Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MONDEO TDCI 130 de cat review

Russ 6334

Hi all

i read many reviews about de catting a mondeo being a good way to increase power and save fuel etc, many reviews saying it transforms the car completely etc so I thought I’d make my own review

i have a TDCI 130 which had 56k miles in November so I bought it for m’way mileage as work 80 mile round trip a day it’s now covered about 72k and only returns about 46-49 mpg driving at 57-60mph on cruise daily

i got a brand new de cat and fitted it, was a little tricky but in all honesty an easy job with an air gun

initial first drive I was gonna smacked at the response pulling away in first! It flew away but sadly after about 500rpm same old mondeo it pulls away like a petrol now but saying it’s transformed the car I would say no it doesn’t 

mid range you don’t have to drop down a gear on hills as much but again nothing spectacular, 

mpg well fuel computer always reads about 53mpg but tank to tank always comes out around 45-49mpg now computer reads 53-57 a noticable increase in mpg however at the pump returned 48mpg last tank with cat was 49mpg

if your thinking of de catting your mondeo and expect to get back in a Ferrari engined super car think again, mpg won’t change and power wise you really won’t notice any major difference other than smoother to pull away in 1st

cost me £38 for de cat so not end of the world but thought I’d add my experience to the plethora of reviews that claim so much more....

russ

• Like 1

Make sure you keep the old cat to refit, the de-cat should fail MOT under the new regs. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

New to this forum, I have a Mondeo titanium.

I have very few photos of it currently, however I did make a YT video of my car if you would like to see it?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club