Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro fit sat nav to 2012 Mk7 Fiesta

code11235

Hi all

I've been following the guide here to fit sat nav to my 2012 Fiesta:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/tutorials/article/346-retro-fit-sat-nav-to-fiesta-mk75/

I've got all of the parts ready to go, but I've hit a problem with the central configuration in Forscan.

The guide says to:

Open Forscan, go to Central Configuration, change to engineering mode, and change the options below:
Touchscreen - 06. MFD 5
Navigation System - For EU

The problem is, under my touchscreen options, there are only 3, and none of them are MFD 5 (see picture!).  I guess this is because my car is pre-facelift.

Is there anything I can do, and will it still work without this option?

Any advice much appreciated!

Display.png

Navigation.png

I never changed the touchscreen option and mine works without any issues 

Thanks, that's interesting, maybe I just need to go ahead and fit the hardware and see what happens.

Do you get the correct warnings on screen if you leave a door open etc?

I don't get any warnings at all. Navigation system was never intended to be fitted to pre face lift vehicles so I guess the module cannot communicate with later hardware. 

• 6 months later...

Hmmm, I too only have 3 options. My LCD display does not light up when I plug it in - there is no backlight and the lights behind the fascia button do not light up either.

I'm thinking this "Touchscreen" parameter needs to be altered for me, it however needs to be changed to "MFD high" or something - not "MFD 5" - I am trying to install the LCD below:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

6 hours ago, Nick_T said:

Have you also changed the head unit and facia panel? 

Yes, I have changed both. If I plug the new LCD and fascia in with my old head unit installed, the stereo won't even turn on...

If I plug the new LCD and fascia in with the new head unit, the stereo turns on (AUX does not work, possibly due to incompatible SYNC module, I have the BTVC module, pre -SYNC 1.0) but the LCD has no backlight...

The screen you have pictured is not a sat-nav LCD, what options have you changed in ForScan?  

Not sat nav screen and the screen is for a much later fiesta 

39 minutes ago, Nick_T said:

The screen you have pictured is not a sat-nav LCD, what options have you changed in ForScan?  

I understand the screen I have isn't the 5 inch Sat Nav screen but must require one of the extra options in the Touchscreen PID. (Probably "Colour MFD 4"?)

I've been fiddling around with the following PIDs in the Central Configuration:

In Car Entertainment: Changed from "High Level CD (single) and AM/FM radio" to "High Level CD and AM/FM radio Branded"

bluetooth handsfree: Changed from "BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connection" to "BT/VC + Info + Navigation"

Digital Radio Receiver: Changed from "Without Digital Radio System" to "DAB Radio System with PTY EU and ROW"

None of this has helped in anyway - nothing changed in terms of display brightness and functionality....

In fact - I've been talking about my issue here: 

I'm starting to think my car has an incompatible wiring loom.

1 hour ago, Nick_T said:

I think the screen has to be matched with the head unit..... 

Do you think the new head unit that came with the LCD screen does not match? 

New head unit label can be seen in below image:

s-l1600.jpg

22 hours ago, Glennington said:

I understand the screen I have isn't the 5 inch Sat Nav screen but must require one of the extra options in the Touchscreen PID. (Probably "Colour MFD 4"?)

I've been fiddling around with the following PIDs in the Central Configuration:

In Car Entertainment: Changed from "High Level CD (single) and AM/FM radio" to "High Level CD and AM/FM radio Branded"

Bluetooth handsfree: Changed from "BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connection" to "BT/VC + Info + Navigation"

Digital Radio Receiver: Changed from "Without Digital Radio System" to "DAB Radio System with PTY EU and ROW"

None of this has helped in anyway - nothing changed in terms of display brightness and functionality....

In fact - I've been talking about my issue here: 

I'm starting to think my car has an incompatible wiring loom.

Your right there, your putting a later fiesta screen and head unit in an earlier fiesta. Not compatable as far as im aware. 

2 hours ago, Nick_T said:

I think the screen has to be matched with the head unit..... 

Wrong, don't matter

The problem is facing is the loom probably

I have a head unit and Sat nav screen from a 2015 Fiesta in my 2008 Fiesta, it all works. Later Fiesta screens should work without issue in early cars. 

On 2/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, Glennington said:

Bluetooth handsfree: Changed from "BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connection" to "BT/VC + Info + Navigation"

Have you tried setting this option to without and using the new LCD? Your new setup is without Navigation

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, Nick_T said:

I have a head unit and Sat nav screen from a 2015 Fiesta in my 2008 Fiesta, it all works. Later Fiesta screens should work without issue in early cars. 

Have you tried setting this option to without and using the new LCD? Your new setup is without Navigation

I've tried it with the default option "BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connection" but still no backlight on the LCD...

• 3 months later...

will this guide work on ford fiesta titanium 2012 ???

1 hour ago, D3RC10 said:

will this guide work on ford fiesta titanium 2012 ???

The physical aspects of upgrading are the same, but the looms and plugs are different. Make sure you get a PFL system to ensure the plugs and light colours are compatible with your car. 

1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

The physical aspects of upgrading are the same, but the looms and plugs are different. Make sure you get a PFL system to ensure the plugs and light colours are compatible with your car. 

Sorry What does PFL mean need to all this lol 

thanks 

PFL = Pre Face Lift

You won't find a sat nav system to fit a PFL car as they did not manufacture one to my knowledge. You need to find out how many plugs are on the back of your head unit before commencing on a retro fit. It is possible to fit a nav system from a newer vehicle as I have done in my 2008 car without issues, it will be easier if you have a single black 24 pin plug in your car, it should do as I think they were introduced around 2010> in the Fiesta.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club