Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which engine have I got?

Hammy81
聽Share

Hi, just picked up my new car. Can you tell from looking under the bonnet which engine it is?

It was sold as 125, but trying to get insurance quotes it comes up 140!聽

Any help appreciated 馃檪

3 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

What's the reg?

I鈥檝e checked dvla and it says emissions are 98g which should correspond with 125.

For some reason insurance companies and comparison sites say 140

A 2011 Fiesta didn't even have the ecoboost engine which is why I'm asking...

In which case it sounds like you have a 125. Go to autotrader and put your reg in as if you are going to sell it (but don't list the ad obviously lol). See what that comes up with. Failing that an Forscan should tell you.

8 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

In which case it sounds like you have a 125. Go to autotrader and put your reg in as if you are going to sell it (but don't list the ad obviously lol). See what that comes up with. Failing that an Forscan should tell you.

Thanks, I鈥檒l see what it says 馃檪

8 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Have you checked the sticker on the b pillar?

No I haven鈥檛.聽

Thank you, I鈥檒l have a look soon 馃檪

I was going to say that, if its a 2011 there was no ecoboost then and mine is a 2011 fiesta titanium.

It鈥檚 125. So I鈥檓 going to have to ring insurance to change details!

11 hours ago, Hammy81 said:

It鈥檚 125. So I鈥檓 going to have to ring insurance to change details!

So its a 2011 car and a 1.25.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

So its a 2011 car and a 1.25.

No, she said futher up

On 8/24/2018 at 6:38 PM, Hammy81 said:

Oh sorry, it鈥檚 67 st line

It seems weird that DVLA have it listed and documented as a 125ps and it was sold as a 125ps but the insurance companies have it down as a 140ps. The mk7.5 140ps Fiesta ST-Line gives off聽104 g/km CO2, which I'm guessing聽a 67 plate vehicle would be.

10 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

No, she said futher up

It seems weird that DVLA have it listed and documented as a 125ps and it was sold as a 125ps but the insurance companies have it down as a 140ps. The mk7.5 140ps Fiesta ST-Line gives off聽104 g/km CO2, which I'm guessing聽a 67 plate vehicle would be.

I have to start reading every page.

67 st-line so ok that's weird then...........Yes looks like ringing them as something is wrong there.

44 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I have to start reading every page.

67 st-line so ok that's weird then...........Yes looks like ringing them as something is wrong there.

I鈥檝e used different comparison sites using car reg and they all come up as 1.0 eco boost 140.

I only got it late聽Friday, so haven鈥檛 seen or got v5 yet. The new owner slip just says st line turbo. It was only from checking online where I found 98g emissions. Even my finance documents say 140!

27 minutes ago, Hammy81 said:

I鈥檝e used different comparison sites using car reg and they all come up as 1.0 eco boost 140.

I only got it late聽Friday, so haven鈥檛 seen or got v5 yet. The new owner slip just says st line turbo. It was only from checking online where I found 98g emissions. Even my finance documents say 140!

Have you tried any of these car detail sites,i will add 1 of them, they are free and gives you basic details of your car.

https://www.mycarcheck.com/products/?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

There are a nice few which will give you HP of the car just enter the reg.

22 minutes ago, Hammy81 said:

It might be worth giving DVLA a call tomorrow and giving them the vehicle details so that they can cross-check it with their database. The online checker from DVLA only gives out the basic information and doesn't state the hp/ps of the vehicle.聽
Sometimes dealers make a mistake and put the wrong information down.聽

32 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Have you tried any of these car detail sites,i will add 1 of them, they are free and gives you basic details of your car.

https://www.mycarcheck.com/products/?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

There are a nice few which will give you HP of the car just enter the reg.

Hi, just tried that. Says 138bhp and 98co2!

24 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

It might be worth giving DVLA a call tomorrow and giving them the vehicle details so that they can cross-check it with their database. The online checker from DVLA only gives out the basic information and doesn't state the hp/ps of the vehicle.聽
Sometimes dealers make a mistake and put the wrong information down.聽

I will do, thanks 馃檪

9 minutes ago, Hammy81 said:

Hi, just tried that. Says 138bhp and 98co2!

There is a nice few on the internet that would give you the details like that,i have another here....knowyourcar.....聽 if you search it on google.

I use this one a lot on my phone just go onto the .....i.....on the far right as it gives you all tax/insurance/m.o..t stuff just add email and password

also m.o.t history (not in your case) being new and there are a few things they are adding to it so a few links don't work yet.

....Hope you sort it..

To answer the original question, there are no visible engine differences between 125 and 140ps so there's no way to tell like that.

The Ford ETIS website doesn't tell you either, they just list them as 120/125/140 so could be either.

Out of interest, I've just checked 5 2017 ST-lines currently on eBay and 3 of those are listed as the wrong power level!

I use聽http://www.cardatachecks.co.uk/ .聽 It shows power in Kw, so you're looking for 92Kw for a 125ps model.

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

To answer the original question, there are no visible engine differences between 125 and 140ps so there's no way to tell like that.

The Ford ETIS website doesn't tell you either, they just list them as 120/125/140 so could be either.

Out of interest, I've just checked 5 2017 ST-lines currently on ebay and 3 of those are listed as the wrong power level!

I use聽http://www.cardatachecks.co.uk/ .聽 It shows power in Kw, so you're looking for 92Kw for a 125ps model.

It鈥檚 definitely 125. I鈥檓 not really bothered, just don鈥檛 want anything to go wrong聽with insurance if anything happened and they鈥檝e got it listed as a different engine!

• Like 1