Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car crashed into me Sat 25th Aug

The insurance company seriously want to pay for that to be repaired?

Have they even been and assessed it correctly, checking the chassis for twists, cracks and other damage?

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

The insurance company seriously want to pay for that to be repaired?

Have they even been and assessed it correctly, checking the chassis for twists, cracks and other damage?

Like I said, it's at the bodyshop and it's been there since Tuesday afternoon when they picked it up.

I can't answer your questions when I don't have a clue.

If they have assessed it as within the bounds of economical repair then fair enough.
Make sure that once completed it is straight and to your expected standards.
Remember you do have the right to reject the car if it isn't done properly.
If they botch the job then it will never drive straight as I suspect the body may be out of alignment.
It needs setting on a jig to ensure everything is aligned properly.
All in all it looks like a load of work.
Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 3

Even if the car is repaired will it's resale value be the same. I could see prospective buyers pulling back the boot carpet seeing the repairs and walking away. Also would you be entitled to compensation to account for this fact so your not financially disadvantaged by the accident.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So are you making a claim on your own insurance or are you claiming directly from the driver at fault?

On 8/30/2018 at 12:05 PM, Daelpix said:

Just been to the car bodyshop and they're waiting confirmation to go ahead with repairs from the insurance company.

I've been reading up Hastings Direct (insurance co. I'm with.) and it says they'll only replace a car if it's less than one year old.

Other photos: Another angle of rear, inside boot and bonnet (bonnet lifted on near side 1cm)

No they only replace under 1 year, its repair or offer sum of money - hopefully enough to replace with a similar car , still can't see that as a repair

Vehicle value agreed. Waiting for engineer report to be sent to third party insurance then they can issue my payment.

Providing a get the money in time, I'll be starting to look for another car in 2-3 weeks

Are you claiming off third party for loss of use/ alternative transport costs, you have a right to( their insurers pay)If amount is reasonable. I despise people who take advantage and take the p@@s in this situation. So if you billed them for a hire car at expensive prices when it was not essential then that is bad and just contributes to rising insurance costs for everyone, but being sensible and reasonable is ok in my view. I hate these credit car hire type companies who exploit these situations. It is important that people in your situation know your rights, but I don’t encourage anyone to milk it, like I say, that increases premiums for everyone

• Like 1

Third party insurance was paying for the hire car.

I cancelled the car on friday as I didn't use it much. It was picked up today .

Engineer report been sent to third party insurance.

I’m with Hastings direct too - how has it been fairly quick ? 

Im hoping this will get sorted quick CF7FA30D-638E-4F39-A04E-54CFAABC87BE.thumb.jpeg.aaf7ea56b1f451b6c1cdd22792ac75d1.jpeg

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Stlinesteve1981 said:

Im hoping this will get sorted quick CF7FA30D-638E-4F39-A04E-54CFAABC87BE.thumb.jpeg.aaf7ea56b1f451b6c1cdd22792ac75d1.jpeg

What happened to you? Is that a roundabout you are on, looks like a lot of damage. Hope you and everyone else involved is ok 

46 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

What happened to you? Is that a roundabout you are on, looks like a lot of damage. Hope you and everyone else involved is ok 

No not a roundabout just a odd junction - other car went through a give way hit the side and rolled me over 

• Sad 1

***** hell, I thought it looked like it had rolled. You injured?

No nothing I did crack my head on a road sign on the other side of the road so I have a cut from that lol 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:45 PM, Stlinesteve1981 said:

Sorry to hear about your car.

I haven't heard anything back from Auxillis and still haven't recieved payment. The last I received an email from them was Tuesday 11th Sept saying that they've 'submitted costs of car to third party insurers'. - I had 2 options, First was to go through the third party, but might be a delay in getting my money, but won't effect my NCB. Second option was to go through Hastings Direct and I would get my money quicker but in turn would lose my NCB.I chose the first option.

If you want to ask them anything, don't email them becuase they're useless. It's best to ring them. Sent an email on the 11th and didn't hear anything. Fowarded the same email on 17th and again nothing.

Just rang Auxillis and they said they haven't heard anything back from the third party insurers.

Phoning them is one way of ensuring you speak to someone but it’s not the best thing to do. These companies state that ‘some’ calls are recorded and funnily enough its never the ones that you need for evidence. I’d always suggest either email or online chat as these methods ensure you can prove what was said. If you must ring them then always follow that up with an email that outlines your interpretation of the call, and give them the chance to reply if they feel that you have got something wrong. A paper trail is the most powerful thing you can have when it comes to insurance companies.

• Like 2

Is Auxillis an accident management company ? Are you using them instead of Hastings direct ? 

On 9/19/2018 at 11:03 PM, Stlinesteve1981 said:

Is Auxillis an accident management company ? Are you using them instead of Hastings direct ? 

Read my above comment.

Update: Been paid out from Auxillis. Now waiting for payment from salvage company. Also looking for a car this Saturday 🙂 Just hope the car I want is still available

Keep us posted mate, fingers crossed it works out for in terms of getting the replacement car that you want.

Received the second and final payment from 'Copart' (salvage company).

Looking at a car tomorrow. There's been a fiesta (same model/year, but petrol) on Ford website for 3 weeks. It was taken off yesterday. Might be moving away from Ford, as the car I'm going to look at is a Mini.

Checked out car and it was sold yesterday.

Went to local Ford dealership to ask about cars in my price range. They don't do them, but did say all the cars they don't sell go to a different garage, so decided to go there. Good job I did.

5 new vehicles had just arrived there including 3 fiestas. Asked about a fiesta.

1 lady owner with 70k miles. Petrol.  Zetec 1.4 '09 reg 5dr in a nice light blue. Should have it Wed/Thurs. Can't wait!

Nice to see things are looking up for you. Onwards and upwards now.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:45 PM, Stlinesteve1981 said:

Crap on a stick....hope you were ok after that, looks nasty!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club