Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Headlight problem

robbyvrs

Has anyone had their headlights changed under warranty due to the tabs (the one holding the bolt fixing to the top of the slam panel) breaking off?

Both of mine have broken off which means when pushing the light in the corner above the grille they move about, i've read on a FB page about others having the same problem but was checking to see just how many owners have had this issue.

New headlight approved under warranty - might be useful to anyone who find their tabs broken

Had my drivers side headlight replaced in April one week after I received the car - same problem broken lug.

All done under warranty and no problems.

Paul.

Seems an odd problem, only noticed when i changed the bulbs otherwise i's be driving with wobbly lights 🙂

7 months in and no breaks.

How do people manage to break the headlight mounting arms?

Mine was broke from brand new, the lug was snapped clean off - sounds like a common fault!

Paul.

14 hours ago, Mavroz said:

7 months in and no breaks.

How do people manage to break the headlight mounting arms?

According to some owners who've had this problem there was a faulty batch, 1 dealer told me some of the rear lights crack as well due to brittle plastics

I have done repairs myself made a new bracket from alu.  mine was snapped of the first day .

Put some matt black paint on it looks like new.

• 2 weeks later...

New headlights fitted today under warranty - not sure how the new lights come from Ford but the buggers have fitted standard bulbs in instead of swapping my uprated bulbs i had in before 🤬 back again to dealer on monday...............................................

You will be lucky if they still have the old ones. They will more than likely have been disposed of.

35 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

You will be lucky if they still have the old ones. They will more than likely have been disposed of.

most warranty items have to be kept on site for minimum 3 months from what i recall with all relevent details attacthed to a lablel. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club