Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Torque wrench setting for front hub nut

Chris1234

Hi all,

The old girl has had a new clutch fitted by a local garage now and is running well. It has developed a front wheel bearing whine (which I half expected as I am guessing that they would have had to take the driveshafts out to get the gearbox clear) I am going to have a go at doing the bearing myself using my new toy...the press. My question is... does anyone know the hub nut torque setting?

The car is a 52 plate 1.6 petrol.

Thanks in advance

Chris.

Thanks very much indeed Ian.

Cheers

Chris.

Hi All,

Another daft question,

I have tested both wheel bearings by spinning the wheel by hand as well as checking for movement and they seem ok but the noise persists, If  I steer slightly left it is not so loud however straight ahead or slight right and it whines again. Does that mean that it sounds like the right hand side that could have the problem?

As an afterthought... I have not yet checked the rear bearings, is it possible for the noise to get worse when steering one way if a rear bearing was faulty?

Thanks for any replies in advance and I am sorry for the barrage of daft questions.

Cheers,

Chris.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club