Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central locking issue

Gymfocused

Hi, I had a problem with the locks this morning. When I got to work today, I couldn't get the car to lock. I could only lock the driver door on the key. No other doors did. There was no noise on operating the fob, or key. No lights either, except on unlocking on the fob. The alarm did arm though. When I got home and tried to lock the car, it all worked as normal. Has anyone ever seen this?

I seem to remember hearing of instances where the RF signal used by the keyfob was being jammed by a local signal of some kind. The fact it worked when you got home suggests it might have been something like this. I assume your key has been ok at work previously so maybe there was something nearby just on this occasion emitting a signal. Let us know what happens tomorrow.

All seems to be working at the moment. Very odd.

Exactly the same problem again this morning, argh! What can I do?

I've just tried the turning the ignition on and off right times trick (keyless start mind) with no joy. Can someone please help?

Edited by Gymfocused
Mis type

I have tried again tonight and still no joy. She will not even lock the other doors with the key, only the drivers door. I take it the motor is to blame, even though unlocking on the key and fob is possible? Thanks. 

Whats a good price for a motor please guys, or has anyone got one they could sell me please?

1 hour ago, Gymfocused said:

Whats a good price for a motor please guys, or has anyone got one they could sell me please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-2005-2007-OFFSIDE-DRIVER-FRONT-CENTRAL-LOCKING-MOTOR-3M5A-R21812-MP/400893941990?epid=1109788222&hash=item5d572418e6:g:qBsAAMXQnXFRatWP

Hey guys, i've gone and taken off the door trim but, i cannot get the inner metal section off entirely. help

2 minutes ago, Gymfocused said:

Hey guys, i've gone and taken off the door trim but, i cannot get the inner metal section off entirely. help

Have you undone and secured the window out of the way?

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you undone and secured the window out of the way?

How do you do that please? The metal panel is held to the mechanism somehow. 

Yeah the window mech is attached to the panel.

You have to lower the window part way until the bolts become visible through the panel (might be some small foam circles covering the holes).  Then unbolt the window, lift it to the top and tape it well, up to the top of the door.  

If you're worried about it dropping, you can fully lower the window then remove the window seal, and pull the window out of the door to store safely away from the car.  Obviously that takes more time and effort than just taping it lol.

On 8/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, TomsFocus said:

Yeah the window mech is attached to the panel.

You have to lower the window part way until the bolts become visible through the panel (might be some small foam circles covering the holes).  Then unbolt the window, lift it to the top and tape it well, up to the top of the door.  

If you're worried about it dropping, you can fully lower the window then remove the window seal, and pull the window out of the door to store safely away from the car.  Obviously that takes more time and effort than just taping it lol.

Are the drivers door motors the same for the 3+5 door? The guy selling this one doesn't know 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-mk2-2007-central-locking-motor-drivers-side-door/263894123489

12 hours ago, Gymfocused said:

Are the drivers door motors the same for the 3+5 door? The guy selling this one doesn't know 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-mk2-2007-central-locking-motor-drivers-side-door/263894123489

I don't know either I'm afraid, would think they'd be the same though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i tried putting in a 2nd hand motor in the door today but, no joy. The central locking is still not working. I've also now had a bar drop out and the outer handle and lock no longer work. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Simon. 

Ok, the garage has managed to sort out the bar which dropped out and now the exterior handle and lock now work. Have i bought a duff motor or could it be the wiring harness? What do i do please?

• 2 weeks later...

Did the garage suggest what might be causing the locking fault?

You'd have to be unlucky to buy a second door latch with exactly the same fault so it sounds like it may be a wiring issue tbh, possibly a broken wire in the door loom.  Will need to get the multimeter out for any further tests.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:41 AM, TomsFocus said:

Did the garage suggest what might be causing the locking fault?

You'd have to be unlucky to buy a second door latch with exactly the same fault so it sounds like it may be a wiring issue tbh, possibly a broken wire in the door loom.  Will need to get the multimeter out for any further tests.

Hi, sorry for the massive delay in reply. The chap said either the 2nd hand motor i purchased is also faulty but, it could well be the loom coming into the door. If its the loom, other than looking for a bad wire, how do i test with a meter?

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, mjt said:

I seem to remember hearing of instances where the RF signal used by the keyfob was being jammed by a local signal of some kind. The fact it worked when you got home suggests it might have been something like this. I assume your key has been ok at work previously so maybe there was something nearby just on this occasion emitting a signal. Let us know what happens tomorrow.

yes, its very common some nice people from eastern Europe like to help save your door lock solenoids from over working

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club