Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Engine Oil/Wrong oil

Digispurs

Right I started an oil change on my car, all going well till I realised I had VW/BMW oil with me instead of Ford oil, absolute nightmare!

I have a Fiesta 1.6tdci MK7 and I do have 2 litres of Ford oil, would mixing Ford and VW oil together be ok or could I just use the VW/BMW oil anyway and all be ok?
I think the amount on this engine is 3.8 litres.

If not would driving on 2 litres of oil be ok for say 10 miles so I can get to Halfords tomorrow morning or topping it up to minimum with VW oil?

Also I'll be having a major service done on the car in about 6 weeks so the oil will do no more than about 2000 miles, mostly motorway.

Cheers

Are the  grades the same brand makes no differences check the specs

No don't drive it with only 2 litres of oil whatever you do. Order it online or cycle if you're desperate. The oil needs to meet a certain spec listed in the manual. I take it the viscosity is the same?

Why change the oil now if it's having a major service in 6 weeks anyway? Seems like a massive waste of money to me.

I think if your DV6 has burnt through almost 2 litres of oil there are more serious issues!

On 9/3/2018 at 7:55 AM, m1tch said:

I think if your DV6 has burnt through almost 2 litres of oil there are more serious issues!

Read the original post again...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club