robbyvrs

MK8 Footwell lights

Fitted the ford ones to my St line which has now been traded for a fiesta St3, removed them thinking I’d fit them to the St, didn’t realise they are fitted as standard. So if of use to anyone drop me a pm.

210D65B6-6B79-4E14-9416-39486DEC800F.jpeg

5AE5C5B1-5FF8-4DAF-B21C-9A79600AB97E.jpeg

Do you have any idea on how and when the lights actually come on, some people say constant but i read only when doors are open or engine is turned off after driving until the car is locked?

On 3/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, KingCraigx said:

I have fitted footwell LED lights from AutoBeam. They are plugged in and work for a few seconds before going off (same with the cup holder lights) however if I only plug one side in at a time, it works fine. This is a 20 plate, so not sure if anything’s changed with wiring? 

That must be the full 48 SMD panels you bought? On some models they do not work unfortunately, the car detects them as drawing more power than standard and turns the lot off.

I would suggest the small OEM like panels which fit into the factory unit however are available in all colours: https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-mk8/products/led-footwell-interior-unit

Hi.  I’ve just fitted the smd 48 panels from auto beam and like someone else posted one works but plugging other in causes them both out. Left one in for now BUT if you turn the front fog lights on the (one) footwell flashes and goes out ?  Presuming it’s a canbus issue?  Car is an ST Line X hybrid built September 2020. 

I have recently installed this mod. Bought 2 lights from local Ford dealer. And it was plug-and-play! In less than 5 minutes it works.

I’m looking at installing these onto my ST-LINE. However, having issues trying to find a genuine version of this parts. Does anyone know where I would get these as a genuine Ford part?

4 hours ago, TylerC said:

I’m looking at installing these onto my ST-LINE. However, having issues trying to find a genuine version of this parts. Does anyone know where I would get these as a genuine Ford part?

Ford...... Dealership Spare parts desk.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, David Ridout said:

Hi.  I’ve just fitted the smd 48 panels from auto beam and like someone else posted one works but plugging other in causes them both out. Left one in for now BUT if you turn the front fog lights on the (one) footwell flashes and goes out ?  Presuming it’s a canbus issue?  Car is an ST Line X hybrid built September 2020. 

I am pretty sure the Fiesta STLX Mhev we test drove before ordering (2021 model) had footwell lights in place and they go out when driving, they did not stay on.

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I am pretty sure the Fiesta STLX Mhev we test drove before ordering (2021 model) had footwell lights in place and they go out when driving, they did not stay on.

Its illegal to have interior lights on at night while driving car.

6 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Its illegal to have interior lights on at night while driving car.

That's actually a bit of a myth. There's no law anywhere that states you can't have lights on inside your vehicle. It just can't be distracting to you or dazzle other drivers as it can be seen as careless driving. Otherwise how do you think busses get away with having their inside lights on all night?

1 minute ago, Luke4efc said:

That's actually a bit of a myth. There's no law anywhere that states you can't have lights on inside your vehicle. It just can't be distracting to you or dazzle other drivers as it can be seen as careless driving. Otherwise how do you think busses get away with having their lights on all night?

The RAC said: “There is no law against this. However, if a police officer pulls you over and adjudges your interior light to be a driving distraction they have the right to tell you to turn it off.”

But drivers should not show anything out of the back windscreen other than a red light.

And the driver should not be distracted from the road by, for example, switching on and off.