Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O2 Sensor Problems PLEASE HELP!

cbirchy87

Last time my car went for an MOT it barely passed on emissions. Since then I have had the engine management light on. I have scanned with a ODB scanner and run some tests. The attached are the results. 

MID $02 TID:$91
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2

Min: 0.049V Mac 7.995V
Current 0v

MID $02 TID:$91
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2

Min: 0.049V Mac 7.995V
Current 0v

MIDL$05 TIS $91

O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2

Min 0.049v Max 7.995V
Current 0V

Im guessing this is an issue. Do both the sensors need replacing?

Screenshot_2018-08-29-07-40-12.jpg

I am not an expert on this, but if it was mine, I would be thinking-

would they both go at same time?

is one before the cat and one after the cat?

my understanding is that the one before the cat sends messages to the ecu to control the fuelling and the one after the cat does not control the ecu but just monitors to check that the cat is working.

I would check wiring/connectors first and maybe use a voltmeter to check if they are outputting a voltage at all. I can't tell you which wires to use.

didnt you have a missfire not that long ago.  i take it from the sensors its the 1.6 with twin cats? 

I did. About a year ago. That was down to the spark plugs in the end and was fixed when i replaced them. I dont know about having a dual cat:s

Touch wood. I run some Cat and lambda cleaner though and I have run the tests 3 more times and this time they are all green. I cleared the EML light and it hasn't come back since. Could this just be due to dirt? if so the cleaner i used worked, and worked quick!!!!

I hope it is that, that has fixed it

You will have dual cats as it was showing both after cat sensors at fault, bank1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club