Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Sync 3 version/ build?

Abbadon

Could anyone confirm what the latest and greatest version for the Sync 3 is please?

My car is a 2018 ST TDCi.

I downloaded an update to a USB stick, which the ford site said I could make to my Sync, based on my VIN.

I have managed to get the USB to identify and it makes he statement update is underway, and eventually that I can remove USB and changes are applied next time I key on, but I never get any further messages at next key on and engine start. so I dont think my version has updated, as it still says 3.0, but I want to try and find out what builds of 3.0 other peoples cars say they have?

I feel its not completing, since I tried again, and if it had updated, it would not have used the existing USB as it would now match the installed version.

cheers,

Andy

Its the number after the 3.0 that's important.

Latest version I'm aware of is build 18025.

Ah ok, I might be ok then, I think thats the number that is there. I just didnt take note before of the build, as for some reason in my head I thought it was updating to to 3.1....

Is it supposed to flash any message on screen, on next engine on to confirm that the update has been implemented?

No extra messages after next key on, it's just when you turn off, lock and leave it for 20-30 mins it does it's maintenance.

1 minute ago, iantt said:

What version of maps have you got Alex? 

F7 I think? I did it myself.

Car came with F6

alot of newley registered vehicles are still on f6. just wondered what yours came with. how did you update to 7? 

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

alot of newley registered vehicles are still on f6. just wondered what yours came with. how did you update to 7? 

Found a guide on the net with download links to ford servers to grab the maps from.

we got f7 on usb sticks now, only had them a week or so. 

• Like 1

we got f7 on usb sticks now, only had them a week or so. 
Good.
I'm in for first service in November, hopefully my dealership will offer the map upgrade then.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

im led to believe the build version needs to be updated first before map loading. 

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

im led to believe the build version needs to be updated first before map loading. 

Yeah the F7 maps only load on build 18025.

How do I get hold of the F7? 

mine, even though only registered in July, is on F6...

Can anyone help with a link for the 18025 version..? Dropbox, Google drive or something...? I can't seem to find the official eu sync 3 18025 files anywhere... 

3 hours ago, Ryan McCombie said:

Can anyone help with a link for the 18025 version..? Dropbox, Google drive or something...? I can't seem to find the official eu sync 3 18025 files anywhere... 

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Enter the VIN and it should allow you to download the latest Sync 3 system update files required to support F7 maps. The download does not include actual map data i.e. voice/nav files.

6 hours ago, Abbadon said:

so where do i get the map files F7?

Ford UK has recently added map s update to the same download page. You should see updates for the Sync 3 and a separate update for maps which may not show until your system is updated to latest V3.

Do i need to let my car connect to my house wifi or similar for the system to know where i am at?

Otherwise I assume the website it will keep showing i need to update to 18025?

Andy

No not wifi you need to update the the build before you can update the maps as per the instuctions on the website, enter your vin you will need a memory stick that is formatted to exFAT and has a capacity of at least 32 gb no other files on it.

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

No not wifi you need to update the the build before you can update the maps as per the instuctions on the website, enter your vin you will need a memory stick that is formatted to exFAT and has a capacity of at least 32 gb no other files on it.

Sorry, I have already updated via memstick...

I wanted to know if i can allow the car to inform Ford that its been updated via wifi so that their servers know that I have updated to latest build, and then it will allow me to download the maps to a memstick.

2 hours ago, Abbadon said:

I wanted to know if i can allow the car to inform Ford that its been updated via wifi so that their servers know that I have updated to latest build, and then it will allow me to download the maps to a memstick.

Again the instruction are on the website, once you have downloaded to the car go back to the web site and upload the XML file  via the confirm update  button this all come up,after you have entered your vin.

If you are using a Mac it wont read the xml file.

3 hours ago, Abbadon said:

My car updated Ford via Wifi after the map update, so I didn't need to upload a file from the USB. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, avi said:

My car updated Ford via Wifi after the map update, so I didn't need to upload a file from the USB. 

This is what I was wondering was possible.

Ill check my usb first for the file and try that route too, since my wifi doesnt reach round the far side of the garage where i generally park my car.

So i found the XML file, uploaded to Ford, and now it reports my car is up to date - however, it also says my maps are up to date....

But I know my maps are only at F6, not the latest F7...

Any tips for this step?

2 hours ago, Abbadon said:

So i found the XML file, uploaded to Ford, and now it reports my car is up to date - however, it also says my maps are up to date....

But I know my maps are only at F6, not the latest F7...

Any tips for this step?

I too updated my Sync last night and uploaded the XML file to Ford. I too got the message that my maps were up to date.

Your last message made me check the Ford site again and now I get the message that there is 22.1GB map update available for download.

I'd check the Ford site a bit later/tomorrow and see if the map update it waiting for you.