim so the connector was visable and pushed it out of the fixing hole - pushed connector into light and slotted it into the hole under the dash.

To remove the trim there is 1 bolt under the dash, remove this and the panel pulls forward as it's then held in place with 5 metal clips and  2 plastic tabs at the outer (door) edge - very easy to remove.

The lights are on when driving and for several minutes after leaving the car. These are very subtle in the dark so not distracting at all

what colour are the genuine lights some one told me they are blue? ideally looking for white. i have the Ceuk ones and i find them too bright at night to the point they reflect an image of my feet on the drivers side window.

They are the same as the cup holder illumination. 

• 9 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 3:26 PM, tomliamkins said:

I've got the LEDs from CEUK as posted above. They're are bright but not very distracting at night. They do stay on permanently when driving and take 10 minutes to turn off after locking the car. If you don't want super bright ones you can buy the part from Ford directly and I think that includes the holder for them so the light is diffused, not too sure on the part number.

The passenger side connector is really easy to get to, you can see it if you duck your head underneath the dashboard and just push it out of the holder. The driver side one is much harder and is hidden below the steering wheel behind the plastic, requires a bit of force to get it out and it might be easier if you take off the thin metal bar to give yourself more manoeuvrability, however I didn't need to do this because I've got skinny wrists haha.

Hi. Can you tell me, do the lights go off when the car is locked. I have read that there is a time delay but I don’t want to go out to a flat battery or draw attention to the lights at night if they remain on. Thanks 

6 hours ago, vettienbusta said:

Hi. Can you tell me, do the lights go off when the car is locked. I have read that there is a time delay but I don’t want to go out to a flat battery or draw attention to the lights at night if they remain on. Thanks 

yep, go off aprox 10 to 30 seconds max after the car is locked. easy install and wires are existing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club