Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 SMAX Window washer alighment

skipzoid

Hello All.

How are the front window washers alighed to hit the windscreen ?

They're never been particually accurate at hitting the screen, the alighnment seems to be at rest to hit around 5CM from the top of the screen and most of it ends up on the roof.

The spray pattern is really good though and all three hit pretty much in a straight line across the screen. Would be perfect if it was around 20CM lower.

Spoke to the local dealership and was told they are fixed and they are all the same on every smax. ! ? Really ?

I cannot believe that they are all the same and for the moment I've not got the time to take it all apart to see.

You've posted in the Focus forum not the SMax one!!

I don't know exactly what they are like on yours but on cars when I need to adjust it-  the water comes out of a small metal ball with pin hole in it. you move the metal ball with a pin. but very slight movement alters the jet a lot so it's fiddly to get right. perhaps newer ones are made differently, I have not checked

Mist/fan jets are fixed with no adjustment, the dealer is correct.  They're designed to be used while driving on the motorway though, which is why they're a bit high at standstill.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club