Do Not Sell My Personal Information

aux port conversion to usb

sharkyd76

i have an aux port in the glove box of my 2007 1.8 tdci mondeo. has anybody got experince or knowledge of converting it to a usb port.

could a usb port be fitted and connected to the head unit as an additional item?

thanks in advance

Simple answer No, USB is not a function in the head unit it works thru the Bluetooth/ Voice module, so if you have bluetooth you may just have to change the BT module to one with USB but apparently earlier Mk4,s may require a wiring mod

i have blue tooth so might look into changing the modules. its just the sound quality via aux isnt great! 

what about changing the bluetooth modules so that audio plays via bluetooth? would that be more of a workable solution?

4 hours ago, sharkyd76 said:

what about changing the bluetooth modules so that audio plays via bluetooth? would that be more of a workable solution?

Yes it doable im not sure which module you need its a minefield but if you do a search on the site there is a lot of info as to module numbers ,if your changing you might as well get the latest module you can.

fantastic thank you. ill keep you posted with progress

You will need version N or later for bluetooth streaming subject to module needed, it would be best for advice if you give the existing module when you post. The module is above the glovebox.

• Like 1

ok will have a dig around and see what ive got

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club