Do Not Sell My Personal Information

diagnostic test

lasthope

will a diagnostic test pick up a faulty fuel filter getting no lights on dash car stopped 3 times dead on a 80 mile drive home today,,as soon as I turn car off and back on it would start again when I tried just sitting reving it was ok until it went over 4000 revs then it cut out again then again it would start lol,, got it booked in for diagnostic test on tuesday

It may do, although it'll come up as low fuel pressure which could also be caused by a dodgy pump and a few other things.

If it hasn't had a fuel filter for a while it's probably cheaper to change that before paying for the diags with a problem like this.

was thinking that to 30quid for the test and can get filter bosh one 71quid but have sale on so that make it 35.99  its never had filter since I had car 14 month

you can get yourself a cheap fault code reader and some free software

lots of people on this forum have been satisfied with these

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

including me 

When my fiesta 1.6tdci was cutting out it had a fault code for low fuel pressure and replacing the filter fixed it.  Mind you trying to get the engine started after replacing the filter was murder - trying to get the air out of the system (between tank and high pressure fuel pump)

Yeah, as Isetta says, if you do change the filter yourself you'll need to buy a hand pump as well, it won't start without one.  

The fuel filters should last a few years but often seem to block earlier than they should.  As the filter is near the same price as the diags it's your choice really.  An ELM cable will be good for future use but with the bank holiday and postage you're unlikely to get it before the end of next week.

going to bite the bullet and go get the filter mate going to change it over on Monday he has got the hand pump so why not,,cheers

• Like 1

I did mine without a hand pump but had to recharge battery twice and also got a mouthful of diesel from sucking the fuel up the pipe with my mouth. I would not reccommend that way.  But get a code reader now so you have it ready for next time. Everyone should have one in their tool kit. They are fairly universal and not specific for one make of car. Just as important to have as a set of spanners and screwdrivers these days. 

I cheers mate will that code thing read how much dpf fluid

job sorted took him about 15mins cars works better lol he used this brake kit

s-l1600.jpg

Not seen a hand operated vacuum bleeder before, might buy one next time I do a brake job as my one man bleeder is on it's last legs lol.

I'll stick with my 90's Peugeot 'grenade' pump for diesel bleeding though, not sure if the diesel would damage the seals in that.  I found out diesel ruins the seals in an old aquarium pump pretty quickly lol.  

Ha ha was quick 15 mims all in car running sweet now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club