Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio upgrade

rabmcc

Hi guys what is a good radio upgrade fro the focus 2010. It currently has a ford 6000 cd. Without bluetooth. It does have phone buttons red and green, but after reading up a little this only mutes the radio I need an upgrade mainly for my phone. Thanks in advance. Ps I have an andriod phone. Ta.

Eonon or Xtrons radios seem to be the go to models.

They do ones that fit directly into the existing mounts and fascia plus have bluetooth and suchlike all in one so no external modules needed.

Their looms do tend to be rather chunky though so some patience is required to get everything to sit comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I guess it depends on whether you want Android built in or want to mirror your phone with Android Auto.  If it's AA, there are a number of choices from Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. they're standard Double DIN and you use a fascia adapter to convert the rounded 6000CD opening.

I'm about to tackle this tomorrow morning with a Sony XAV-AX100, I *think* I've got all the bits I need :-).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, rabmcc said:

Hi guys what is a good radio upgrade fro the focus 2010. It currently has a ford 6000 cd. Without bluetooth. It does have phone buttons red and green, but after reading up a little this only mutes the radio I need an upgrade mainly for my phone. Thanks in advance. Ps I have an andriod phone. Ta.

I've just fitted a fairly high spec Xtrons (Android 8.0) unit, it was part of their "factory fit" range so other than unplugging the cables and plugging in the new ones it uses all the existing parts including the existing fascia, the steering wheel controls even work straight out of the box.  I've linked my post about the update below to give you an idea what I'm on about.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club