Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Solid mass flywheel

mac801123

Hi all,  I'm hoping some one can help me with info on if I can use a flywheel from a Focus 1.8tdci FD9A engine on a KKDA engine.  I know it maybe a long shot but if it does it save me a bit.  Lol

Engine code F9DA is an 1.8 TDCI which was used in the Focus MK1.5 and Transit Connect.

Engine code KKDA is an 1.8 TDCI which was used in the Focus MK2/MK2.5, C-Max MK1/MK1.5 and Transit connect. 

In the Focus or C-max the 1.8 TDCI engine always has a dual mass flywheel. In the Transit Connect the 1.8 TDCI engine has a solid (single mass) flywheel. Next to the flywheel the clutch is also different.

On the 1.8 TDCI the dual mass flywheel can be converted to a single mass flywheel by using a Transit Connect flywheel and clutch. However you should be aware that this conversion will result in a lot more engine/gearbox vibrations and the car will be less comfortable to drive. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club