Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update on UK sync 3 update site

gillyallan

Had a look with my vin and seen the usual your software is up to date but under it is a 22gb maps update.. Started my download, though says can take up to 80 mins to install it in car.

Car is probably USB 2.0 so will at best take 45 mins to just copy a 22gb file (unless you keep an SD card in all the time. I'm not sure how it works). Not sure about 80 mins but I'd say an hour to install and setup.

12 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Had a look with my vin and seen the usual your software is up to date but under it is a 22gb maps update.. Started my download, though says can take up to 80 mins to install it in car.

Just checked mine and it says "You'll be pleased to hear your Maps software is already up-to-date".   I guess this is because I already updated to F7 earlier in the year.

Says it takes about 35 mins then asks for a key cycle to do the second part, which then takes 45 mins. Guess I'll go a run at weekend and make the most of it.

Can I do a long key cycle? Say half install on road to work. Work all day and on road home do 2nd part?

Any idea what year the maps are from on this latest update? Trying to get time to install it.

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:

Any idea what year the maps are from on this latest update? Trying to get time to install it.

As far as im aware, the maps will be from 2016, (as the unofficial update files were around in March of this year) but im not 100% sure of that.

If you do manage to do the offical update @gillyallan, would you be able to send me a copy of the XML file that is created on your memory stick, so that I can upload that to the ford servers for my vehicle?  Thanks

Yeah. I presume you'd need to modify it to yours.

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:

Yeah. I presume you'd need to modify it to yours.

Yes, im guessing it should hopefully be that easy.

Updated today but disappointed since major roads around me still aren't in it. Guess maybe in another 2 years they might have this updated on it. Went smoothly though and took 30 mins then 40 on mine.

I'm trying to get that xml file

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gillyallan said:

Updated today but disappointed since major roads around me still aren't in it. 

Yea I found some really new stuff on it and other older but more major stuff missing.  Waze is good but I do some long distance journeys and at present it can't deal with routes greater than 200m. Pity the Ford solution can't be updated more frequently.   

Here's to F8 maps.

Ps the upload of log file isn't working right as rechecking it still says maps are available for me

30 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Here's to F8 maps.

Ps the upload of log file isn't working right as rechecking it still says maps are available for me

Ok, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Im struggling to get this update to work, the instructions says inshould have syncmyride folder autoinstall.lst and DONTFINDX.MSA attache picture is what i have

image.jpg

Id try with a different unzip prog if you can or on a windows computer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Id try with a different unzip prog if you can or on a windows computer.

Yea i think the mac blocks the exe file for some reason, currently downloading to ancient windows lap top then will have to try to remember how to unzip things😀

On 9/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, avi said:

Yea I found some really new stuff on it and other older but more major stuff missing.  Waze is good but I do some long distance journeys and at present it can't deal with routes greater than 200m. Pity the Ford solution can't be updated more frequently.   

I regularly did Swansea to kings Lynn using Waze and that is 300 miles each way? Never had any issues with Waze. What issues have you had?

17 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Yea i think the mac blocks the exe file for some reason, currently downloading to ancient windows lap top then will have to try to remember how to unzip things😀

Used the old laptop and all is well, new maps installed this morning.

• Like 1

Another one to trip up the Mac user is it wont read the XML file to confirm the update.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club