Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Cruise Control - 2017/19 Mark 8 Fiesta ST Line 140

Tom Griffiths

Hello All,

I recently purchased a 3 month old Ford Fiesta ST line (ex demo) from Ford Evans Halshaw which was advertised as having Cruise Control fitted, and upon delivery didn't. It has lane assist and  a speed limiter, but not cruise control.

The garage is willing to support a retrofit/ partial refund and apologised for the misguidance on the description.

Before we go down the lines of false advertising and misrepresentation etc, has anyone had any success in retrofitting official ford parts for cruise control - and how much time/effort/ cost this for you?

Due to the long motorway travel I do, cruise control was a feature I was very keen to have,

Any help you can all give would be great,

Tom

South East London

It’s very likely that it’s all wired up for CC, at least based on how the Mk7.5s are wired. Get them to fit a CC steering wheel and enable it using their Ford software for you. That would be hugely expensive if you paid to do it, but will cost them a wheel at dealer rate and 20min of tech time. 

Hello - Thanks for the reply.

When you say them do you mean the Garage we bought it from? Because they pretty much washing their hands with it and offering a small refund or I can reject the car. Do you know of any companies in the south who are fitting genuine ford CC parts (I want to stay clear of the after market add ons if possible). Thanks again

In that case I’d recommend buying a CC wheel from Ford (ask the dealer you bought it from if they will get it for you at dealer rate). You should then be able to activate the CC using Forscan. Sad news is there isn’t much online about Mk8 and Forscan, though I did see a thread started on here a few weeks back (a quick search should find it). 

Have you tried using the speed limiter?

At first I was concerned about mine not having cruise control as my last car did, however im slowly coming to appreciate the speed limiter.

It gives you the same benefit of being able to keep a constant speed, but means that you don't have to brake/cancel the cruise control all the time if you need to slow down. The only drawback is you need to keep your foot on the accelerator.

Obviously adaptive cruise gives the best of both but id have thought you'd need more than just a new wheel to retrofit adaptive cruise? presumably some kind of sensor in the bumper too.

I'm assuming you didn't test drive or view the car in person before you took delivery? If you didn't you'll have a much better argument as you're having to take what they've advertised it as being equipped with as true, so in this case would be false advertising and you could get trading standards or the motor ombudsman involved as a last resort.

If the Evans Halshaw you purchased it from isn't local to where you live it might be worth asking if they can arrange for the work to be carried out at an Evans Halshaw Ford dealer closer to you, charged at their internal rate?

On 8/24/2018 at 8:18 PM, cjsemple said:

I'm assuming you didn't test drive or view the car in person before you took delivery? If you didn't you'll have a much better argument as you're having to take what they've advertised it as being equipped with as true, so in this case would be false advertising and you could get trading standards or the motor ombudsman involved as a last resort.

If the Evans Halshaw you purchased it from isn't local to where you live it might be worth asking if they can arrange for the work to be carried out at an Evans Halshaw Ford dealer closer to you, charged at their internal rate?

Yeah you’re completely right mate - definitely within our rights to do this under the Online and Selling distance regulations. 

They have been fairly reasonable in the sense that they are willing to have it fitted (after market not genuine ford) but using a garage in the NW. 

I’m 50/50 on having it done tbf, as jaywalker says the limiter is kind of cruise control for speed limitation but you need to keep your foot on the pedal. We’ve taken the car away his weekend for fairly long run and I must admit I missed having cruise on the motorways - but was glad not to have it on the A roads where it was far more fun. 

Ive the option to have it fitted via a 3rd stalk being fitted to the steering wheel - but the thought of drilling holes etc is putting me off a little and I dunno where I stand on warranty then either. It’s with a ford third party place mind - they are recommending the garage to do it. 

Ill let you know what I do, but share your thoughts with me 👍🏼👍🏼

My advice would be to find a damaged mk8 being broken with cruise control, on eBay for example, then buy whats required and have it fitted and coded, then its as factory. 

• 4 months later...
Hello All,
I recently purchased a 3 month old Ford Fiesta ST line (ex demo) from Ford Evans Halshaw which was advertised as having Cruise Control fitted, and upon delivery didn't. It has lane assist and  a speed limiter, but not cruise control.
The garage is willing to support a retrofit/ partial refund and apologised for the misguidance on the description.
Before we go down the lines of false advertising and misrepresentation etc, has anyone had any success in retrofitting official ford parts for cruise control - and how much time/effort/ cost this for you?
Due to the long motorway travel I do, cruise control was a feature I was very keen to have,
Any help you can all give would be great,
Tom
South East London

Did you ever get this sorted? Did the dealer help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I read someone else tried yet and it didn’t work. They were looking at fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hi, just to let you know, I have tried this, changed the complete steering wheel for one with the added cruise on my 18 plate Zetec and tried to initialise it with the latest Forscan including the American market version and had no success!

The odd thing is all the left buttons have now stopped working as it does not recognise the left hand switch gear. So we are at a loss unless someone else has worked it out?

it is almost like the scan does not see a Cruise control module being present, but looking on the parts list, there is not a separate one listed. Any help much appreciated 

Sounds like the loom or clockspring is different if it’s not recognising the left switch. 

• 11 months later...

You need to fit the ford CC steering wheel switch. There is a number on the back, this needs set through forscan to match the new switch then activate CC.