Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken down

NeilRS

Driving down the M40. Noticed the air con wasn’t working- secondsclater the engine  starts making an almighty noise- like driving over a rumble strip. Got  recovered off the motorway and now awaiting recovery Home. Any ideas? No warning lights 

Second recovery chap things it may be the aicon Pump broken. Makes sense I guess 

AC Clutch failed on mine and the drive wheel fell off, sounds exactly the same as mine from the noise you describe.

Towed to dealers and fixed in half a day at the dealers, under warranty.

2 is a coincidence...... anybody else?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Is 3 even more of a coincidence.

This is what caused my AC problem see  thread below at

AC clutch fell off the compressor last month at 22,000 miles, damaged an AC pipe that was difficult to source. 

Thanks folks. Had a look in the engine bay and there was a loose elastic band in there- not sure if there’s any connection? 

Can I presume the cars ok to drive with the air con switched off then? Off to wales for a week on Saturday so I doubt I’ll need thevAC- Ford can’t fit me in until Tuesday so need to take it on holiday. 

I was able to drive mine OK but assume nothing, I had a pipe damaged when the failure happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update it was my air con compressor that had failed. Dealer expecting parts in tomorrow and will fix under warranty. 

Car repaired and ready for collection, looking forward to see My how many alloys they’ve kerbed!

Fair play- air con fixed with a new pump, service done for a price matched £199 and a brand new steering wheel fitted due to the west issue. GreT service by Hartwell Ford kidlington 

Can someone give the details of the west issue with the steering wheel.

The ford garage dealing with my brake down are oblivious to any recall or service issue with the steering wheel/adaptive steering. (Assuming the west issue is the same thing [emoji15])

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Put your VIN number into Ford ETIS (http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do) and it might come up there.

On a side note, I did this on Chrome and it showed nothing. Did it on Internet Explorer and it would show. Had my wheel replaced now and it's gone from there show can't show you unfortunately.

Apologies-predictive text. ‘West’ should read ‘wear’ issue. Nothing to do with adaptive steering. Mine wasn’t recalled for that either. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club