Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screen washer

cyclone2259

My car is a 2002 focus 1.6 LX hatchback automatic. my problem is washers for the screen. I have put a new washer pump on my car as my washers was working on front screen only.  So brought a new pump thinking this would make the rear washer to work But no front only worked on the new pump. So to check the rear one was not blocked I changed the water pipes over then the back sprayed and the front did not. So I put the pipes back to the right way and put everything back on the car. Hope someone can give me some more ideas Please

Im not familiar with the earlier system, does one pump unit serve both front and rear? 

You have already confirmed that swapping pipes has made the rear work, so its not a fluid issue, so sounds like electrical fault, either when to tell car to spray rear, the signal is not reaching the correct pump or part of the pump, so have you checked fuses, wiring etc..? 

• Thanks 1

Fuses are ok so was wondering if it could be the stalk that is playing up? as I don't want to have the car out of action for too long due to being disabled and the car is my legs 

I think the rear screenwash operates by reversing the direction of rotation of the pump. It does rather look as if there is no power going to it when trying to spray the rear screen. Can you hear it running when you operate the stalk?

• Thanks 1

No noise when operating the stalk for the rear only when operating the front screen.if it is the stalk how easy is it to change or should I just live with it how it is. 

Stalk should be easy enough to replace and under a tenner for a used part.  Just need to remove the steering cowling then the stalk itself will either clip in or have a couple of small screws, then unplug it and it should just slide out.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the help just ordered one now have to wait for it to be delivered, then I shall fit it 

Just an update a very big thank you to everyone for the support. I got the delivery of another wiper stalk from eBay at a grand price of £5 with free delivery. I fitted this stalk in and I can  gladly say all is well washers front and back now working. Thanks again   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club